LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

Rate Alex Smith on his QB play

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Rate Alex Smith on his QB play

Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Shout out to all the Smith fans! Embarrassing!

It's a QB's world in today's NFL

He's lower than Russell!!

never heard of the guy therefore I wouldn't really consider him a credible source. The jury is still out on Smith.

It's in alphabetical order btw

so can we label the poster of the link a bust?

never heard of the guy therefore I wouldn't really consider him a credible source. The jury is still out on Smith.

No it's not. They put Vince Young in front of Russell, and Smith. Last time i checked, "Y" is after R and S.
Originally posted by bigmike55:

No it's not. They put Vince Young in front of Russell, and Smith. Last time i checked, "Y" is after R and S.

Screw the QB rating, why is nobody talking about her

Screw the QB rating, why is nobody talking about her

Looks like jailbait to me.

That's pretty bad if Smith is at the bottom, of the bottom. Pretty much he's saying Smith is the worst starting QB in the league right now.

Then he doesn't know jack s**t. I'd take Smith over that douche Cutler.
Alex will never play at a Pro Bowl level. Hopefully Nate Davis becomes DA MAN!
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Afrikan:
32% with a B rating....

so you have some QBs that you would expect have "A" grades, like Tom Brady, Payton Manning, Drew Brees.....maybe (this year's) Bret Farve

other "B" grades are apparently for Warner, Carlson Palmer, Eli Manning, Big Ben, McNabb, Matt Shaub, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco Phillip Rivers etc.....and of course Alex Smith.

"C" grades for Gerrard, Matt Cassel, (so far Vince Young) and some others..

seems about right....

Yep, and they say that Im reaching when I criticize Smith. What a laugher. Brady and Manning equal As, and Smith is just one tier below them with a B.

C+ a little above average i seriously think if he had 1 or 2 more seconds in the pocket he would be an above avg QB
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
C+ a little above average i seriously think if he had 1 or 2 more seconds in the pocket he would be an above avg QB

2 more seconds excluding passes that are to high.
Wow either Alex Smith voted for himself as being rated as A, or his wife did.

A
or even B =

C

D

Past two games he looked liked his old self again, also stared down his receivers, looked timid in the backfield, even when there wasn't any pressure. So far, he started strong but is quickly running out of gas. We need to get some new QB's in here ASAP.

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AiNoKea:

A
or even B =

C

D

Past two games he looked liked his old self again, also stared down his receivers, looked timid in the backfield, even when there wasn't any pressure. So far, he started strong but is quickly running out of gas. We need to get some new QB's in here ASAP.

at anyone who thinks changing QBs is going to do much with the way the OL has been playing.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by AiNoKea:

A
or even B =

C

D

at anyone who thinks changing QBs is going to do much with the way the OL has been playing.
The more n more I think about it, alex smith is gonna turn out to be a bust, he's not very good. I wish there was a drew brees in fa we could get. I think tebow, mccoy, and bradford are sucky.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

He already is an above average QB.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
The more n more I think about it, alex smith is gonna turn out to be a bust, he's not very good. I wish there was a drew brees in fa we could get. I think tebow, mccoy, and bradford are sucky.

The problem with Alex has always been the crappy situation he was placed in from the start.

We SUCKED and had no players in 06. Why the 9ers started a rookie QB on that team is still beyond my understanding. We did well in his second year and then got hurt.

All the while the 9ers are changing OCs all the time. He's on his fifth one I believe.

Third year he got hurt so he's missed the last two years. In that time could he sit and learn a new offense? No. We keep on changing OCs. Now he's playing for the first time since year two.

Is he a bust? No. Anyone saying that doesn't know the history of Alex and the 9ers or football in general. We have the rest of the season to see how he plays.
Share 49ersWebzone