LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Shaun Hill - Final Analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ZRF80:

He killed 9 minutes off the clock against Seattle; and led a wonderful drive against Minnesota for a go ahead TD.

Im not saying he's the future, but he's shown a lot more to me than Smith has. Put it this way...when we were trailing Tennesee late in the 4th quarter, and we needed the ultimate drive to get us back.......do you think Hill wouldve done any worse than Smith did (2 picks in the final moments) ?

why put up such a long video? The very first play shows everything that needs to be known about Hill's skillz...

;-)
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

He killed 9 minutes off the clock against Seattle; and led a wonderful drive against Minnesota for a go ahead TD.

Im not saying he's the future, but he's shown a lot more to me than Smith has. Put it this way...when we were trailing Tennesee late in the 4th quarter, and we needed the ultimate drive to get us back.......do you think Hill wouldve done any worse than Smith did (2 picks in the final moments) ?

Dude just get over it already, Hill is done as a niner.

Seriously, and he asks, "do you think Hill wouldve done any worse than Smith did (2 picks in the final moments) ?"

Let me ask you another question. Do you think we would even be in a position to WIN the game with Hill at QB? We'd be down 20-0 at the half.

When we get a real QB, all of you people backing Hill are going to laugh at yourselves.

One thing is for sure, since last year, Hill has YET to lose a game against a team we are supposed to beat. Hill would have won against TEN.

I would still like Smith in only to see if he develops but Hill would have beaten TEN at home.

Watch this video and tell me you still believe that Hill would have led us to a victory. The only reason that Hill did not throw two pick in this final drive against Zona was because the defenders could not catch. There were two opportunities for picks that they did not capitalize on. Not only that but going into that drive in the 4th quarter we all of 4 yards of Offense. They showed the stat that Hightower had as many receptions to that point as our entire receiving corp. Was it 3 3 and outs. All this against an average Arizona D. On that final drive, all Hill did was throw little short passes the whole way down. The only long pass that he tried as almost picked. Teams figured that out. Tenn would have done what Atlanta did and what Houston did. They took away everything short and basically said beat us deep. Hill could not as a result we could not move the ball. Hill would not have been able to lead this team to a victory over a rejuvenated Tennessee team. Look how they handled Buffalo (not a great team but not a horrible team either). I still have questions about Alex. But I know that Hill is not starter quality and would not have gotten us any more wins. The losses would have still been losses only losses by much more.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Cuphalffull:

Seriously, and he asks, "do you think Hill wouldve done any worse than Smith did (2 picks in the final moments) ?"

Let me ask you another question. Do you think we would even be in a position to WIN the game with Hill at QB? We'd be down 20-0 at the half.

When we get a real QB, all of you people backing Hill are going to laugh at yourselves.

One thing is for sure, since last year, Hill has YET to lose a game against a team we are supposed to beat. Hill would have won against TEN.

I would still like Smith in only to see if he develops but Hill would have beaten TEN at home.

Watch this video and tell me you still believe that Hill would have led us to a victory. The only reason that Hill did not throw two pick in this final drive against Zona was because the defenders could not catch. There were two opportunities for picks that they did not capitalize on. Not only that but going into that drive in the 4th quarter we all of 4 yards of Offense. They showed the stat that Hightower had as many receptions to that point as our entire receiving corp. Was it 3 3 and outs. All this against an average Arizona D. On that final drive, all Hill did was throw little short passes the whole way down. The only long pass that he tried as almost picked. Teams figured that out. Tenn would have done what Atlanta did and what Houston did. They took away everything short and basically said beat us deep. Hill could not as a result we could not move the ball. Hill would not have been able to lead this team to a victory over a rejuvenated Tennessee team. Look how they handled Buffalo (not a great team but not a horrible team either). I still have questions about Alex. But I know that Hill is not starter quality and would not have gotten us any more wins. The losses would have still been losses only losses by much more.

So let me get this straight. Smith's INTs are not his fault, because the passes were tipped by the receiver. Hill's ability to NOT throw INTs are his fault, because they should have been picked off but the defenders either miscued or dropped the ball. So we'll let Alex off the hook because his picks can be blamed on his receivers, but we'll blame Hill because he should have thrown picks, but the defenders sucked.

