LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

Crabtree "incomplete" reception. Anyone have a gif?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
Does anyone have that amazing catch by Crabtree at the beginning of the game? I kind of want the gif to see if it was a catch and just cause it was so awesome.
I have video taken from my iPhone (from tv). I'd load to YouTube, but it would get taken down. lemme try and then post link.
try this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4ozPq3OO6o
Wow, I missed that play cooking dinner. That was an obvious catch, was it not reviewed? He gets both feet down in bounds...what a throw and catch!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Wow, I missed that play cooking dinner. That was an obvious catch, was it not reviewed? He gets both feet down in bounds...what a throw and catch!

challenged by sing and still ruled incomplete. weak sauce!
OMG enough with this amazing/awesome incompletion, he didn't control the ball when the DB forced it out while on the ground.

Originally posted by Goldtimer:
OMG enough with this amazing/awesome incompletion, he didn't control the ball when the DB forced it out while on the ground.

Yes he did have control, he had control of the ball thought the catch and going out of bounds. It was incomplete because he didn't have both feet in bounds before any other part of his body was out of bounds. Watch it again.
If you see the replay, his right knee touches out of bounds before his left foot comes down in bounds, but GREAT effort!!!!!
Originally posted by prime21:
If you see the replay, his right knee touches out of bounds before his left foot comes down in bounds, but GREAT effort!!!!!

Exactly.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Yes he did have control, he had control of the ball thought the catch and going out of bounds. It was incomplete because he didn't have both feet in bounds before any other part of his body was out of bounds. Watch it again.

I don't need to watch it again. The ball was not in his hands throughout THE WHOLE PLAY. Him not having both feet inbounds wasn't confirmed after the challenge, the refs didn't state why it was an incompletion. Or am I missing audio of that? Now you go watch the replay and tell me what the refs said as a result of of the play being challenged? Good luck in telling me otherwise.

Originally posted by Gavintech:

I don't need to watch it again. The ball was not in his hands throughout THE WHOLE PLAY. Him not having both feet inbounds wasn't confirmed after the challenge, the refs didn't state why it was an incompletion. Or am I missing audio of that? Now you go watch the replay and tell me what the refs said as a result of of the play being challenged? Good luck in telling me otherwise.

You can believe what you want but he never had two feet in bounds for it to matter if he had control throughout the catch (even though he maintained control throughout the catch, it wasn't ripped out until well after the catch would have been considered over)...
The ball was ripped out after he hit the ground, if he would have gotten both feet in before his knee hit the ground, then it would have been a catch.
Originally posted by KALI-KING:
The ball was ripped out after he hit the ground, if he would have gotten both feet in before his knee hit the ground, then it would have been a catch.

Exactly. It looks like he rolled over twice while he still had possession of the ball. But none of that even matters. Why would they review if he maintained possession of the ball throughout the catch before reviewing if he did indeed have two feet in bounds first?
Not enough evidence to see either way, so the play stood as called. Both feet were down, but it's hard to tell exactly if he was juggling it before he hit the ground.
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Not enough evidence to see either way, so the play stood as called. Both feet were down, but it's hard to tell exactly if he was juggling it before he hit the ground.

Yes both feet came down in bounds but his left knee was out of bounds before his right foot came down. Even though both feet came down in bounds it didn't matter because he was already out of bounds before the second foot came down.
Share 49ersWebzone