There are 349 users in the forums

Blame Alex thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Peyton Manning threw 2 INTs today
That guy is a bum too!
He f**ken sucks ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does Peyton relate to this thread. Alex could only dream of having Peyton Manning's consistency and success.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Peyton Manning threw 2 INTs today
That guy is a bum too!
He f**ken sucks ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does Peyton relate to this thread. Alex could only dream of having Peyton Manning's consistency and success.

Exactly the name shouldn't even be brought up really!
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
If the 49ers will be lose game then i will blame the Defense got nope sacks with QB Or Mark Roman is still suck but he is improving too well.. wait and see on sunday.. let's kick asss the GB! Way to go 49ers!

i'm more about worry the offence rather then defence.. dont cha think?

hmm.. ok if the offensive are have far the 230 to 300 yards and suppose to be lose if the defense didn't make it then i'm more about worry the DLine got nope sacks with QB.. or Roman is still suck anyway.. Roman is still improve that finally last thursday game vs bears..

hey bayarealuv.. now you see that alex had 227 yards and 3 tds.. did you blame him? Or The defense didn't stop the GB because Roger had 300 to 350 yards somethings.. you see? the defense didn't sacks with him a QB Or Safety did missed to tackles that sux!

i agrees.. but blame both sidings of the footballz.. offence and defence

it does not help that our D is on the field lambough for 41 minutes.. omgawd.. that is lopside posession of time.. and who is to blame for that? alex? raye? o-line? sing? all of above guyz? shurgz?
I blame Alex for not being able to block for himself, or catch the passes he did manage to get off, for not being out there to stop the guys running free through the defense, for not calling his own plays, for being drafted by Mike Nolan onto the worst niners team in 30+ years, for getting his shoulder shredded by a 330 pound lineman, global warming, teenage pregnancy, the national deficit, Obama, Sarah Palin, 9/11, social inequity, the Enron debacle, the Iraq war, Afghanistan, cancer, illiteracy, H1N1, unemployment, the decline of the dollar, and finally the never ending stream of ignorant posts about him on these message boards.
If any blame goes around, it is a bigger picture blame to the GM, as this team has had very poor talent at the QB position for several years now. Mcloughan would probably rather have everyone blame Smith instead of him for not addressing the roster's shortcomings though.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I blame Alex for not being able to block for himself, or catch the passes he did manage to get off, for not being out there to stop the guys running free through the defense, for not calling his own plays, for being drafted by Mike Nolan onto the worst niners team in 30+ years, for getting his shoulder shredded by a 330 pound lineman, global warming, teenage pregnancy, the national deficit, Obama, Sarah Palin, 9/11, social inequity, the Enron debacle, the Iraq war, Afghanistan, cancer, illiteracy, H1N1, unemployment, the decline of the dollar, and finally the never ending stream of ignorant posts about him on these message boards.

In that case, then I give credit only to the OL, WR, RBs, FB, and TEs in that almost comeback 3 TD second half.

We can go either way.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
This is exactly what I was afraid of. We got our asses handed to us in the first half. That was the "real" 49ers squad. Inept on the offensive front with a defense trying its best to hang in the game. Alex Smith played atrocious. It was a tell tale of how this season has gone for us, and in the case of Alex Smith.......confirmed our suspicions that he's the same ole bust that he's always been.

But then GB got soft. They let off the aggression. The Niners became desperate (as we do in games where we're blown out by halftime) and started airing it out. All of a sudden, Alex looks like a hero. Attention is diverted away to OFF-FIELD issues (eg playcalling, coaching) instead of the garbage that is being displayed on the field.

Now..............even though we lost this game in the first half.........everyone is touting a MORAL VICTORY. No longer is Alex the bust that he's been since he became starter this season, but rather the unsung hero who brought his team back from extinction. Yeah, Ive seen this movie before.......try San Diego and Philadelphia 2006........where we were blown out by halftime + a piss poor performance by Smith, only to have him pad his stats against loose defenses in the 2nd half. End result = blind supporters flashing the "I love Alex Smith" badge and asking for his jersey to be retired next to Montana's.

And now we come full circle. Again, Alex comes up short in the first half. Niners get put out of the game. GB backs off in the 2nd....Alex gets a chance to open it up a bit (we'll forget the INT that led to GB's TD of course), and now we're shouting for a contract extension. Go Alex ! We know you're capable of "almost" winning it, and we'll ignore that you're one of the main reasons behind the loss to begin with.

Im sick of this s**t. There is no such thing as "moral" victories when you've been rebuilding for 7 years. There's no such thing as "moral" victories when your 1st round daft pick QB gets outshined by one who has a worse oline and supporting cast. And there's no "moral" victory with fans that find every damn excuse in the book to forgive their lame QB, who is ridiculed (watch highlights on NFL Network) by every major media outlet, but think they have a diamond in the rough that needs only a probowl RB, 2 probowl WRs, and 3/5 probowl OLinemen to showcase his REAL skills.

I really do wish that we would have lost, so we could finally start accepting the truth, instead of pretending that Alex will be a star if we use the spread offense. Yeah, like teams wont prepare for that. And then what, when we cant even get a completion with the spread ? Are we finally going to accept Alex as the bust that he is ? Oh no. We'll probably blame Raye or the oline as we always do.

PS - That INT wasnt Alex's fault. It was tipped by the leaf that was blowing in the wind.

I agree with every word you said. It has been 5 long years. I cannot believe that people are still making excuses. He plays well when the defenses get soft, and the game is over. And when the game is on the line, he throws a pick (like today). We all know that Alex is a nice guy, but it is time for him to leave our team.

Fans have gone soft. They don't care about winning anymore. They just care about being "right" in their arguments, so they can have delusions other people on the Net will think they are "smart".
you cant blame Alex for everything. Its the playcalling and the Line. Your as good as your line.
Alex is a bust. Nuff said.
I didn't get a bonus last year for work. I blame Alex Smith.

Alex Smith kills puppies, started the Iraq war, was behind 9/11....

Seriously this Smith hating crap is very old. Haters have been bashing him even before he started playing.

he is not a good leader, he has 0 self esteem and lacks confidence when times get tough. i have heard many times he is timid and shy, something no QB should have.
That Jay Cutler, I wouldn't want him on this team. He sucks and will never be good. Those 5 INTs...tsk, tsk, tsk...look at how he loses for his team.

Alex is Great!
He just never seems to put togetehr a complete game. Will we ever se this guy play consistent ball for more than a half or even 3 quarters. It seems as though he hasn't built on anything. Which has to be hard to do when everytime you look up you have a new system and a new guy telling you what to do.
Alex it is not your fault! My 6 year old daughter could call a better game than Raye! She could also block better for you too.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

In that case, then I give credit only to the OL, WR, RBs, FB, and TEs in that almost comeback 3 TD second half.

We can go either way.

Honestly Joe, you'd probably be quite shocked at how little I care who you give credit to. You and some of the other posters here have proven to me beyond a doubt that you are pushing a personal agenda, and no doubt possess so little knowledge about the game of football that most here probably feel the same way. All I have to say is that JTO is the Man...wait maybe it is the Shaun Hill Starship...I don't think we have a great QB on the roster, but they do not grow on trees. You guys trying to blame one person for the piss poor play of the TEAM this past game are shortsighted and makes you guys look stupid. Just trying to keep you from once again making a fool of yourself, but hey...whatever lets you sleep at night.
Share 49ersWebzone