There are 170 users in the forums

Blame Alex thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
For all of you rushing to defend Smith, and blame the line. You correctly point out that he was sacked and harassed in the first half.

In the second half he looked pretty good, why is that?

Could it be that green bay blitzed and stunted less? No Dom Capers has no mercy!

Why Alex is a mediocre NFL QB is simple, he has bad foot work in his drop back.

Alex looked better dropping back today than he has ever before, generally Alex nearly trips over his feet 2-3 times a game simply pulling out from under center, just watch the film you will see it.

Today no one single stumble. bravo Alex!

Alex looks down at his feet just for a second as he drops back, taking his eyes of the field.

When Alex looks down he loses sight of two things, his receivers and more importantly were the pressure is coming from.

A good QB makes the defense pay for blitzing, nobody Blitzes Farve or Payton with out getting beat by the hot read often enough to slow them down.

Alex is better at picking up the blitz and getting the ball out from the shotgun than he dropping back.

Here is the part were I explain why this is BAD for the Niners.

Gore is an I-formation north south back, he can be good out of the gun, but he is great out of the I.

Our O-line is to big and slow to block laterally and our guards are too slow to pull.

The problem is our curtains don't mack our carpet!

I like Alex out of the gun if we are going to keep him we need to make changes at O-line and running back.

I think our tackles are fine, we need to come up with some smaller fast guards to pull and zone laterally, and we need to add a shifty speed back (Kory Sheets?)

We have the wide outs for a lot of spread, we have the QB, we need to make some changes.

I would of course keep Gore, but he would have to have a smaller role in the offense, I would like to see how well Coffee runs the sweep. (Fly, Jet or Toss)

Here while I am at it are my list of players to cut in the offseason, in no order:
Offense
S Hill
M Robinson
M Noris
C Rachel
D Bass
D Walker
D Zeigler

Defense
Balmer
Roman
Bly
Haralson

I would look to trade any of these guys but I feel we can do better by raiding every practice squad in the league.

I would cut Bly monday as an example to light a fire under the rest of the team, Ziegler too.

I would Fire Forester Monday as well to let the coaching staff know that this kind of play.

Back in the day a Bill Walsh would cut somebody just get the teams attention, no school like the old school I say

I would cut Alex Smith. Then all our problems would be solved.

Yeah dood totally agree. I think another QB in there would make the o-line block better, the playcalling better, and make the defense better.

Absolutely agree with you dood.

Not sue either of you "doods" read my post, LOL

no way we cut Rachel
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
For all of you rushing to defend Smith, and blame the line. You correctly point out that he was sacked and harassed in the first half.

In the second half he looked pretty good, why is that?

Could it be that green bay blitzed and stunted less? No Dom Capers has no mercy!

Why Alex is a mediocre NFL QB is simple, he has bad foot work in his drop back.

Alex looked better dropping back today than he has ever before, generally Alex nearly trips over his feet 2-3 times a game simply pulling out from under center, just watch the film you will see it.

Today no one single stumble. bravo Alex!

Alex looks down at his feet just for a second as he drops back, taking his eyes of the field.

When Alex looks down he loses sight of two things, his receivers and more importantly were the pressure is coming from.

A good QB makes the defense pay for blitzing, nobody Blitzes Farve or Payton with out getting beat by the hot read often enough to slow them down.

Alex is better at picking up the blitz and getting the ball out from the shotgun than he dropping back.

Here is the part were I explain why this is BAD for the Niners.

Gore is an I-formation north south back, he can be good out of the gun, but he is great out of the I.

Our O-line is to big and slow to block laterally and our guards are too slow to pull.

The problem is our curtains don't mack our carpet!

I like Alex out of the gun if we are going to keep him we need to make changes at O-line and running back.

I think our tackles are fine, we need to come up with some smaller fast guards to pull and zone laterally, and we need to add a shifty speed back (Kory Sheets?)

We have the wide outs for a lot of spread, we have the QB, we need to make some changes.

I would of course keep Gore, but he would have to have a smaller role in the offense, I would like to see how well Coffee runs the sweep. (Fly, Jet or Toss)

Here while I am at it are my list of players to cut in the offseason, in no order:
Offense
S Hill
M Robinson
M Noris
C Rachel
D Bass
D Walker
D Zeigler

Defense
Balmer
Roman
Bly
Haralson

I would look to trade any of these guys but I feel we can do better by raiding every practice squad in the league.

