There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree's effect on the team/franchise thus far

i have already forgiven the holdout.

not because of a forgive and forget, but he came in in excellent shape and put in work to get the playbook down so he can get on the field. basically he wasn't holding out and eating bon bons. he was making sure he would be ready when he signed for whoever.
The kid has already surpassed whatever Rashaun Woods did

He attacks the ball

He has great hands

He blocks like a demon

He wants to be great

I was driving home so I missed the sideline catch

We knew he didn't have track star speed so the only question is whether he has football speed ala Jerry, i.e. once the pads are on he is the fastest player.

Given the amount of time that he missed, I am pleasantly surprised with his production to date
  • hcniner64
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

He attacks the ball

He has great hands

He blocks like a demon

He wants to be great

We knew he didn't have track star speed so the only question is whether he has football speed ala Jerry, i.e. once the pads are on he is the fastest player.

Given the amount of time that he missed, I am pleasantly surprised with his production to date

Very true but is it really hard to surpass woods?
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
IMO he has surpassed my expectations and can't wait to see what he does if/when we get an OL.

true
Originally posted by hcniner64:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

He attacks the ball

He has great hands

He blocks like a demon

He wants to be great

Very true but is it really hard to surpass woods?

Touche
Crabtree singlehandedly made the 49ers change their philosophy from running all day to transitioning into more of a real NFL offense. the transition is not complete but it has begun. when he signed we went with Smith, a QB who can utilize his WR's and we opened up the offense more. i think the offense will continue to get better as the OC begins to trust his players more and we will be scoring a good amount of points once this happens. i still think we will win the division but i dont think they have the O-line to win in the playoffs, but next year with continuity and some new playmakers and linemen in the draft and FA we can be serious contenders. Crabtree set this new philosophy off. give it time to take effect but when it does, we will roll over people and our core group of playmakers on offense are all young so they will be terrorizing other teams for years to come
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Crabtree singlehandedly made the 49ers change their philosophy from running all day to transitioning into more of a real NFL offense. the transition is not complete but it has begun. when he signed we went with Smith, a QB who can utilize his WR's and we opened up the offense more. i think the offense will continue to get better as the OC begins to trust his players more and we will be scoring a good amount of points once this happens. i still think we will win the division but i dont think they have the O-line to win in the playoffs, but next year with continuity and some new playmakers and linemen in the draft and FA we can be serious contenders. Crabtree set this new philosophy off. give it time to take effect but when it does, we will roll over people and our core group of playmakers on offense are all young so they will be terrorizing other teams for years to come

I agree Crabtree plays a major role in the switch but the biggest part is the QB change. Having a #1 WR will be huge for this franchise.
He's already divided the locker room and is a MUCH bigger bust than DHB.

He sucks and I hate him, as a player and a person
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by King49er:

Originally posted by King49er:

good thing crabtree didn't have a 40 time..al davis thanks idiot
Originally posted by JaaDogg49:
Originally posted by tohara3:
He has surpassed where I thought he would be by now. With more of a spread & aggressive attack the rest of the season he could finish in top 2 or 3 in Rookie of the Year voting.

Actually I was just looking at rookie WR stats and for someone who missed a few games he is not that far behind some of the top rookies who have played all the games.

1)Austin Collie-32 for 356yds
2)Johhny Knox-30 for 360 yds
3)Percy Harvin-28 for 369yds

14)Crabtree-18-215yds

At this pace he might either be right there or surpass these guys, especially if that $hitty OC decides to finally open it up. I am no Crabtree fan just yet but if he keeps playing like he has then I might forget that holdout nonesense. We may have a Rookie of the Year on our hands if he can make some big plays during our usual late season surge...

What's most amazing about those numbers, is that he has done it on one of the worst yards producing offenses in the league, while missing 5 of 9 games.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Nov 17, 2009 at 1:09 AM ]
let me summarize the answer to this topic:

he's by far the best talent we have at WR.

he's already making Bruce, Morgan, Battle, Hill, etc look bad by stepping right in with no camp and very little practice, and producing.

he has a bright future. if he can look solid with a passing game in a primitive stage, imagine what he could do if we ever find a passing strategy that works.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
He definitely has it. Get an NFL quality o-line and then Crabtree can get open more often and rip up defenses. He will be a first down machine

Agreed.

With just a few more seconds, any QB we have that is decent will find him, he will be a First Down machine.

I do think he has already impacted the team for the better as well. No doubt there is 0% or very, very little animosity in the locker room, especially now that the guys can see he is a player, and making plays from his first game after 2 freaking weeks including the bye to get ready.

Yes, an after reading a couple things above; for sure I was pissed as hell at him, but I forgot so quick when he came in ready to play, and then did make plays. A pleasure to get over it!

Can you believe the team finally drafted someone in the first round who is actually contributing right away and looks to only get way better???

When was the last time that happened??

GO NINERS!!!!
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Nov 17, 2009 at 1:58 AM ]
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
He definitely has it. Get an NFL quality o-line and then Crabtree can get open more often and rip up defenses. He will be a first down machine

Agreed.

With just a few more seconds, any QB we have that is decent will find him, he will be a First Down machine.

I do think he has already impacted the team for the better as well. No doubt there is 0% or very, very little animosity in the locker room, especially now that the guys can see he is a player, and making plays from his first game after 2 freaking weeks including the bye to get ready.

Yes, an after reading a couple things above; for sure I was pissed as hell at him, but I forgot so quick when he came in ready to play, and then did make plays. A pleasure to get over it!

Can you believe the team finally drafted someone in the first round who is actually contributing right away and looks to only get way better???

When was the last time that happened??

GO NINERS!!!!

That would be WILLIS PATRICK! but before that its been slim pickins',at least Vernon is finally looking like a Star in the making! Now if only we can get 2 O-linemen and a pass rusher next year and we could be hot!
bust