LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Crabtree "incomplete" reception. Anyone have a gif?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jmond09:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by prime21:
If you see the replay, his right knee touches out of bounds before his left foot comes down in bounds, but GREAT effort!!!!!

Exactly.

one ankle equals two feet.

I've been an NFL fan for over 30 years, especially interested in the rules and how they change over the years, and have never heard this.

any bodypart other than the foot or the hand is considered 2 feet.

Show me the rule. I understand that if the player lands on his back or chest or something like that he would be considered in bounds even if his feet never touched the turf but when does an ankle = two feet. I thought it had to be the knee or above (or elbow in the case of a hand).

[ Edited by Gavintech on Nov 16, 2009 at 10:58:17 ]
So does anyone have a .gif yet?
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
So does anyone have a .gif yet?

BirdmanJr...Y would U wanna see that again. Just prey Smiff & Crabz learn from it & get more work in B4 Green Bay?
Bwhahahahahaha...even though they did not call it a catch....HE CAUGHT IT!!! Unlike DHB....costing his team the game bc of his BUTTERFIGURES!!!
[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Nov 16, 2009 at 3:22 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Bwhahahahahaha...even though they did not call it a catch....HE CAUGHT IT!!! UnlikeDHB....costing his team the game bc of his!!!

Exactly, that dude sucks!
Originally posted by KALI-KING:
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Bwhahahahahaha...even though they did not call it a catch....HE CAUGHT IT!!! UnlikeDHB....costing his team the game bc of his!!!

Exactly, that dude sucks!
Originally posted by Goldtimer:
OMG enough with this amazing/awesome incompletion, he didn't control the ball when the DB forced it out while on the ground.

I partially agree with the statement as I know it was not a catch, but the stupid dancing locks have got to go. Whining for a lock is just lame.

When I was watching the game, it looked like his shin touched out-of-bounds before the second foot got down, therefor it was clearly an incomplete pass regardless of whether or not he had control of the ball.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Nov 16, 2009 at 7:12 PM ]
I really don't like the camera angles on this play.
Yeah i think him lossing control of the ball is why it's a incomplete. Been awhile since we've had a number 1.
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Not enough evidence to see either way, so the play stood as called. Both feet were down, but it's hard to tell exactly if he was juggling it before he hit the ground.

Yes both feet came down in bounds but his left knee was out of bounds before his right foot came down. Even though both feet came down in bounds it didn't matter because he was already out of bounds before the second foot came down.

THANK YOU.

Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Incompletion or not, it was a damn good catch!

The ball was out of his hands at the end of the play... he didn't catch it.

If his feet wouldve came in before going out of bounds, it would have been ruled a catch.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Wow, I missed that play cooking dinner. That was an obvious catch, was it not reviewed? He gets both feet down in bounds...what a throw and catch!

That couldve easily been called a catch. Damn that was CLOSE!!!!
I think everyone here should be sure to go to nfl.com and watch the weekly Official Review video and bonus videos. They feature the head of referee's explaining calls that were close/confusing throughout the weekend. A few weeks ago (I'm thinking week 7) there was a play review in which the player caught the ball but got hit before he had two feet down. This then requires that he maintains possession of the ball to the ground. Remember the V. Davis vs Pittsburg play where he got flipped over and dropped the ball after he was on the ground? Anyway, this one was called a completed catch because the ball ripped out by the defender after he was on the ground. Once the player is on the ground he must maintain possession UNLESS he is acted on by another action...aka a player rips the ball out after the player is down.

Knowing this logic, it is pretty clear that what happened on this play was Crabtree making a great catch but the ump made the wrong call. The ball came loose only after a second action by the defender after Crabtree was on the ground.
Share 49ersWebzone