LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Alex with an offseason as the starter

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
How about an offseason without him? Honestly, I don't know what you people see in this guy that makes you think he will ever be a winner.

let me guess you want us to draft Tebow
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Really, is this the new excuse for him? With an offseason, he would still STINK........ We need a QB

Yea but I like this excuse though. It makes sense to me.

Is everyone forgetting that Alex DID have an offseason with these guys??? Remember that there was an open competition where both Alex and Shaun got half the reps??? It lasted until the 3d exhibition game!!!

Just another excuse to stay on zombie-eyes' nuts!

So half the snaps through 3 preseason games = an entire offseason as starter now?

Wow! Where have you been?? Smith has been throwing with the first team offense since minicamps back in March!!

I had do dig through the archives to prove your ignorant, smith-loving, ass wrong, but I think this was the first time they met on the field!

49ers' Hill, Smith begin friendly QB rivalry

It doesn't surprise me that you are so ignorant and blinded by this kid that still cant get it right. It is pretty common amongst all his supporters! They yell and scream to give him 'another fair chance', yet they ignore the fact that he has been in the league FOR A LONG TIME NOW, injured or not, and doesn't deserve to 'get a chance' til he turns 40!

dumbass he is saying that if he got 100% of the snaps and alex has not had a fair chance at Qb every1 knows that escept 06 where he wasnt that bad cinsidereing the talent
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by teeohh:
One thing Matt brought up about why Davis isn't near ready to start is that he doesn't get any reps with the team. And the back up runs the scout team. So is the ugly offense we're seeing a result of Alex not getting any reps or not having any chemistry with guys? And if that's the case then why did he look so good in the second half against Houston?

I'm not making excuses and I'm not arguing anything. It's just something Maiocco pointed out that got me thinking maybe we're underestimating how important continuity is to an offense when you keep having to change your personnel. Either way, I'm hoping that lack of continuity is the reason why Raye is trying "to figure out what the players can do" and why the offense has been bad the last couple games.

There are many that do not get how important it is to a team to have continuity. Steve Young said the same thing the other night talking about Smith, and how the lack of continuity is the problem.

Continuity, not only with the players around him, but with the man designing and calling the plays, is a premis too logical for some to understand. I actually laugh out loud when reading some of these posts. This team, more specifically this offense, is not good enough yet for the blame to be assigned to one player. Everyone needs to share in the blame, and everything starts and in this case ends, with the O-Line. Without consistency there, a team hasn't got a chance.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Really, is this the new excuse for him? With an offseason, he would still STINK........ We need a QB

Yea but I like this excuse though. It makes sense to me.

Is everyone forgetting that Alex DID have an offseason with these guys??? Remember that there was an open competition where both Alex and Shaun got half the reps??? It lasted until the 3d exhibition game!!!

Just another excuse to stay on zombie-eyes' nuts!

Blind sheep, my friend. Even with an entire offseason under the same system, next year's excuse would be:

A) it's Raye's playcalling
B) he's only 26 years old
C) he needs two probowl receivers like Ariozna, then we can truly assess him.
Another inane Smith thread..
How may are up just today alone??

And why, must be coz so many posters are new to watching the Niners and never have seen Smith play over the YEARS..

Just unbelievable. Can't you wait till there is actually something to say about him, coz he hasn't done squat yet... 1-7 -- 1-7.. got it?

Lost the Texans game with an INT at the Texan 38 with 55 seconds to go. 119yrd and no TD for the last game that Gore and the D won..

Is it the newbies, do they watch Niner football over the years or what..

Unfathomable...
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

And why, must be coz so many posters are new to watching the Niners and never have seen Smith play over the YEARS..

Just unbelievable. Can't you wait till there is actually something to say about him, coz he hasn't done squat yet... 1-7 -- 1-7.. got it?

Lost the Texans game with an INT at the Texan 38 with 55 seconds to go. 119yrd and no TD for the last game that Gore and the D won..

Unfathomable...

Nobody makes you read them, do they? There are other posts. And your right, if it wasn't for Alex Smith the Niners would have won that Texan game. Someone please tell me why Hill was relieved at half? Was he hurt?
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BHulman:

Unfathomable...

Nobody makes you read them, do they? There are other posts. And your right, if it wasn't for Alex Smith the Niners would have won that Texan game. Someone please tell me why Hill was relieved at half? Was he hurt?

He spent too much time fishing.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by BHulman:

Unfathomable...

He spent too much time fishing.

Yeah, that was it, and NO I don't read them too much any more and no one can make me. For instance I read the first page of this thread and started to gag, so I complained.. wait, let me show you what I mean!

I agree. We should draft another QB. We should also pick one up in free agency. We should have a slew of them. We should change coordinators every year until we find one we can all agree on too. Lets face it, the great one's come with the batteries included. Man, if we'd only drafted Rogers he would be doing so well for us. Man oh man golly gee and thank God it's christmas coming.
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
7 more games will probably answer this question.

7 more weeks to have these stupid arguments

• Axl49
  • Veteran
Ok here it is. I hated alex as a rookie and always said get rid of him. Now Alex is out BEST option not shaun hill and for damn sure NOT Nate Davis. BUT like someone said we have a horrendous line nd without that no QB can be great and Alex will never reach his potential. He hasnt palyed up to what he needs to be so stop making excueses it is what it is at this point and we all know our O line is our weak point right now
Originally posted by Spoonerism:

I agree. We should draft another QB. We should also pick one up in free agency. We should have a slew of them. We should change coordinators every year until we find one we can all agree on too. Lets face it, the great one's come with the batteries included. Man, if we'd only drafted Rogers he would be doing so well for us. Man oh man golly gee and thank God it's christmas coming.

LOL
Originally posted by Pogity:

You're wrong my friend...

... it's never gonna end.

Not until Smith is traded or he wins the Super Bowl.

Get used to it.

• Pogity
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Originally posted by Pogity:

You're wrong my friend...

... it's never gonna end.

Not until Smith is traded or he wins the Super Bowl.

Get used to it.

Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!
I would say that this year is probably Smith's final tryout with the Niners. He's had time to develop. People tend to forget his two injury-free years -- which were not all that good.

If Alex shows some improvement -- stops making critical mistakes -- stops fumbling the ball -- and wins some games -- then I'm all for bringing him back. And I'm the man's biggest critic on the board.

But if he continues to blindly stumble around for the rest of the season -- I think the sign will be fairly clear to the powers that be that a new direction is needed. The Niners are STOCKED with draft picks. Value at the QB position can be had in the later rounds.

Plus, don't forget the guy riding the pine. Nate Davis was a beast in small college ball. And if you don't think great players can't come out of small college programs -- remember Jerry Rice.
Share 49ersWebzone