LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

Did Sing/McCloughan Plan This?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
no, they thought the change in mindset alone would get us to the playoffs, little did they know its all about talent, motivation can only get you so far.
I think they knew Alex would need to get a shot, but wanted him to feel comfortable with the offense first. They did bring Coffee along quickly, but it was most likely out of fear Gore would go down, which he has. I disagree with how Raye's coaching Coffee, though, telling him not to bounce outside if the hole's not there. When I saw him play at Alabama, he wasn't afraid to run between the tackles, but had the flexibility to run outside, too. I think he needs that to be successful. They knew when Crabtree signed, they'd get him on the field soonest...but Michael surprised them by being in great shape and learning the offense quickly. His presence and abilities, along w/Morgan, Hill and Jones make Bruce and Battle expendable. I think they were comfortable with the Spencer-Clements tandem, and they've played pretty well together. They also knew Brown was knocking on the door...and now that he's asserting himself, they may have some options w/Nate, either to move him to S, or possibly trade/cut him unless he's willing to reduce his salary significantly.
I'm sure they talked about it but I doubt that is was the 'plan.' You couldn't start Smith right away because the fan base would have eaten him alive the minute he made a mistake. Brown coming in surprised me but he's played well. However, I don't think all of this was meticulously thought out before the season. That is a little ridiculous to think that way. I think it's more of Sing finding out who his starters really are.

Speaking of McCloughan, why do so many people on here bash him?
With all the flack McCloughan gets, I can say he's better than that last GM we had in Donahue. I remember ole Dona-dumb was running the team with Rattay-Barlow and Lloyd. HMMMM are those chumps even still in the league?
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
I'm sure they talked about it but I doubt that is was the 'plan.' You couldn't start Smith right away because the fan base would have eaten him alive the minute he made a mistake. Brown coming in surprised me but he's played well. However, I don't think all of this was meticulously thought out before the season. That is a little ridiculous to think that way. I think it's more of Sing finding out who his starters really are.

Speaking of McCloughan, why do so many people on here bash him?

Pure ignorance.
Share 49ersWebzone