There are 288 users in the forums

The Jets Tampering Case

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Has anyone heard anything more about the status of the tampering charges against the Jets? This thing is dragging on and on, and the longer it goes, the more I get the feeling that the NFL is just going to let this this quietly die without doing anything. They should have had more than enough time to complete their investigation by now. If I recall, they came back very quickly with a decision to take away our draft choice in the Lance Briggs case. And there seemed to be less evidence to convict the 49ers than there is against the Jets in the Crabtree case. I think this is another example of Roger Goodell trying to screw the 49ers. He's had a history of leaning against us (Briggs case, Owens trade, free agent compensation). It's going to really hurt the NFL's credibility in my eyes if they just let this go. By the way, when a team is found guilty of tampering, is the team that was tampered with ever awarded draft picks, or do they simply take away draft picks from the violating team?
Originally posted by 49erfanatic:
Has anyone heard anything more about the status of the tampering charges against the Jets? This thing is dragging on and on, and the longer it goes, the more I get the feeling that the NFL is just going to let this this quietly die without doing anything. They should have had more than enough time to complete their investigation by now. If I recall, they came back very quickly with a decision to take away our draft choice in the Lance Briggs case. And there seemed to be less evidence to convict the 49ers than there is against the Jets in the Crabtree case. I think this is another example of Roger Goodell trying to screw the 49ers. He's had a history of leaning against us (Briggs case, Owens trade, free agent compensation). It's going to really hurt the NFL's credibility in my eyes if they just let this go. By the way, when a team is found guilty of tampering, is the team that was tampered with ever awarded draft picks, or do they simply take away draft picks from the violating team?

He wasn't commish when we had the Owens trade(At least I don't THINK). But I would like to see us get something out of this.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
There is going to be atleast 300 views on this thread in about 30 minutes because everyone will think that there will be new information about the tampering case.

[ Edited by obx49 on Nov 15, 2009 at 09:58:38 ]
Originally posted by obx49:
There is going to be atleast 300 views on this thread in about 30 minutes because everyone will think that there will be new information about the tampering case.

Yup! Got me good!
The Jets have to be punished for this tampering!
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Due to the East Coast bias, nothing will come out of the tampering charges with the Jets and the issue will slowly die -

Exactly what I was thinking..."The Fix is In!"
Actually, knowing the PR machine that is the NFL This will be brought back up shortly after the superbowl and before the draft. There are too many fans who want an answer to this for it to just fade away. Was there or was there not tampering.

WE DEMAND ANSWERS!

Personally I am under the impression there was and it forced crabtree to cave. We are owed a draft pick, and the NFL needs to ensure the integrity of the draft process. I think a major issue in the new CBA is going to be if the Union decides to go to a rookie wage scale.
see how long this one lasts
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Yup! Got me good!

Argh.
Bottom line is this: If there IS anything new, I'm pretty sure one of the Matt's will report it

• Mex49

he deserves a warning especially because our team is getting zero
Only when the 49ers do something does any action happen. When someone does it against them, it is swept under the rug. Goodell, I don't like you.
I wouldn't expect to hear anything until after the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by 49erfanatic:

What evidence do the Niners have? Bears had Niners on tape talking to Briggs agent. I don't see how you can say the Niners have more evidence than the Bears had.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
I wouldn't expect to hear anything until after the Super Bowl.

yeah in the offseason
Share 49ersWebzone