There are 174 users in the forums

Protect a 4 point lead? Really?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I finally got to see the game and the 9ers last possession was really frustrating to watch. The coaches decide to burn the clock with 12 minutes left instead of playing to WIN and give the Bears the ball with 3 minutes left. What's up with that? If Cutler wasn't having such a bad day, the coaches could have easily lost this game for us.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
  • B650
  • Veteran
Yup, and what's frustrating is, they'll never learn. The same thing happened against Minnesota, Indianapolis, Tenneseee...and it's going to continue happening because the coaches around here aren't winning coaches. Never have been and never will be. Just take a look at Raye's track record, and this guy is worth of being 49ers' OC?

I've been saying all along: we'll get back to winning when we have winning coaches that provide winning fomulas. It all starts at the top, and right now, our top is one of our biggest weaknesses.

We beat the Bears, and now the coaches probably believe they're doing it all right, you know, get all conservative to start the 2nd half of the game and pray that the defense wins the game. Too bad not all QBs are Jay Cutler. If we stick to this formula, we'll lose against any decent team, including Green Bay, Jacksonville, Arizona, etc.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Talk about delayed reaction.
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by B650:
Yup, and what's frustrating is, they'll never learn. The same thing happened against Minnesota, Indianapolis, Tenneseee...and it's going to continue happening because the coaches around here aren't winning coaches. Never have been and never will be. Just take a look at Raye's track record, and this guy is worth of being 49ers' OC?

I've been saying all along: we'll get back to winning when we have winning coaches that provide winning fomulas. It all starts at the top, and right now, our top is one of our biggest weaknesses.

We beat the Bears, and now the coaches probably believe they're doing it all right, you know, get all conservative to start the 2nd half of the game and pray that the defense wins the game. Too bad not all QBs are Jay Cutler. If we stick to this formula, we'll lose against any decent team, including Green Bay, Jacksonville, Arizona, etc.

I don't get why they are comfortable with it. Let Smith go for 7 and WIN THE GAME! Show some confidence in your QB! Sure he made some mistakes but he played well enough to put some more points up if not for that conservative mindset.
Originally posted by susweel:

lol
Hey lock boys.... Stuff yourselves this is a legit thread!

You sit on a four point lead to show your young QB you trust him it builds confidence, LMAO it the incompetence of this coaching staff!

Now I see the topic on the second page. Mods, do your thing.

Originally posted by susweel:

I've been a little busy and everything I read about the game didn't exactly make me rush to watch the tape.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
That was painful to watch, without that 5th pick we would have lost. When is the last time a team was +4 in the turnover column and won by less than a touchdown? The ultra conservative approach is driving me nuts, repeatedly running up the middle
and getting 1-2 yards is ridiculous. I wonder when we are going to punt on 3rd down,
that is next.
  • Mex49

Shouldn't you be cleaning something or making us dinner?
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
I finally got to see the game and the 9ers last possession was really frustrating to watch. The coaches decide to burn the clock with 12 minutes left instead of playing to WIN and give the Bears the ball with 3 minutes left. What's up with that? If Cutler wasn't having such a bad day, the coaches could have easily lost this game for us.

Prevent Offense?
Share 49ersWebzone