Great logic there.........."and the wheels on Alex's bus go round and round, round and round, round and round............the wheels on his bus go round and round, all the way around."
[ Edited by ZRF80 on Nov 18, 2009 at 7:47 PM ]

So let me get this straight. Smith's INTs are not his fault, because the passes were tipped by the receiver. Hill's ability to NOT throw INTs are his fault, because they should have been picked off but the defenders either miscued or dropped the ball. So we'll let Alex off the hook because his picks can be blamed on his receivers, but we'll blame Hill because he should have thrown picks, but the defenders sucked.

Great logic there.........."and the wheels on Alex's bus go round and round, round and round, round and round............the wheels on his bus go round and round, all the way around."

"The offensive line was weak, the receivers weren't getting separation, the play-calling was bad." All of these excuses were made repeatedly for Hill, often by the same people who cried about "Alexcuses." And the wheels on the bus go round and round.
Originally posted by BHulman:

"The offensive line was weak, the receivers weren't getting separation, the play-calling was bad." All of these excuses were made repeatedly for Hill, often by the same people who cried about "Alexcuses." And the wheels on the bus go round and round.

And those same people are saying that Smith is a bust and that those same reasons for Hill struggling were just excuses for Smith
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by BHulman:

Except in Hill's case we've been doing it for only a few games, as opposed to Smith for whom we've been doing it for an entire career. Makes a big difference dont you think ?
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
But heeez 7-1 at candlestikcrz dood!!!!

alex can do the same thing playing the teams that hill played
Originally posted by Ninerman49:

Like a one win TEN team at home with Vince Young with Gore averaging more than Chris Johnson? Oh wait.
Originally posted by Ninerman49:

Like a one win TEN team at home with Vince Young with Gore averaging more than Chris Johnson? Oh wait.

or snapping a 7 game losing streak against the struggling Bears...by beating them 10-6 even though Cutler threw 5ints....and we were playing at Home.

yeah I'm sure Alex could have beat all those teams Hill beat at Home.

• Coach
  • Info N/A
Shaun Hill played the game the way he was told to play by coach Sing. Hand the ball off, make the occasional throw when needed, and don't feel bad about punting. Alex came in against Houston and was asked to run a two minute offense for an entire half. Two different QBs, two different skill sets, asked to do completely different things. Impossible to compare.
Originally posted by Coach:
Shaun Hill played the game the way he was told to play by coach Sing. Hand the ball off, make the occasional throw when needed, and don't feel bad about punting. Alex came in against Houston and was asked to run a two minute offense for an entire half. Two different QBs, two different skill sets, asked to do completely different things. Impossible to compare.

WOW COACH.... WHERE THE HELL have you been....or are you a former poster who got banned....

either way GREAT Post!

please continue to add your input in 9ertalk....don't let this place scare you away
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 18, 2009 at 9:31 PM ]
Alex Smith = 3 wins in 3 years is pretty pathetic. I'm just saying...
Originally posted by bigmike55:

But he didn't play for 2 of those years? How can you blame him for that? Even if he wasn't very good had he played that entire time then he would have more than 3 wins. He's only started 10 games in that time span, 4 of those with a badly seperated shoulder that he shouldn't have played with in the first place. But you already have your mind made up so there's no reason for me to try to convince you different, all you're going to come back at me with is "ALEXCUSES DOOD" and then you're going to say "HILL IZ BETTER BUT TEH OLYNE GAVE HIM LESS TIMEZ AND TEH RECIEVRS DROPPED DA BALL YO AND THE DEFENSE STOPPED PLAYING WELL AND COULDN'T GET HILL ON THE FIELD SUM MOAR".

Am I right or am I right?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by bigmike55:

But he didn't play for 2 of those years? How can you blame him for that? Even if he wasn't very good had he played that entire time then he would have more than 3 wins. He's only started 10 games in that time span, 4 of those with a badly seperated shoulder that he shouldn't have played with in the first place. But you already have your mind made up so there's no reason for me to try to convince you different, all you're going to come back at me with is "ALEXCUSES DOOD" and then you're going to say "HILL IZ BETTER BUT TEH OLYNE GAVE HIM LESS TIMEZ AND TEH RECIEVRS DROPPED DA BALL YO AND THE DEFENSE STOPPED PLAYING WELL AND COULDN'T GET HILL ON THE FIELD SUM MOAR".

Am I right or am I right?

I'd say you're wrong; but, that's just my opinion...

Hill would have to start and lose 20 more games to match Smith's win/loss %. Face it both these guys suck; but, at least Hill got us wins.

Also, if you're going to try and make fun of folks for spelling errors, you may want to run spell check on your own post. (seperated LOL)
Share 49ersWebzone