There are 180 users in the forums

Colts Barely Survived the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
They are a little bit better than last year. Which means they are still in the lower tier of NFL competition. They didn't win that Colts game you are talking aboout, did they? And how many losses in a row before barely beating a Bears team that turned the ball over five times?

Anyhow, not trying to harp. I just don't buy into the hype from some that Singletary has this team totally turned around. I hope he does, but right now this team is just as inept on offense as they have been the last several years. They are just flat out horrible on offense still.
I don't think anyone is truly satisfied with moral victories and even the most optimistic 49ers feel we have had more than our share for this season. 4-5 is still 4-5, but this is not the same team that was 4-5 at this point in 2006 (the one that was on the verge of giving up well over 500 points in one season).

Clearly we need to finish games and get more consistency on offense. It's nice to have a shot at making the playoffs, not simply because we are mathematically alive, but because we be competitive week in and week out. Now if only we can get that winning thing worked out...
Do you guys watch every game? Have you seen any games featuring better teams? We hardly compare.

I believe we're on the right track... more so than with Nolan leading us. Our defense is pretty good.

But we are far from a good football team. Too many penalties, dropped passes, and general inconsistencies (especially on offense) to be mentioned in the same breath as the Colts.
None the less we were in the game with the Colts, Vikings, Titans. We have not yet jelled on the offense. Defense has done well. We still have to improve on all facets of our team and we still need a couple of players but we are getting there. I would prefer close to blowout like the last few years. But I do want to see a consistent game on all facets of our team and would like to see us play as well as we can, then we can get a clear picture of where we need to go.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
I dont think so..

I think the Colts just planned to do enough to beat us and NOT blow us out. If they chose to blow us out they could IMO.

Yeah they also chose to let Manning never get into any kind of rythym and get sacked 3 times when he barely got sacked all year.

Sure.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I dont think so..

I think the Colts just planned to do enough to beat us and NOT blow us out. If they chose to blow us out they could IMO.

I don't think our team can engage in a shoot out with the Colts like the Pats vs Colts game.

Just like the Rams put up a good fight against the Saints last week.

The niners put up a good fight against the Colts. But we are no where near the top of the leauge, IMO.

That is maybe the most ridiculous statement ever posted on the zone EVER!

dunno man, there have been some pretty ridiculous ones.
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I dont think so..

I don't think our team can engage in a shoot out with the Colts like the Pats vs Colts game.

Just like the Rams put up a good fight against the Saints last week.

The niners put up a good fight against the Colts. But we are no where near the top of the leauge, IMO.

That is maybe the most ridiculous statement ever posted on the zone EVER!

pretty much

agreed
Share 49ersWebzone