There are 173 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary:"Probably not. (Adam) Snyder is doing a good job on that side."

I'm not worried, Singletary has already shown he is willing to put the best players out on the field. My guess is he didn't want to throw Snyder under the bus.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by bigwads:
FYI. Snyder is not our worst problem. Our worst ol player is baas hands down.

No, at least Baas can throw a good block or two a game, Snyder just sucks and really the big problem is overrated Eric Heitman in the middle who can't get any push and you never see him on the 2nd level blocking LB's like most good or even decent centers do in the NFL.

No. Baas is not an NFL lineman.

He dominated in college because he was stronger than everyone else...and he is now unable to do that at this level. His technique sucks, he's too slow to pull, rarely makes it to the second level, and he ALWAYS gets pushed back off the block on pass plays.

Just watch Baas for an entire game, and you'll see exactly what I mean. I don't think he'll be a Niner next season of the Niners can find anyone else...including any of my kid sister's friends on Presentation High School (all girl) swim team.

FYI...Heitmann is doing just fine. He's not dominating the way he did in previous seasons...but a lot of that has to do with him helping out one inexperienced guard (Rachal) and one sh*tty one (Baas).
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Legbreaker:

He dominated in college because he was stronger than everyone else...and he is now unable to do that at this level. His technique sucks, he's too slow to pull, rarely makes it to the second level, and he ALWAYS gets pushed back off the block on pass plays.

Just watch Baas for an entire game, and you'll see exactly what I mean. I don't think he'll be a Niner next season of the Niners can find anyone else...including any of my kid sister's friends on Presentation High School (all girl) swim team.

I've got to disagree. I don't think that Baas is any kind of star, but he does ok. Most of the pressure we get on pass plays comes from the right side of the line, and Baas is instrumental in one of our more effective running plays which calls for him to pull to the right side (this is the play that sprung Gore for the TD run against Chicago). I'd rather have him in as a backup than a starter but he's not terrible. If we can pick up a better LG during FA or the draft I'd be all for it.

Quote:

FYI...Heitmann is doing just fine. He's not dominating the way he did in previous seasons...but a lot of that has to do with him helping out one inexperienced guard (Rachal) and one sh*tty one (Baas).

Couldn't agree more. Heitmann ends up shifting left or right quite a bit to help out. I think he does just fine.

Heitmann does a lot of double teaming
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by bigwads:
FYI. Snyder is not our worst problem. Our worst ol player is baas hands down.

No, at least Baas can throw a good block or two a game, Snyder just sucks and really the big problem is overrated Eric Heitman in the middle who can't get any push and you never see him on the 2nd level blocking LB's like most good or even decent centers do in the NFL.

Maddog in 3,2,1.....

Haven't seen him around since Crabtree signed
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Snyder = GUARD.

Not Tackle.

He just plays there because our Tackles never make it through the season.

Wrong. He sucked at guard last year as well. He is just a guy who can play (equal as poorly) at every position.

I would take Kwame Harris any day of the week over this guy.

He's a lot better at Guard than Tackle.
He probably just doesn't want to throw him under the bus. If there's one thing Sing is big on, its replacing guys that are underperforming: Hill over JTO, Smith over Hill, Crabby a starter, Morgan over Bruce, Goldson over Roman, Brown over Clements, etc. If Sims continues to play well and Snyder continues to struggle, I'm sure he'll reconsider once Staley returns.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by backontop:
Hasn't majority of the sacks been on Snyder??? The guy sucks and needs to be replaced asap!

LOL are you asking us or telling us?
I hope in Singletary's heart of hearts he's not serious about Snyder. Right now, he's got no other viable options...he's not about to stick Patrick there unless Adam gets hurt. As for Baas, I'm thinking they'll need to draft at least one top OT and OG. I think there's hope for Rachal...Coach stays on him and he seems to need that. It still puzzles me we haven't seen Wragge at either of the OG positions...he's always been solid in the past. Maybe Foerster doesn't like him or something...he's the strongest guy on the OL, and based on past performance I don't understand why he's not getting on the field.
Originally posted by smileyman:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:

I've got to disagree. I don't think that Baas is any kind of star, but he does ok. Most of the pressure we get on pass plays comes from the right side of the line, and Baas is instrumental in one of our more effective running plays which calls for him to pull to the right side (this is the play that sprung Gore for the TD run against Chicago). I'd rather have him in as a backup than a starter but he's not terrible. If we can pick up a better LG during FA or the draft I'd be all for it.

Quote:

Couldn't agree more. Heitmann ends up shifting left or right quite a bit to help out. I think he does just fine.

Heitmann does a lot of double teaming

He did have a good block on Gore's run...but go back and watch him pass protect.

Particularly against stunts. The Bears made him look REALLY bad more than once. In particular, take a look at Harris' effectiveness on twists and delayed moves.

By the way, take a look at Snyder on the Gore run. He may not be a very good pass protector, but he can run block pretty well.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Were very thin and have really no choice's right now, so the last thing he/we need to do is kill Snyders confidence(at least until someone comes back)..
Snyder has been awful this year, idk what Sing is watching; idk why he's backing up Snyder...very unlike Sing.

If he's doing a good job, who's doing the bad job? Besides him and Rachal, our OL is pretty steady at times.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Nov 18, 2009 at 7:27 AM ]
Staley is still out for a few more weeks, Sing just doesnt want Snyder to be looking over his shoulder. When Staley comes back and Sims continues to play well, changes WILL be made.

People may criticize Sing but he does adapt and try to get his best players on the field. Dont look at what he says, look at what he does. Bruce and Clements being replaced, starting to open up the offense, running out of the shotgun.... he sees what works and what doesn't. At times he lets his old school mentality get the better of him but I think he will let that go in time.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
What about moving Staley to right tackle

Staley has been consistent since his arrival for the most part.......Sims has been on everybody's cut list since his first game. Although Sims has played well on the left, Staley is a much better option on the left.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Snyder = GUARD.

Not Tackle.

He just plays there because our Tackles never make it through the season.

Wrong. He sucked at guard last year as well. He is just a guy who can play (equal as poorly) at every position.

I would take Kwame Harris any day of the week over this guy.

He's a lot better at Guard than Tackle.

Too bad that isn't saying much.

-9fA