There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shaun Hill - Final Analysis

• ZRF80
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
He killed 9 minutes off the clock against Seattle; and led a wonderful drive against Minnesota for a go ahead TD.

Im not saying he's the future, but he's shown a lot more to me than Smith has. Put it this way...when we were trailing Tennesee late in the 4th quarter, and we needed the ultimate drive to get us back.......do you think Hill wouldve done any worse than Smith did (2 picks in the final moments) ?

Dude just get over it already, Hill is done as a niner.

Seriously, and he asks, "do you think Hill wouldve done any worse than Smith did (2 picks in the final moments) ?"

Let me ask you another question. Do you think we would even be in a position to WIN the game with Hill at QB? We'd be down 20-0 at the half.

When we get a real QB, all of you people backing Hill are going to laugh at yourselves.

I thought we had one with Smith..............
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Shaun Hill's 8 wins as starter of the 49ers since last year:

3 of them against the RAMs, 2 of those at home - the RAMS finished 2-14 2008 and are 1-8 this year, In one of those victories we beat the rams by only 1 point and one of those Kyle Boller was the QB.

1 against Seattle at home this season. Seneca Wallace QB - (Hassleback got hurt) - Seattle finished 4-12 last year, and are 3-6 this year.

1 against the Redskins at home in 2008 who finished the season 8-8 and did not make playoffs.

1 home game against the jets in 2008 - Jets did not make the playoffs in 2008

1 against Buffalo on the road in 2008, Bills finished 7-9, did not make playoffs - they are 3-6 this year.. Hill passed 14-23, 161 yards and the offense scored only 10 points. - This was a defensive win.

1 road game against Arizona this year - first game of the season, Arizona was obviously flat and beat themselves - made a lot of mistakes. Cardinals finished 9-7 last year and went to the Superbowl.

As a matter of fact all of Shaun Hill's 6 losses from last year and this year have been against teams who finished 8-8 or above last year and/or who are above .500 this year

Of the six losses (yes including Houston ), 5 were on the road.

Yeah both our QB's suck balls...

You pointed out Hill's, now for Smith's.

3 wins in the past 3 years. One each against 2007 Az, 2007 Sea, and 2009 Chi.

Even worse is a grand total of 12 wins in 43 starts. That's a piss poor 28% of games started that we won. By way of comparison, Hill would have to start 20 more games and lose them all to match this 28% (and you've already established just how good Hill is)...

Santa, Please bring us a QB for Christmas...
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D_Niner:

3 of them against the RAMs, 2 of those at home - the RAMS finished 2-14 2008 and are 1-8 this year, In one of those victories we beat the rams by only 1 point and one of those Kyle Boller was the QB.

1 against Seattle at home this season. Seneca Wallace QB - (Hassleback got hurt) - Seattle finished 4-12 last year, and are 3-6 this year.

1 against the Redskins at home in 2008 who finished the season 8-8 and did not make playoffs.

1 against Buffalo on the road in 2008, Bills finished 7-9, did not make playoffs - they are 3-6 this year.. Hill passed 14-23, 161 yards and the offense scored only 10 points. - This was a defensive win.

1 road game against Arizona this year - first game of the season, Arizona was obviously flat and beat themselves - made a lot of mistakes. Cardinals finished 9-7 last year and went to the Superbowl.

As a matter of fact all of Shaun Hill's 6 losses from last year and this year have been against teams who finished 8-8 or above last year and/or who are above .500 this year

Even worse is a grand total of 12 wins in 43 starts. That's a piss poor 28% of games started that we won. By way of comparison, Hill would have to start 20 more games and lose them all to match this 28% (and you've already established just how good Hill is)...

Just be happy we don't have Brady Quinn.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
he sucks

good backup that i would like to stay on the 9ers but yeah not a starting qb.

Or Derek Anderson. Some people on this board have favored both of them in the past.
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:

Or Derek Anderson. Some people on this board have favored both of them in the past.

Truth....I think some of our fans think franchise QB's grow on trees.....I'm not to excited about this QB draft class(I think Nate is just as good as anyone selected in the first) or the free agents to be.

But Brady Quinn looks awful....and he's had an opportunity to sit and learn.....but I never liked the kid coming out of college....Looks like tarzan and plays like jane....
Originally posted by dwy621:
Its time to move on! He is no longer the starter.

amen
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
He killed 9 minutes off the clock against Seattle; and led a wonderful drive against Minnesota for a go ahead TD.

Im not saying he's the future, but he's shown a lot more to me than Smith has. Put it this way...when we were trailing Tennesee late in the 4th quarter, and we needed the ultimate drive to get us back.......do you think Hill wouldve done any worse than Smith did (2 picks in the final moments) ?

Dude just get over it already, Hill is done as a niner.

Seriously, and he asks, "do you think Hill wouldve done any worse than Smith did (2 picks in the final moments) ?"

Let me ask you another question. Do you think we would even be in a position to WIN the game with Hill at QB? We'd be down 20-0 at the half.

When we get a real QB, all of you people backing Hill are going to laugh at yourselves.

One thing is for sure, since last year, Hill has YET to lose a game against a team we are supposed to beat. Hill would have won against TEN.

I would still like Smith in only to see if he develops but Hill would have beaten TEN at home.

Give it up already,he is not the QB of this team nor will be .
Why the hate?

I'm glad that Hill won games for us.

I am hopeful that Smith will win many more.

Above all, I want a settled starter and CONSISTENT SUCCESS.
Hill is a good backup but nothing more. Great guy, good person but just not a good NFL starter
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Why the hate?

Why is this so hard?
Why the hate?

well....extreme Alex fans have always been defensive regarding anything that might question Alex.....all that was put up on this thread was a video of great drive by Shaun....one of many...

these fans....have slammed or turned their back on former players and coaches

Steve Young
Joe Montana
Jerry Rice
and Bill Walsh.

so it is not surprising that they would hate on o'l country boy Shaun Hill.....even though he has done nothing but been a great teammate.
Originally posted by horsecore:
Why the hate?

Why is this so hard?

Teh majik of teh interwebz!
Originally posted by horsecore:
Why the hate?

Why is this so hard?

Teh majik of teh interwebz!

Yeah, magic is one word for it.