Singletary on KNBR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I just realized this thread was from last year. lol

same here

I just listened to this mornings interview.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Sing said Ginn will compete with Morgan for the starting job.
Singletary on KNBR - 04/28/10 - LISTEN HERE!

When asked if Taylor Mays would be closer to the LOS as a SS, Singletary gave the dumbest answer.

I'm paraphrasing but he said the Safeties will be interchangeable. Then pretty much the same thing was asked using different wording and Singletary said the definition of a Strong Safety is a guy who's bigger and more like an extra LB and the old definition of a FS is a guy who is more free to roam around.

Then asked if Mays is going to be a hitter (not the wording that was used), Singletary said yes.

So, basically, he dodged the initial question of Mays' role by saying they will be interchangeable but then defined the SS as exactly the strengths of Taylor Mays and confirmed that he wants Mays to be a hitter.

Seriously, Singletary, we're not idiots.
You think the question might have been stupid, not the answer? Especially when you compare the answer given to everything said before the draft? C'mon man that's tantamount to asking for the game plan on Sunday. Why openly give your competition your plan.

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
moving forward, we will get better, all I can tell you is just watch

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Apr 28, 2010 at 14:19:01 ]
Originally posted by susweel:

Seriously?
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Seriously?

Morgan is the slot Receiver right? So if he's the slot then having a speedy guy like Ginn compete for that position is NOT a bad thing. Remember now, JT was our number 2 back when Rice played for us and he was faster than Morgan. It's perfectly logical. Nothing wrong with being number 2 and number 3 which is what Morgan should be.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
You think the question might have been stupid, not the answer? Especially when you compare the answer given to everything said before the draft? C'mon man that's tantamount to asking for the game plan on Sunday. Why openly give your competition your plan.

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
moving forward, we will get better, all I can tell you is just watch

~Ceadder

Saying Taylor Mays will play SS is not exactly giving away the game plan. Hey, Mike! Will Anthony Davis play RT? Sing: Well, we want our Tackles to be interchangable.

Hey, Mike! Will Willis be playing Mike or Ted. Well, we really don't want to give that away.

Hey, Mike! Is Crabtree playing the X or the Z? Sing: oh man! I may as well just post the playbook online.

I think I made my point. Just answer the damn question and if you are not sure where he may play depending on how well he covers, then just say so.

Seriously?

Morgan is the slot Receiver right? So if he's the slot then having a speedy guy like Ginn compete for that position is NOT a bad thing. Remember now, JT was our number 2 back when Rice played for us and he was faster than Morgan. It's perfectly logical. Nothing wrong with being number 2 and number 3 which is what Morgan should be.

~Ceadder

I believe Morgan plays on the outside bro, not sure if it is strong side or weak, but he usually is one of the outside guys. He is the #2 receiver.

Seriously?

~Ceadder

No, Morgan is a penciled in 'Z' (the number 2 threat), who also plays spot duty/block-jobs at 'X' when we rotate Crabs off on and off the field, which is why this news appears pretty damn surprising.

-Cause before the draft it was assured into verbatim that Morgan would be the 'concrete' #2, but then again... Baalke also gave a telling comment after day 2 (of the draft) that we're gonna install a lot of speed onto this team into the passing game for our balanced attack.

Originally posted by eddy99_1999:
Did he say anything interesting ? Im tired of listening to the same ol crap

before I read the rest of the thread, I'm gonna go with..... no

going out on a limb he used the word "physical", pardon me "fysical" more than two times.
It amazes me how so many of you have just become Sing haters. It blows my mind. We just a had a pretty awesome draft, are team seems to really be heading in the right direction, the stadium is moving in the right direction.... seriously, I think some of you just can't help but b***h all the time.

-Dom (NINER FAN)
I'll say this.....

Seriously?

~Ceadder

Y'know, I'll retract my sad face. Competition is fine. I don't expect Ginn to win that competition because of his hands, but if he is the best receiver, then so be it.

Seriously?

~Ceadder

Y'know, I'll retract my sad face. Competition is fine. I don't expect Ginn to win that competition because of his hands, but if he is the best receiver, then so be it.

Not only does Morgan have better hands he's a better run blocker. Don't you think we need that with this new o-line leading the way.
Share 49ersWebzone