I would cut Bly monday as an example to light a fire under the rest of the team, Ziegler too.

I would Fire Forester Monday as well to let the coaching staff know that this kind of play.

Back in the day a Bill Walsh would cut somebody just get the teams attention, no school like the old school I say

I would cut Alex Smith. Then all our problems would be solved.

Yeah dood totally agree. I think another QB in there would make the o-line block better, the playcalling better, and make the defense better.

Absolutely agree with you dood.

Not sue either of you "doods" read my post, LOL

no way we cut Rachel

Thanks for reading! I know we won't cut any of those guys thats why we suck, we are afraid to admit we choose poorly and move on, we are a team comprised of mistakes and players with upside, and a GM to gutless to risk seeing them blossom on another roster.

Who care if Rachel goes to the hall of fame someday for another team, I will take that chance if it means winning a title today!
Hard to blame a guy who had 227 yards and 3 TDs isn't it?
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
This is exactly what I was afraid of. We got our asses handed to us in the first half. That was the "real" 49ers squad. Inept on the offensive front with a defense trying its best to hang in the game. Alex Smith played atrocious. It was a tell tale of how this season has gone for us, and in the case of Alex Smith.......confirmed our suspicions that he's the same ole bust that he's always been.

But then GB got soft. They let off the aggression. The Niners became desperate (as we do in games where we're blown out by halftime) and started airing it out. All of a sudden, Alex looks like a hero. Attention is diverted away to OFF-FIELD issues (eg playcalling, coaching) instead of the garbage that is being displayed on the field.

Now..............even though we lost this game in the first half.........everyone is touting a MORAL VICTORY. No longer is Alex the bust that he's been since he became starter this season, but rather the unsung hero who brought his team back from extinction. Yeah, Ive seen this movie before.......try San Diego and Philadelphia 2006........where we were blown out by halftime + a piss poor performance by Smith, only to have him pad his stats against loose defenses in the 2nd half. End result = blind supporters flashing the "I love Alex Smith" badge and asking for his jersey to be retired next to Montana's.

And now we come full circle. Again, Alex comes up short in the first half. Niners get put out of the game. GB backs off in the 2nd....Alex gets a chance to open it up a bit (we'll forget the INT that led to GB's TD of course), and now we're shouting for a contract extension. Go Alex ! We know you're capable of "almost" winning it, and we'll ignore that you're one of the main reasons behind the loss to begin with.

Im sick of this s**t. There is no such thing as "moral" victories when you've been rebuilding for 7 years. There's no such thing as "moral" victories when your 1st round daft pick QB gets outshined by one who has a worse oline and supporting cast. And there's no "moral" victory with fans that find every damn excuse in the book to forgive their lame QB, who is ridiculed (watch highlights on NFL Network) by every major media outlet, but think they have a diamond in the rough that needs only a probowl RB, 2 probowl WRs, and 3/5 probowl OLinemen to showcase his REAL skills.

I really do wish that we would have lost, so we could finally start accepting the truth, instead of pretending that Alex will be a star if we use the spread offense. Yeah, like teams wont prepare for that. And then what, when we cant even get a completion with the spread ? Are we finally going to accept Alex as the bust that he is ? Oh no. We'll probably blame Raye or the oline as we always do.

PS - That INT wasnt Alex's fault. It was tipped by the leaf that was blowing in the wind.

Yawn.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
If the 49ers will be lose game then i will blame the Defense got nope sacks with QB Or Mark Roman is still suck but he is improving too well.. wait and see on sunday.. let's kick asss the GB! Way to go 49ers!

i'm more about worry the offence rather then defence.. dont cha think?

hmm.. ok if the offensive are have far the 230 to 300 yards and suppose to be lose if the defense didn't make it then i'm more about worry the DLine got nope sacks with QB.. or Roman is still suck anyway.. Roman is still improve that finally last thursday game vs bears..

hey bayarealuv.. now you see that alex had 227 yards and 3 tds.. did you blame him? Or The defense didn't stop the GB because Roger had 300 to 350 yards somethings.. you see? the defense didn't sacks with him a QB Or Safety did missed to tackles that sux!
Originally posted by bzborow1:

Not really, he needed to show up in the first half and move the chains. All of his 3 and outs left the d on the field so GB could score all those points. He still has not put together a complete game and the team isn't good enough to play catch up.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

Not really, he needed to show up in the first half and move the chains. All of his 3 and outs left the d on the field so GB could score all those points. He still has not put together a complete game and the team isn't good enough to play catch up.

