There are 168 users in the forums

Barrows "49ers resigning Franklin, 50-50"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
If we lose Franklin, screw it, and can't get a possible upgrade (Wilfork maybe?), screw it, go 4-3.

And get a new DC too?

That was more frustration talking than anything.

Thinking of all the 3-4 teams, in the league, I think we have a good shot at resigning him, unless some team tries to break the bank.

Ok Packers, Cowboys, Pats, Steel, Chargers, Cards are out all have what i considered a long term nose tackle. Most 3-4 are set there. Denver i could see because of nolan.
I'd rather spend (the) money on Peppers and move Soaps to NT and draft a guy in the 3rd or 4th rd and slide Balmer to LDE.
  • TheDuke
  • Info N/A
its quite simple here that you do whatever necessary to keep him here.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
If we lose Franklin, screw it, and can't get a possible upgrade (Wilfork maybe?), screw it, go 4-3.

And get a new DC too?

Thinking of all the 3-4 teams, in the league, I think we have a good shot at resigning him, unless some team tries to break the bank.

Ok Packers, Cowboys, Pats, Steel, Chargers, Cards are out all have what i considered a long term nose tackle. Most 3-4 are set there. Denver i could see because of nolan.

Oh man! When will that S.O.B. stop screwing us over!

And get a new DC too?

Other 3/4 teams:
Dolphins--Ferguson is about to retire, but his backup has been good. Unlikely.
Jets--Jenkins at NT, so they're out.
Browns--Rodgers at NT, so they're out.
KC--they need a NT badly.

There aren't many 3/4 teams that need a NT. Denver and KC are really the 3/4 teams that need a NT the most.
[ Edited by DownSouth on Nov 17, 2009 at 8:10 AM ]
Originally posted by DownSouth:

And get a new DC too?

Other 3/4 teams:
Dolphins--Ferguson is about to retire, but his backup has been good. Unlikely.
Jets--Jenkins at NT, so they're out.
Browns--Rodgers at NT, so they're out.
KC--they need a NT badly.

There aren't many 3/4 teams that need a NT. Denver and KC are really the 3/4 teams that need a NT the most.

I heard Seattle is going to throw big money at a DT. Wilfork and Franklin can both easily play DT in the 4-3 and I hope that Seattle does not get either guy.
I have a feeling that we won't be giving him the big money. If Franklin wants to come back, then it's going to be because he wants to play here for Singletary etc. etc.

I have a feeling that if Franklin is not re-signed, we will be seeing a lot of Balmer at NT.

-9fA
Just resign/extend him now(incentive laden type deal that looks good on paper but had a lot of fluff, unreachable clauses, and heavily backloaded). Then draft Terrance Cody or someother pure Nt as his replacement(like the Pats did this year)..
If we don't retain Franklin, all Free Agent NT's, as well as prospects Terrance Cody (Alabama) and Dan Williams (Tennessee) become serious targets for the 49ers.
Maiocco said Balmer is an option at NT if Franklin doesn't resign

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by WINiner:
I hope we loose Franklin and gain Wilfork.....

I don't think the Pats will keep Wilfork since they used a mid 2nd rd pick on Ron Brace this year but you can be sure there will be a lot of teams interested in Wilfork. I gurantee you Wilfork will have more interest and get more money on the open market than Aubrayo Franklin will

Yes he will. He has a higher profile and is a 2 gapper.
Share 49ersWebzone