There are 180 users in the forums

Singletary on KNBR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by eddy99_1999:
Did he say anything interesting ? Im tired of listening to the same ol crap

he does not sound as confident as he was in the beginning of the season. They asked about the niners playoff chances and he totally avoided the question and said all im looking is for our team to get better, sounds like he shying away from his playoff prediction and has come to terms with reality that this team needs more talent.

We do have talent bro, we just have to put it all together.

This!
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
he said at the beginning of the season that the team wasn't even close to being an elite team.

you don't gotta be an elite team to make the playoffs, look at the cardinals lol. all im saying is he just seemed alot more confident starting the season the way he did saying well see vikings again in the playoffs, saying this team will make the playoffs, talking a big game, he just seems more calmer now.

I think Singletary overrated the team and specifically the o-line by a big margin. Before the season, he seemed very confident on the team making the playoffs but i think now that those thoughts have changed.

I think Singletary is now coming to terms with how everything in the NFL over the course of a season does not go as planned.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Nov 17, 2009 at 6:57 PM ]
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
He reminds me of Nolan in his press conferences.

If Sing reminds you of Nolan during press conferences, you either haven't heard any or you're not listening. Nolan talked in gibberish and double-speak in a futile attempt to disguise his incompetence. Sing does not do that.

No coach worth anything is going to be completely honest with the media. Whether they are happy with something or upset, the media probably never gets the clear picture.

What could possibly be gained by telling the media what's really going on? By Sing's own admission, dealing with the press is his least favorite part of the job, and rightly so. The media constantly misconstrues every little thing, and incite rumor and disapproval.

I'm sure Singletary has learned to be very careful when dealing with these bloodsuckers and in his eyes, they are all the same.
The Mike Singletary Show -11/17/09
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
He reminds me of Nolan in his press conferences.

If Sing reminds you of Nolan during press conferences, you either haven't heard any or you're not listening. Nolan talked in gibberish and double-speak in a futile attempt to disguise his incompetence. Sing does not do that.

No coach worth anything is going to be completely honest with the media. Whether they are happy with something or upset, the media probably never gets the clear picture.

What could possibly be gained by telling the media what's really going on? By Sing's own admission, dealing with the press is his least favorite part of the job, and rightly so. The media constantly misconstrues every little thing, and incite rumor and disapproval.

I'm sure Singletary has learned to be very careful when dealing with these bloodsuckers and in his eyes, they are all the same.

Yeah, the evil bloodsucking media is at fault. How dare they ask embarrassing questions? They are worms, nothing, just making up stuff about bad offenses and stuff like that.

Of course they are all the same and you had better be careful because they will write stuff that they like, rather than what the coach and management likes. It is best to just yell at them if they have a disrespectful tone or ask the same question more than one way.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
he said at the beginning of the season that the team wasn't even close to being an elite team.

you don't gotta be an elite team to make the playoffs, look at the cardinals lol. all im saying is he just seemed alot more confident starting the season the way he did saying well see vikings again in the playoffs, saying this team will make the playoffs, talking a big game, he just seems more calmer now.

I think Singletary overrated the team and specifically the o-line by a big margin. Before the season, he seemed very confident on the team making the playoffs but i think now that those thoughts have changed.

I think Singletary is now coming to terms with how everything in the NFL over the course of a season does not go as planned.

-9fA

and the media always tries to pry out positive secrets...they don't suck blood but they try to get dumbasses to donate it every chance they get.
although im sure he will say the same things, he is always interesting to watch, you never know when he will get emotional
Anyone catch the Singletary interview this morning on KNBR? It was about to come on when I was driving to work.
He said he wants Mays to hit like a linebacker and cover like a ballhawk
Thanks for searching to see if there was a prior thread on Singletary on KNBR.

Since you appended to a 11/17/09 thread, I had to go through a page and a half of opinions on what Singletary had to say in Nov of 09.

Better to just start a new thread, so I can get directly to what is fresh.

Well as already mentioned he really doesn't like chatting with the media and much rather spend the time coaching and doing other things. Which is fine by me as long as he wins.

The problem I have with most interviewers in general is while they may ask "tough" questions they ask questions that nobody will ever give you a straight answer too so why waste time asking them.

Of course when you ask a coach how do you think your team will do he's going to give the stock answer "I like our team but we still have work to do". Do they think a coach is going to go "Superbowl, write it down." or "Man we're really going to suck this year."

Instead of wasting time on questions they won't answer why not ask questions they will answer like how a certain player is progress on how you envision using him etc.
I just realized this thread was from last year. lol

[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Apr 28, 2010 at 09:59:57 ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
The first thing I do when I enter a thread like this is look at the date. In this case I saw Nov. and just skipped to the last page. I'd rather prefer a new thread though.
Ahh yea, no prob, I know some ppl dont like thread upon thread of the same things, i will take note for next time. Thanks guys!
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I just realized this thread was from last year. lol

same here
Share 49ersWebzone