There are 181 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What team(s) do you compare today's Niners to?

What team(s) do you compare today's Niners to?

We're like the Saints of the 90's.

Great defense. Horrible quarterbacking.

It was always tough to play them because even with our powerhouse team we couldn't run through them like we could with the rest of the NFC West. We played a lot of close games with them.

There were some GREAT defensive players on that team.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
2007 San Francisco 49ers - with Jeff Hostler

Cruel and unusual punishment!

Come on man, they are a little better than that, especially the D!!
Originally posted by BrianGO:
We're like the Saints of the 90's.

Great defense. Horrible quarterbacking.

It was always tough to play them because even with our powerhouse team we couldn't run through them like we could with the rest of the NFC West. We played a lot of close games with them.

There were some GREAT defensive players on that team.

For sure bro. remember the linebacking corps, wow, just awesome. You are right, they always kept a game tight

You got a hella point there..
  • mando1988
  • Info N/A
I know the thread is about but comparing to other niner teams but they remind me alot of the Miami dolphins of this season.

They both got a good running back,young/questionable qb and they always seem to put up a fight with the good teams but always come up short or fnd a way to lose the game!
Originally posted by BigRon:
This team is more like the 76 team of Joe Thomas, Monte Clark and those other jokers.

Was thinking the same thing we had a great defense especially the front 4 led by Cedric Hardman (nicknamed the Gold Rush) which had 60+ sacks a HOF CB in Johnson but offense killed us.

If memory serves me correctly Monte Clark coached under the old owners, Eddie bought the team in the off season, hired Thomas and promptly fired Clark and then dismantled our team, gave away 3-5 picks for a used up O.J. etc.