I agree the defense didn't allow a point a point in the second half if you really look at it. That touchdown we gave up was on the Smith terrible pass to god only knows who he was throwing it too cause no one was open. Resulted in the touchdown which equals game. Take that Int off and we have a whole different ball game. It seems like Alexandra does not know how to handle pressure to me at least.
its not his fault he has small hands
Originally posted by znk916:
its not his fault he has small hands

• Aroh
  • Info N/A
People who say he hasn't put a complete game together need to go and watch that Colts game again. He played outstanding the entire game. Ya he had one int but you can't expect him to be perfect. There was one point in that game too that we were driving, past the 50 and then Crabtree fumbled and that was really the turning point in the game. I truly believe that if Crab didn't fumble then we would've won that game.

Anyways I'm just trying to say that everyone needs to relax on Alex. Sure he didn't play a 'complete' game today. But let me ask you this.

Who on the 49ers did?

Originally posted by Aroh:
People who say he hasn't put a complete game together need to go and watch that Colts game again. He played outstanding the entire game. Ya he had one int but you can't expect him to be perfect. There was one point in that game too that we were driving, past the 50 and then Crabtree fumbled and that was really the turning point in the game. I truly believe that if Crab didn't fumble then we would've won that game.

Anyways I'm just trying to say that everyone needs to relax on Alex. Sure he didn't play a 'complete' game today. But let me ask you this.

Who on the 49ers did?

I understand your reasoning but bro this is a QB driven league and your QB does not perform he's going to get criticized. It's unfortunate but it's the truth Alexandra is not good QB. Your talking about one performance which resulted in a loss all that matters is wins in this league and as a QB it's your responsibility to guide your team and he does not possess the leadership skills nor skills to be a consistent QB that has been his problem through his career. Until we get a good QB that is consistent with his play and is a leader of this team he will always be criticized its part of being a QB that is why they get paid the most.
OMG dude, you...

...never give up. Your obsession with Smith being a "bust" is ruining your overall perspective.

I wouldn't put it past you to have an Alex Smith poster with a target traced in black sharpie over his chest and the words "I'ma git ya SUCKA!!!" painted in Red rattle can on your garage wall.

Seriously dude when did Green Bay get "soft"?

What, did McCarthy do anything different in the 2nd half?

You know he didn't. You KNOW that Capers didn't. So why even let that enter your whiny opinion online or in public for that matter.

Hell even Billick pointed out that the Packers were bringing it on every play. So you end up lookin like a butt hurt loser whining about the play of ONE player when this was a TEAM loss.

Let it go man, just let it go.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

I agree the defense didn't allow a point a point in the second half if you really look at it. That touchdown we gave up was on the Smith terrible pass to god only knows who he was throwing it too cause no one was open. Resulted in the touchdown which equals game. Take that Int off and we have a whole different ball game. It seems like Alexandra does not know how to handle pressure to me at least.

He was throwing it to the player BEHIND Davis. But Davis saw it and ducked and when he did that he caused confusion.

But why does that even matter to you? So you can puff up and thump your chest and state that you knew all along that Smith was a bust? Gimme a break. He played pretty damn good to START the game. Right?

It was only when Norris got submarined on that 3rd and inch play when the REST of the team just gave up. That's not on Alex. Ultimately that's on Sing and Raye for going away from what was working to be conservative.

But I forgot that's ALL on Alex because he was picked 1st overall and he's the one on the field an ...

You guys make me ashamed to be a 9er fan sometimes. Anything short of the Postseason for a 9er QB is grounds for a firing squad with you guys.

I suggest the next time you feel the need to unreasonably criticize anyone on the team that you first go to the Yellow Book open it up to Physicians and look for the nearest Rectal Craniologist and schedule an out patient procedure... well unless the Doctor thinks that it will take some time and the anesthesia requires supervision afterward.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

He was throwing it to the player BEHIND Davis. But Davis saw it and ducked and when he did that he caused confusion.

