There are 287 users in the forums

Crabtree's effect on the team/franchise thus far

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by King49er:
He's already divided the locker room and is a MUCH bigger bust than DHB.

He sucks and I hate him, as a player and a person

You really enjoy sunday, don't you? I am SOOOO happy that I am not watching the same games as you. Good luck, having fun as a fan. I really hope that you have a GREAT recipe for bbq .......... cuz, that will be your only chance ..........
Originally posted by WestCoast:
bust

crabtree = "bust"

=

"WestCoast" = short term, small minded, "tool!"
Originally posted by erndoogie46:
Originally posted by King49er:
He's already divided the locker room and is a MUCH bigger bust than DHB.

He sucks and I hate him, as a player and a person

You really enjoy sunday, don't you? I am SOOOO happy that I am not watching the same games as you. Good luck, having fun as a fan. I really hope that you have a GREAT recipe for bbq .......... cuz, that will be your only chance ..........

damn you people cant take jokes its hilarious
A scouts take on Crabtree

1. It hasn't shown yet, but it soon will -- Crabtree could be special: San Francisco WR Michael Crabtree didn't have a big statistical night against the Bears, but he is a specimen. He attacks the ball in the air. Plus, he has exceptional body control and knows how to time his leap to snatch the football at its highest point with his big, strong hands. He is a very physical player overall and it really shows up when he's competing for the ball in the air, through his route and after the catch, when he instantly becomes like a running back with the ball in his hands. He sticks his foot in the ground and explodes out of his breaks, and he never looks out of balance. Crabtree is going to be a nightmare for opposing cornerbacks on slants and fades in particular, but this guy has the ability to excel with the entire route tree.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The guy has the ability to excel with the entire route tree, what else do you want.
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by EdEs:
I don't know if he has had such a great impact on the field. I say this because although he has had good catches with sometimes large positive gains; defers attention from vernon davis; and eases frank gore's load by lessening the amount of defenders in the box, he has also been responsible for a couple of turnovers. That being said, I am very excited about what he is going to do next week and the week after that right now I believe he has done as much damage as good.

I am excited he is here, but thats a solid evaluation I would say. That training camp hurt him in those aspects giving him more Rookie trends. All in all I think he was a great pick.
Its common that players start to play faster once they have a grasp on the system and how the Qb reacts in certain situations. Right now, crabs is not playing very fast. But I expect this to change with every game. I am curious to see if he will be able to get separation before and after the catch.
  • saeniner
  • Info N/A
Stats are overrated, especially for a rookie.
A fat statline is nice and I won't put it down, but the fact is he is beginning to grasp his role and get a good feeling for the offense, not to mention flashing the talent that got him drafted in the top 10, is much more important to me.
let's say he had came to camp on time, when do you guys think he would have exploded into a star? I'm going to say around week 6 or 7, it sucks because I think had he not heldout and went through camp/PS the offense would be much better right now.
Originally posted by tohara3:
He has surpassed where I thought he would be by now. With more of a spread & aggressive attack the rest of the season he could finish in top 2 or 3 in Rookie of the Year voting.

Could you imagine how salty some of the other rookie WR's would be. The guy missed 1/4 of the season and still hypothetically ended up in the race for ROY

DHB FTW!!

Crabs
Gore
V. Davis
Willis

the only bright spots on this team
Crabs
Gore
V. Davis
Willis

There are a few more bright spots than just the ones you listed. Franklin? J. Smith? Spencer? T. Brown?
Crabs
Gore
V. Davis
Willis

huh?
J.Smith
A.Franklin
Goldston
T.Brown
S.Spencer
A.Lee
J.Hill-when they actually put him in

not to mention Spikes/Soapaga (spelling?)/Wilhelm/Heitman/Lawson have all been playing solid football

Snyder was having a good year prior to injury, Clements was doing ok, the ST coverage units have done very well this year.

why do ppl always have to see the bad side of things, let this team play the team from 05-07 we would kill them. be happy we have made progress.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Crabs
Gore
V. Davis
Willis

huh?
J.Smith
A.Franklin
Goldston
T.Brown
S.Spencer
A.Lee
J.Hill-when they actually put him in

not to mention Spikes/Soapaga (spelling?)/Wilhelm/Heitman/Lawson have all been playing solid football

Snyder was having a good year prior to injury, Clements was doing ok, the ST coverage units have done very well this year.

why do ppl always have to see the bad side of things, let this team play the team from 05-07 we would kill them. be happy we have made progress.

I think you meant Staley
Easily the worst wide receiver we've had in years. I can't believe they let Brandon Lloyd escape and ended up with this bust. No way he's on the roster next year.

And he's killed the locker room. He needs to learn from the great attitude here in the webzone.
Share 49ersWebzone