There are 202 users in the forums

If this was your Offense how would you run it

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
No one posting here knows enough about pro football to make this kind of call. That is unless I am mistaken and we have some people posting here that have been in the NFL in some capacity or another.

This post right here ^^^ should have been the end of the thread, but here we are 3-pages later. LOL

I would run it so my 5yr old cousin can't predict our play calls like he can now...
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
I would run it so my 5yr old cousin can't predict our play calls like he can now...

How would you know if you have not run an NFL offense...... sorry, bro... I had to do it... this post cracks me up
Originally posted by smileyman:
Originally posted by strickac:

Sims has been great at LT. I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him at LT and moving Staley to RT, or vice versa. Baas is ok. Not star material, but decent. Next game pay attention to where the pressure is coming from--most of it is form the right side. Rachal is mediocre to poor and Snyder is just terrible. Who knows how Tony Pashos is.

No arguments there. Our right side is awful. I have very little faith in Chilo and Snyder.

As for Sims at LT. I doubt the staff would even consider it, but could make some sense. Sims played amazing against Freeney, so leaving him there wouldn't be bad. Staley would bring some stability RT.

Realistically though, I think we have to draft a RT early. We can't afford to go into next season without some more talent at the position.

When Staley returns in a few weeks, Sims will probably get some looks at RT; although, he's had his troubles there in the past. Hopefully, he's developed beyond that and can take the job away from Snyder. Snyder needs to stand next to Wragge on the sidelines. They're solid backup OGs, little more.

By early I assume you mean 2nd round? I surely wouldn't want to spend a 1st rounder on a RT. In fact I'd rather pick up an experienced one through FA and use our draft picks on our secondary and/or QB if it's obvious that Alex Smith isn't panning out by the end of the year.

I mean with either our 2nd or 3rd pick. Ideally, I would prefer spending a later pick, but it's a huge weakness for us and OTs tend to go fast. I'd definitely don't want another QB in the 1st.
Play action, misdirection, and screens. The thing is, some of these take time to develop, which has been the biggest issue for the OL. They can't even sustain blocks long enough for SCREENS where they're actually supposed to LET the defenders through after a moment. That tells you how poor the blocking has been.

I'd like to see more end arounds.

We just really need to get defenses going one direction and get the plays going to the other side.
Originally posted by posterX:
No one posting here knows enough about pro football to make this kind of call. That is unless I am mistaken and we have some people posting here that have been in the NFL in some capacity or another.

This post right here ^^^ should have been the end of the thread, but here we are 3-pages later. LOL

Originally posted by posterX:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

How would you know if you have not run an NFL offense...... sorry, bro... I had to do it... this post cracks me up

lol I dont get your question
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A

Sims has been great at LT. I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him at LT and moving Staley to RT, or vice versa. Baas is ok. Not star material, but decent. Next game pay attention to where the pressure is coming from--most of it is form the right side. Rachal is mediocre to poor and Snyder is just terrible. Who knows how Tony Pashos is.

No arguments there. Our right side is awful. I have very little faith in Chilo and Snyder.

As for Sims at LT. I doubt the staff would even consider it, but could make some sense. Sims played amazing against Freeney, so leaving him there wouldn't be bad. Staley would bring some stability RT.

Realistically though, I think we have to draft a RT early. We can't afford to go into next season without some more talent at the position.

When Staley returns in a few weeks, Sims will probably get some looks at RT; although, he's had his troubles there in the past. Hopefully, he's developed beyond that and can take the job away from Snyder. Snyder needs to stand next to Wragge on the sidelines. They're solid backup OGs, little more.

By early I assume you mean 2nd round? I surely wouldn't want to spend a 1st rounder on a RT. In fact I'd rather pick up an experienced one through FA and use our draft picks on our secondary and/or QB if it's obvious that Alex Smith isn't panning out by the end of the year.

I mean with either our 2nd or 3rd pick. Ideally, I would prefer spending a later pick, but it's a huge weakness for us and OTs tend to go fast. I'd definitely don't want another QB in the 1st.

I just don't see the value in picking a RT in the first round unless it's at the end. You end up paying way too much money for a guy that you don't know for sure how he's going to do. LT's are easier to spot talent-wise and the good ones are worth a first round. That's why I'd prefer to add talent at RT through FA--at least then you know for sure what you've got.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A

If that's the way to approach talking about the team why even bother? We wouldn't be able to say anything at all about any subject regarding the NFL, which is quite a ridiculous position to take.

I've seen enough NFL games over the years and read enough analysis to have a decent idea of what's going on. Am I an expert? No, but it surely won't stop me from talking about the game (or the team) that I love.

If that's the way to approach talking about the team why even bother? We wouldn't be able to say anything at all about any subject regarding the NFL, which is quite a ridiculous position to take.

I've seen enough NFL games over the years and read enough analysis to have a decent idea of what's going on. Am I an expert? No, but it surely won't stop me from talking about the game (or the team) that I love.

Thanks for your opinion.

• smileyman
  • Info N/A

Thanks for your opinion.

Thanks for your opinion.

THX
Essentially, I would make a Power run - Screen - PA/Middle of the field routes.

When you can run the ball you open up the air. I think it's a misconception. With Alex at QB, if we pound the ball you can open up misdirection screens, (RB AND TE ONLY!!). The reason why I say its a misconception is because if you have 3-4 base you can effectively just put a corner(man) and S-LB zone. So you really don't open up anything you just make a defense slide a scheme. Having them play close to the line opens a defense up, in any scheme. With screens you make the backers play up and the corners and safeties play mid range to LOS depth for play fakes. Creating mismatches and the big play ability. Gain HUGE chunks of yards, but you live and die with screens.

Now, the play action is just because I think Gore and the ground game is very good. I like 'middle of the field' play action routes because if you execute 2-3 of those a game you can open up Tight Ends and X WR to run slide and slug routes.

Thanks for your opinion.

THX

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Play action, misdirection, and screens. The thing is, some of these take time to develop, which has been the biggest issue for the OL. They can't even sustain blocks long enough for SCREENS where they're actually supposed to LET the defenders through after a moment. That tells you how poor the blocking has been.

I'd like to see more end arounds.

We just really need to get defenses going one direction and get the plays going to the other side.

Did you witness that lone Delay against the Bears?

Heitman snapped the ball the DLine was in around the End collapsing the Pocket and Smith calmly hands the ball to Frank(If I remember correctly) and Frank sees a hole an BAM!!!, he's on for a chunk of yardage. Raye needs to salt about 5-8 of these throughout the game. They keep the Defense honest also.

When I saw the play unfold and the resulting positive yardage, I was like "Now THAT how you do it!!!!" in my beswt Will Smith impersonation.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone