LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Delanie Wlaker

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Why is this guy not getting more playing time? He has 5 receptions for 81 yards, that is an average of 16.2 yards a reception. That is more than any other reciever on the team. Besides that he makes for very good mismatches within the TE position. He used to be a WR and still Has WR speed. With him and Vernon on the field together, could help our offensive line out also. I know Delanie is not a very good blocker but he can atleast help in double teams sometimes and or let vernon stay in to block sometimes also. They are both recieving threats and can also block. This makes sense for the offense to utilize that.
1 Do you watch the games?
2 He can't block worth a dam
3 He is usually being shut down by a LB or S

Yes he can catch, but his speed is not translating to NFL speed. A lot of times he looks slow out there.
Smith tries not to lock onto receivers, but he does, and he is locking onto Davis and Crabtree most of the time. He may think at times,"damn, it need to get one to X" and then he will lock on to him once or twice a game.
i found it odd

that when we went to 3 wrs sets

I saw walker in there more times than Hill...

I dont think D walker is anything special.
Originally posted by insanemike27:
Why is this guy not getting more playing time? He has 5 receptions for 81 yards, that is an average of 16.2 yards a reception. That is more than any other reciever on the team. Besides that he makes for very good mismatches within the TE position. He used to be a WR and still Has WR speed. With him and Vernon on the field together, could help our offensive line out also. I know Delanie is not a very good blocker but he can atleast help in double teams sometimes and or let vernon stay in to block sometimes also. They are both recieving threats and can also block. This makes sense for the offense to utilize that.

It's actually very simple! That blind fossil of an OC, Ray Charles, I mean Jimmy Raye doesn't know anything about nay position outside of TE. WAIT! Walker is a TE. Well at his age he can only concentrate at one player at a time. But seriously I love his big play ability bit no one, even Martz was able to get him involved like he should be. I personally would have him be in as a third receiver as well as in two TE sets to get him on the field as much as possible but who know. I have a feeling he will leave the Niners one day then blow the F^%$ up.

Seen more from Walker then Hill, not sure why everyone is on Hill's nuts.

[ Edited by JaaDogg49 on Nov 15, 2009 at 08:20:05 ]
Actually DWalk has been a liability at times out there in some key situations and also drawing a few boneheaded penalties. There's a reason he went as late as he did in the draft. VD he ain't.
His strength is that he creates a lot of mismatches as a TE, but not so much when he gets matched up against a S or a nickel back.

He's obviously good with the RAC and I wish they would set him up with some screens or somewhere out in space.

I dont think he's physical enough to ever be an everydown TE, but if used right, I think he can be a weapon.
  • Mex49
Same reason our best TD catching WR just started playing this Season-------------------------------------OUR COACHES ARE f**kING STUPID------------------------------------
Walker has seen a s**t load of playing time!!!!!
He just hasn't done anything
I'm ready to see less of Walker and Norris and more J Hill and Jones
Walker gets plenty of time. We're in that 2 TE set at least 15 times a game. The reason you don't notice him is because he's overrated. Just my personal opinion but I think we'd be better off going 3 WRs with Crabtree, Hill and Morgan. Heck Morgan's a better blocker than Walker too.

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Walker gets plenty of time. We're in that 2 TE set at least 15 times a game. The reason you don't notice him is because he's overrated. Just my personal opinion but I think we'd be better off going 3 WRs with Crabtree, Hill and Morgan. Heck Morgan's a better blocker than Walker too.

I would like to see more of those three as well. Would mean being more aggressive for Alex Smith too.
Originally posted by Mex49:
Same reason our best TD catching WR just started playing this Season-------------------------------------OUR COACHES ARE f**kING STUPID------------------------------------

Yeah he has like 3 career touchdowns. He's our best!
Walker has always been one of the most overrated 9er players on the zone.
At this point, Walker can only serve as a back up to VD. I woulrd rather see the ball thrown to Davis, Crab, Morgan, or Hill before Walker. Walker could be great in the red zone though!
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Walker has always been one of the most overrated 9er players on the zone.

exactly what i was going to say. after that hurdle on the preseason kickoff his rookie year, people have been overrating him.
Share 49ersWebzone