There are 129 users in the forums

Is anyone here surprised Bruce is being phased out?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think he's done
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/11/balmer-49ers-return-to-work.html
--When asked if Bruce would be the No. 3 receiver, Singletary said he wasn't sure whether he'd be the third, fourth or fifth receiver. One would think Jason Hill has done enough to hold onto the No. 3 job.

look for bruce to be off the roster with some "injury" in practice or something he's done.
Originally posted by matt49er:
I think he's done
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/11/balmer-49ers-return-to-work.html
--When asked if Bruce would be the No. 3 receiver, Singletary said he wasn't sure whether he'd be the third, fourth or fifth receiver. One would think Jason Hill has done enough to hold onto the No. 3 job.

look for bruce to be off the roster with some "injury" in practice or something he's done.

Yeah Bruce is finished, that "injury" during practice which held Bruce out of the Bears game was the final nail in the coffin. -We're moving forward with our young guns.

And I assume throughout the rest of the season Hill & Morgan will be battling for the number #2 spot going into 2010.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Nov 17, 2009 at 5:43 PM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
His abilities just aren't there anymore, I don't think we are phasing him out, I just think young players are just passing him by.
Originally posted by Gelder:
Morgan needs to step it up now.

This.

And the rest of the receivers, and the O-line, and the quarter back, and the pass rush, and...

Im actually surprised they pulled the trigger,even though it's been time for several weeks now. I just don't know what more Jason Hill has to do to get on the field consistently..I think he would be awesome in the slot,the way New England uses Welker...And with all the money we gave Brandon Jones,we need to see what he can do.Before he got hurt he was said to be our most impressive receiver....
Hell no.. I wanted him gone last year.. I now see why Crabtree was inserted over Josh instead. Crabs had to play and they wanted to ease Bruce out gently. They had crab est. himself on the other side, and then had Morgan slowly beat Bruce out. Classy move. But him, Ulbrich, and Sims are singing their swan song.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by susweel:
I'm surprised it took this long.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
No...but i think he was undercover for the lambs. He purposely fed our WR bad information to get even for the 10 yrs the 49ers used to destroy the lambs. He was a big mistake and a bad apple on the team!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by susweel:
I'm surprised it took this long.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Hell no.. I wanted him gone last year.. I now see why Crabtree was inserted over Josh instead. Crabs had to play and they wanted to ease Bruce out gently. They had crab est. himself on the other side, and then had Morgan slowly beat Bruce out. Classy move. But him, Ulbrich, and Sims are singing their swan song.

You think we're not going to resign Sims for some depth? He's only on a one-year contract now--I could see us giving him a 2 or maybe 3 year contract for some depth on the line.

of course not....he should have never been brought back.
Originally posted by smileyman:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:

You think we're not going to resign Sims for some depth? He's only on a one-year contract now--I could see us giving him a 2 or maybe 3 year contract for some depth on the line.

I could see Sims getting resigned as depth. he has played very well thus far. he himself said that he is better suited for a LT over RT. So maybe that was the issue in the past was he didn't feel comfortable in the RT position
No, not at all; it should have happened sooner. Bruce has had a HOF career and he is a class act. He acknowledged that Morgan should start and is helping all the young receivers to improve thier game. I for one am glad that Coach Sing is trying to maintain some dignity while benching Bruce. Basically he is a player/coach.
Nope, knew that was happening. Glad he has stayed as long as he has to help out our younger WRs
Share 49ersWebzone