LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 385 users in the forums

Singletary:"Probably not. (Adam) Snyder is doing a good job on that side."

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/11/balmer-49ers-return-to-work.html
--Fill-in left tackle Barry Sims is doing an "outstanding" job in place of Staley, Singletary said. I asked if the 49ers would consider keeping Sims at left tackle after Staley's return, and Singletary said they'd consider it but he said he didn't think that would happen unless Staley is just too rusty.

OK, then what about moving Sims to right tackle? Singletary answered, "Probably not. (Adam) Snyder is doing a good job on that side."

I had to read that quote 2x to make sure I didn't read it wrong. Snyder has completely sucked this year!

Pashos took his job at RT then immediately got hurt
Snyder has given up the most sacks on the team-this team has Baas/Rachal and he still has done worse

I really hope Sing has a good reason like trying to boost Snyder's confidence. I'm not saying Sing has to move Sims to RT when Staley gets back but don't give someone credited for a job well done that has been one of the worst players on our entire football team.
[ Edited by matt49er on Nov 17, 2009 at 5:49 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yah and Phillip Garrido is great baby sitter.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
I thought that was really odd as well.

I don't think it would be good to move them now--you want as much continuity as possible for your Oline, but I think it would be a good move to make during the offseason.
Originally posted by smileyman:
I thought that was really odd as well.

I don't think it would be good to move them now--you want as much continuity as possible for your Oline, but I think it would be a good move to make during the offseason.

No Sims is def not the answer long term at LT for us or anywhere on the line for that matter. Next year Staley needs to be at LT and we need to get 2-4 new impact OL. I just think it's crazy he said Snyder was doing a good job.
Were very thin and have really no choice's right now, so the last thing he/we need to do is kill Snyders confidence(at least until someone comes back)..
Hasn't majority of the sacks been on Snyder??? The guy sucks and needs to be replaced asap!
Start Brian Jennings. He can play every position on the field.
god i hope he wasnt serious snyder doing a good job?
I thought the compliment was just political talk.

On the other hand, I can understand why Sims may not be moved to RT. He's expressed that he's just more suited to LT than RT.

Nonetheless, he's been solid so far.

-9fA
What about moving Staley to right tackle

Originally posted by ninerfan818:
What about moving Staley to right tackle

Originally posted by Maiocco:
Fill-in left tackle Barry Sims is doing an "outstanding" job in place of Staley, Singletary said. I asked if the 49ers would consider keeping Sims at left tackle after Staley's return, and Singletary said they'd consider it but he said he didn't think that would happen unless Staley is just too rusty.

OK, then what about moving Sims to right tackle? Singletary answered, "Probably not. (Adam) Snyder is doing a good job on that side."
to be honest, snyder is the only option there right now. Just gonna have to deal with him. Put Vernon over and have him chip block a bit.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I thought the compliment was just political talk.

On the other hand, I can understand why Sims may not be moved to RT. He's expressed that he's just more suited to LT than RT.

Nonetheless, he's been solid so far.

-9fA

I would like to see what Chris Patrick can do. He couldn't do much worse than Snyder rite now.
This was all talk.

Do you really think Singletary is afraid of sitting somebody when they're not performing?
WHat do you want him to say, Snyder sucks (he does). Right now were stuck with Snyder at RT at least for another couple of weeks but I gurantee if you he continues to struggle Sing will put Sims or Staley at RT when Staley is healthy.

That is the one thing I love about Sing, he is not affraid to make lineup changes unlike Nolan.
Share 49ersWebzone