LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

Our team speed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We seem to be lacking any real team speed. Where I think we need to get faster is in the secondary and the return game. We also need a game breaker at rb (sheets). I just look at Chris Johnson and he is dominating the league on pure speed.

Thoughts?

[ Edited by MadMartz on Nov 16, 2009 at 10:08:15 ]
Originally posted by MadMartz:
We seem to be lacking any real team speed. Where I think we need to get faster is in the secondary and the return game. We also need a game breaker at rb (sheets). I just look at Chris Johnson and he is dominating the league on pure speed.

Thoughts?

We don't have any.
We need a RB/Safety with good speed.

A return man would be a good idea in the offseason too....

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Nov 16, 2009 at 10:19:58 ]
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

Thoughts?

We don't have any.

Other than two of the fastest linebackers in the league... We have the two fastest Tight ends in the game. Chris Johnson is stupid fast though, you are correct. He was the fastest guy in the draft!
Slow in the back end of the D. Need a fast CB and Safety.

Should have kept Sheets. The guy was a burner. Hill is fast in a straight line and needs more reps. Like to see him run more go routes.
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Slow in the back end of the D. Need a fast CB and Safety.

Should have kept Sheets. The guy was a burner. Hill is fast in a straight line and needs more reps. Like to see him run more go routes.

Jones too.

But we definitely need some speed in the secondary.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Suck's!
  • Kush_Man16
  • Info N/A

Thoughts?

CJ is not just pure speed he has very good vision and moves and a lil power and is a great reciever out of the back field........we are one of the slowest teams in the league and that is a fact....besides vernon p willis and manny we have no speed.....speed is in fact over ratted in the nfl ex. Raiduhs but you need some gamebreakers at key positions like Cb/wr/kr/s to be an elite team...no doubt
you don't necessarily a bunch of guys that run 4.2's..look at rice and taylor, when they caught the ball they became the fastest players..its about execution too..IMO crabs and vd are pretty quick
I think this whole speed issue is a result of a couple of bad decisions by our players... (Nate)

but we do have speed at each position (beside RB)

we have 2 of the fastest LBs in the League in Willis and Manny....Haralson is not slow...Chris Johnson is just THAT fast.

we have the fastest TE in the league...and maybe second fastest in Delaine Walker

we finally have speed at the Safety position in Goldson...but I agree Lewis hella slow and so is Roman....hopefully Curtis Taylor can develop next year.

Also we have speed at WR in Jason Hill and Brandon Jones....we just don't use them.

at CB.... Nate has a enough speed...he just made some dumb decisions.... Spencer is fast, especially for his size at 6'-1"..... Brown seems fine....Bly seems alittle slower...but I haven't seen him get burnt yet.

I think we just need to improve the speed at the Strong Safety position.

Originally posted by Afrikan:
I think this whole speed issue is a result of a couple of bad decisions by our players... (Nate)

but we do have speed at each position (beside RB)

we have 2 of the fastest LBs in the League in Willis and Manny....Haralson is not slow...Chris Johnson is just THAT fast.

we have the fastest TE in the league...and maybe second fastest in Delaine Walker

we finally have speed at the Safety position in Goldson...but I agree Lewis hella slow and so is Roman....hopefully Curtis Taylor can develop next year.

Also we have speed at WR in Jason Hill and Brandon Jones....we just don't use them.

at CB.... Nate has a enough speed...he just made some dumb decisions.... Spencer is fast, especially for his size at 6'-1"..... Brown seems fine....Bly seems alittle slower...but I haven't seen him get burnt yet.

I think we just need to improve the speed at the Strong Safety position.
I like that bly has yet to be burnt, if he is out of position, he is usually like 1-2 steps off, whereas nate is left picking up the wr's jockstrap, he is so far behind.
our lb's are the fastest in the league (willis lawson) goldshon is fast, justin smith is fast, so is Brown. Our SS is not but so are most of them. not too worried
Need some speed at WR.

Thoughts?

A game breaker at running back? You mean a guy who could make 64, 79, and 80 yard touchdown runs through seven games? Oh, wait.

How has Sheets done in Miami, what with all of that game breaking speed? Oh, right.

I'll take talent and technique over speed every time in the NFL.
This team certainly could use some more speed in the secondary (especially at S), at RB and in the return game.

I think losing Kory Sheets was a huge mistake by Scotty actually......he could be helping this team right now. They could have had him on the roster but have him deactivated until he was needed. That is what Miami is doing now and they have Brown and R Williams playing.

I have not been at all impressed with Glen Coffee, despite the struggles of the offensive line. Not fast nor particularly elusive...just not special in any way.
Share 49ersWebzone