There are 160 users in the forums

The Game Of Smith's Career?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think this game is extremely important to the growth of Alex, we've watched Alex go through his ups and downs with this team, and we've seen Rodgers take the number one spot from an aging legend, If we lose, do we regret not drafting a young Rodgers instead of Smith? I dont know, but if Smith plans to eventually be a premier QB in this league, he had better start showing signs. In the words of Coach Singletary "I WANT WINNERS!"
He'll be working against the #5 Pass Defense in the league.

If he goes into Green Bay's house, puts up a nice game, and beats them at Lambeau, something we haven't done in almost 20 years, all against a top 5 pass defense. THAT will show me something.

THAT would be huge.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
By golly, can you imagine!?

The Niners defense will destroy the Packers & Smith will have a breakout game this Sunday
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by sixbricks:
The Niners defense will destroy the Packers & Smith will have a breakout game this Sunday

Yes this

at least I hope so
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Originally posted by prime21:
If we lose, do we regret not drafting a young Rodgers instead of Smith? I dont know, but if Smith plans to eventually be a premier QB in this league, he had better start showing signs.

Insert facepalm here.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
It's more important the 49ERS BEAT THE PACKERS than Alex has his "Coming out Party" on Aaron Rodgers' face.....It would be nice....

All I would need from Alex is continued growth with his play & chemistry with his teammates.
  • jerryricefan80
  • Info N/A
I think there is probably more incentive AND ability for Rodgers to have a huge day against us. I mean, that cost him some money being passed over by the 49ers. Plus, they have a pretty good offense and great pass D.
Originally posted by Nes49:
It's more important the 49ERS BEAT THE PACKERS than Alex has his "Coming out Party" on Aaron Rodgers' face.....It would be nice....

All I would need from Alex is continued growth with his play & chemistry with his teammates.

100% True, but man it would be nice if Smith does play great and Rodgers throws a few picks
Originally posted by jerryricefan80:
I think there is probably more incentive AND ability for Rodgers to have a huge day against us. I mean, that cost him some money being passed over by the 49ers. Plus, they have a pretty good offense and great pass D.

Sadly, I agree. Rodgers is much more likely to come into this game fired up and looking to prove something. And he's also shown that he's more likely to actually come through with that.

Not trying to bash Alex, cause I haven't given up on him. But Rodgers moved past the point where there's a debate a long time ago. And anyone who thinks picking Smith over him was the right move is crazy. Maybe if we'd had people in place who could develop a QB Smith could have been the smart choice. But we didn't.

Anyway, I'm going to sit Rodgers in my FF league and root like hell for the niners and Smith. But I'm not optimistic about Smith outshining Rodgers.

Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by jerryricefan80:

Sadly, I agree. Rodgers is much more likely to come into this game fired up and looking to prove something. And he's also shown that he's more likely to actually come through with that.

Not trying to bash Alex, cause I haven't given up on him. But Rodgers moved past the point where there's a debate a long time ago. And anyone who thinks picking Smith over him was the right move is crazy. Maybe if we'd had people in place who could develop a QB Smith could have been the smart choice. But we didn't.

Anyway, I'm going to sit Rodgers in my FF league and root like hell for the niners and Smith. But I'm not optimistic about Smith outshining Rodgers.

Agreed
Who cares as long as we win this game
  • Twister68
  • Info N/A
Do know which QB is this?

- This 1st round choice is in his mid-20's, has never lead his team to the playoffs
- Has a good young wide receiver, a very good TE and a great RB
- His team is 4-5 this season
I'm afraid Rogers will make us rue the day we passed over the hometown boy for the mormon!
Not that there's anything wrong with being a mormon!!
Share 49ersWebzone