But why does that even matter to you? So you can puff up and thump your chest and state that you knew all along that Smith was a bust? Gimme a break. He played pretty damn good to START the game. Right?

It was only when Norris got submarined on that 3rd and inch play when the REST of the team just gave up. That's not on Alex. Ultimately that's on Sing and Raye for going away from what was working to be conservative.

But I forgot that's ALL on Alex because he was picked 1st overall and he's the one on the field an ...

You guys make me ashamed to be a 9er fan sometimes. Anything short of the Postseason for a 9er QB is grounds for a firing squad with you guys.

I suggest the next time you feel the need to unreasonably criticize anyone on the team that you first go to the Yellow Book open it up to Physicians and look for the nearest Rectal Craniologist and schedule an out patient procedure... well unless the Doctor thinks that it will take some time and the anesthesia requires supervision afterward.

~Ceadder

The player behind Davis was D-Love and that pass was terrible was not a smart decision out of the end zone.

Dude please it's just an opinion relax why you take it so offensively for? You can verbally attack me all you want I don't care! But that doesn't take the fact and my opinion that Alexandra Sucks. He is not the future of our team and never will be just respect that just as I respect what your telling me to do. I just think you forgot that the QB is the most important player on the field and he Alexandra is not cutting it. Give all the excuses you want we still ain't winning and until we do I will change my opinion of Alex but he has yet to prove me wrong.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
This is exactly what I was afraid of. We got our asses handed to us in the first half. That was the "real" 49ers squad. Inept on the offensive front with a defense trying its best to hang in the game. Alex Smith played atrocious. It was a tell tale of how this season has gone for us, and in the case of Alex Smith.......confirmed our suspicions that he's the same ole bust that he's always been.

But then GB got soft. They let off the aggression. The Niners became desperate (as we do in games where we're blown out by halftime) and started airing it out. All of a sudden, Alex looks like a hero. Attention is diverted away to OFF-FIELD issues (eg playcalling, coaching) instead of the garbage that is being displayed on the field.

Now..............even though we lost this game in the first half.........everyone is touting a MORAL VICTORY. No longer is Alex the bust that he's been since he became starter this season, but rather the unsung hero who brought his team back from extinction. Yeah, Ive seen this movie before.......try San Diego and Philadelphia 2006........where we were blown out by halftime + a piss poor performance by Smith, only to have him pad his stats against loose defenses in the 2nd half. End result = blind supporters flashing the "I love Alex Smith" badge and asking for his jersey to be retired next to Montana's.

And now we come full circle. Again, Alex comes up short in the first half. Niners get put out of the game. GB backs off in the 2nd....Alex gets a chance to open it up a bit (we'll forget the INT that led to GB's TD of course), and now we're shouting for a contract extension. Go Alex ! We know you're capable of "almost" winning it, and we'll ignore that you're one of the main reasons behind the loss to begin with.

Im sick of this s**t. There is no such thing as "moral" victories when you've been rebuilding for 7 years. There's no such thing as "moral" victories when your 1st round daft pick QB gets outshined by one who has a worse oline and supporting cast. And there's no "moral" victory with fans that find every damn excuse in the book to forgive their lame QB, who is ridiculed (watch highlights on NFL Network) by every major media outlet, but think they have a diamond in the rough that needs only a probowl RB, 2 probowl WRs, and 3/5 probowl OLinemen to showcase his REAL skills.

I really do wish that we would have lost, so we could finally start accepting the truth, instead of pretending that Alex will be a star if we use the spread offense. Yeah, like teams wont prepare for that. And then what, when we cant even get a completion with the spread ? Are we finally going to accept Alex as the bust that he is ? Oh no. We'll probably blame Raye or the oline as we always do.

PS - That INT wasnt Alex's fault. It was tipped by the leaf that was blowing in the wind.

I agree with every word you said. It has been 5 long years. I cannot believe that people are still making excuses. He plays well when the defenses get soft, and the game is over. And when the game is on the line, he throws a pick (like today). We all know that Alex is a nice guy, but it is time for him to leave our team.
Share 49ersWebzone