There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shaun Hill - Final Analysis

Shaun Hill's 8 wins as starter of the 49ers since last year:

3 of them against the RAMs, 2 of those at home - the RAMS finished 2-14 2008 and are 1-8 this year, In one of those victories we beat the rams by only 1 point and one of those Kyle Boller was the QB.

1 against Seattle at home this season. Seneca Wallace QB - (Hassleback got hurt) - Seattle finished 4-12 last year, and are 3-6 this year.

1 against the Redskins at home in 2008 who finished the season 8-8 and did not make playoffs.

1 home game against the jets in 2008 - Jets did not make the playoffs in 2008

1 against Buffalo on the road in 2008, Bills finished 7-9, did not make playoffs - they are 3-6 this year.. Hill passed 14-23, 161 yards and the offense scored only 10 points. - This was a defensive win.

1 road game against Arizona this year - first game of the season, Arizona was obviously flat and beat themselves - made a lot of mistakes. Cardinals finished 9-7 last year and went to the Superbowl.

As a matter of fact all of Shaun Hill's 6 losses from last year and this year have been against teams who finished 8-8 or above last year and/or who are above .500 this year

Of the six losses (yes including Houston ), 5 were on the road.
final analysis......Hill Still Sucks
[ Edited by WestCoast on Nov 22, 2009 at 2:05 AM ]
Its time to move on! He is no longer the starter.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
he sucks

Yeah his arm kills our offense and compresses the field.
But heeez 7-1 at candlestikcrz dood!!!!
So now we are trying to find excuses of why he won...... Hillexcuses....gotcha.
  • TDking876
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:

3 of them against the RAMs, 2 of those at home - the RAMS finished 2-14 2008 and are 1-8 this year, In one of those victories we beat the rams by only 1 point and one of those Kyle Boller was the QB.

1 against Seattle at home this season. Seneca Wallace QB - (Hassleback got hurt) - Seattle finished 4-12 last year, and are 3-6 this year.

1 against the Redskins at home in 2008 who finished the season 8-8 and did not make playoffs.

1 against Buffalo on the road in 2008, Bills finished 7-9, did not make playoffs - they are 3-6 this year.. Hill passed 14-23, 161 yards and the offense scored only 10 points. - This was a defensive win.

1 road game against Arizona this year - first game of the season, Arizona was obviously flat and beat themselves - made a lot of mistakes. Cardinals finished 9-7 last year and went to the Superbowl.

As a matter of fact all of Shaun Hill's 6 losses from last year and this year have been against teams who finished 8-8 or above last year and/or who are above .500 this year

• TDking876
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:

NO MORE HILL THREADS HE IS IRRELEVANT!!!!!!
Originally posted by dwy621:
Its time to move on! He is no longer the starter.
  • ZRF80

He killed 9 minutes off the clock against Seattle; and led a wonderful drive against Minnesota for a go ahead TD.

Im not saying he's the future, but he's shown a lot more to me than Smith has. Put it this way...when we were trailing Tennesee late in the 4th quarter, and we needed the ultimate drive to get us back.......do you think Hill wouldve done any worse than Smith did (2 picks in the final moments) ?
Originally posted by ZRF80:
He killed 9 minutes off the clock against Seattle; and led a wonderful drive against Minnesota for a go ahead TD.

Im not saying he's the future, but he's shown a lot more to me than Smith has. Put it this way...when we were trailing Tennesee late in the 4th quarter, and we needed the ultimate drive to get us back.......do you think Hill wouldve done any worse than Smith did (2 picks in the final moments) ?

Yeah I have plenty of reason to think he would've done worse. Our offense fell apart the last few games with him, and Smith comes back and immediately starts moving the chains again. I'm sorry but that's not a coincidence. Hill is horrible. We wouldn't have BEEN in the game vs TN. It would've been 3 and out 3 and out 3 and out. He lost 3 of his last 4. Please don't be a Hill appologist, Smith may not be the answer but we KNOW Mr. Noodle Arm isn't.
  • B650
  • Veteran

One game.

I can find you one game in which Alex Smith did the same thing.

Get over it already. Shaun Hill isn't the answer. Even if he IS better than Smith, we need to find out if Smith can improve and become the QB of the future so that we know if we need to draft a QB, go with Nate Davis, etc.

The 49ers have already said that Shaun Hill will not be a starter again for them, unless Smith gets hurt.

Now, it's time for everyone else to let it go.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by B650:

One game.

I can find you one game in which Alex Smith did the same thing.

Get over it already. Shaun Hill isn't the answer. Even if he IS better than Smith, we need to find out if Smith can improve and become the QB of the future so that we know if we need to draft a QB, go with Nate Davis, etc.

The 49ers have already said that Shaun Hill will not be a starter again for them, unless Smith gets hurt.

Now, it's time for everyone else to let it go.

I agree 100%. As Ive said before, I dont want Hill to start again. The worst thing that could happen is Hill coming back, having success........then we'll have the masses this offseason making excuses that Raye opened up the playbook a little more for Hill than for Smith (like they did in 2007 with Histler and Hill), or that Smith didnt get enough reps with Raye. I want Smith to play from here on out, and from what Ive seen thus far, there isnt much change from what we're used to.

Dude just get over it already, Hill is done as a niner.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Dude just get over it already, Hill is done as a niner.

Seriously, and he asks, "do you think Hill wouldve done any worse than Smith did (2 picks in the final moments) ?"

Let me ask you another question. Do you think we would even be in a position to WIN the game with Hill at QB? We'd be down 20-0 at the half.

When we get a real QB, all of you people backing Hill are going to laugh at yourselves.
[ Edited by B650 on Nov 16, 2009 at 7:33 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home