LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

When did we get rid of the WCO??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Getrdun9ers:
It was cuz of Nolan... and his firing of McCarthy. Even though it's a hard offense to learn for young players because of the terminology I think it would actually fit our team better. They have problems with pass protection. The quick passes would help our O-line look better because they wouldn't have to pass protect for as long. And I actually think that it would fit Alex better than the current offense. Even though he looked horrible in it in his rookies season... so did EVERYONE else on the team. The reason I feel it would be better for Alex because he wouldn't have as long to think about what he was going to do. They're all quick reads, quick releases. Very rarely do you go down field which would be a good thing as I don't feel we have the type of team to stretch the field as often as we'd like too. However, once we get a speed receiver that's when we could send him down field once in a while to keep the safeties honest.

McCarthy wasn't fired. He took a Head Coaching job in Green Bay.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
We have been more or less running the digit system since 2006. I'd rather keep that then throw on some new terminology and a completely new system again.

we did this in 2007, remember? :-(
Share 49ersWebzone