There are 171 users in the forums

If this was your Offense how would you run it

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Bench A. Smith, put Nate Davis in. Tell K. Sheets that we're sorry, and bring him back. and ofcourse, mummy Raye would not be in the picture... then shotgun would b good
Atleast have a 14 point lead before going super sing conservative.
  • carl
  • Veteran
It's peanut butter taser time!!!

Originally posted by B650:
I like how we came out against the Bears. We passed efficiently. It probably would've resulted in a TD if Crabtree hangs on to that 3rd-down pass.

I also like how we ran the ball out of shotgun in the 4th quarter. I like the overall balance that we had in this game.

The only thing I would really change is the fact that we seem to come out aggressive, build a small lead, then go in a shell and start playing passively, not wanting our QB to lose the game in the 3rd and 4th quarters. This is the NFL. If you have that mentality, chances are you're going to lose.

We have to see what we have with Smith, so I say we should just remain aggressive throughout the entire game, lead or not. I'd like to see Crabtree, Morgan, Hill, Davis, and Gore all out on the field at the same time. Spread them all out and let Alex find the open guy. Gore should also be able to run the ball this way because the defense isn't really expecting run. When we don't run, I'd make sure that on most plays, Gore is available as a safety valve for Smith so he doesn't panic and throw INTs. He can dump the ball off to Gore and let him do his thing.

I'd also like to see a lot more play-actions.

I like what your proposing, I think we go 2 TE to much and should switch to more 3 WR. I want to see Gore get some running room and it's proved to be the only way to do that this season has been to spread it out.

M.Norris shouldn't be on the field unless it's a short yardage play. I liked the way MRob played this week and would mind seeing him on a handful of plays this year.

I want to see more B.Jones also, if we're not going to play him we shouldn't have signed him. Burry Bruce and Battle on the bench and give Jones at least a handful of plays a game, throw one to him deep and see what he can do.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by matt49er:

I like what your proposing, I think we go 2 TE to much and should switch to more 3 WR. I want to see Gore get some running room and it's proved to be the only way to do that this season has been to spread it out.

M.Norris shouldn't be on the field unless it's a short yardage play. I liked the way MRob played this week and would mind seeing him on a handful of plays this year.

I want to see more B.Jones also, if we're not going to play him we shouldn't have signed him. Burry Bruce and Battle on the bench and give Jones at least a handful of plays a game, throw one to him deep and see what he can do.

I agree about the 2 TE sets, especially since Walker hardly ever gets a ball thrown to him (I think he only has 5 catches this year). Run some more 3 WR sets, or actually use Walker as a receiver instead of an ineffective decoy. Whenever Norris is on the field it's obvious that it's a run, so you're right there too. Only bring him in on short yardage.

I'd like to see M-Rob return punts for us. Jones is a horrible PR. M-Rob has done an ok job in the KR game, and I don't see how he can do any worse than Jones.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by smileyman:

Sims has been great at LT. I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him at LT and moving Staley to RT, or vice versa. Baas is ok. Not star material, but decent. Next game pay attention to where the pressure is coming from--most of it is form the right side. Rachal is mediocre to poor and Snyder is just terrible. Who knows how Tony Pashos is.

No arguments there. Our right side is awful. I have very little faith in Chilo and Snyder.

As for Sims at LT. I doubt the staff would even consider it, but could make some sense. Sims played amazing against Freeney, so leaving him there wouldn't be bad. Staley would bring some stability RT.

Realistically though, I think we have to draft a RT early. We can't afford to go into next season without some more talent at the position.

When Staley returns in a few weeks, Sims will probably get some looks at RT; although, he's had his troubles there in the past. Hopefully, he's developed beyond that and can take the job away from Snyder. Snyder needs to stand next to Wragge on the sidelines. They're solid backup OGs, little more.

By early I assume you mean 2nd round? I surely wouldn't want to spend a 1st rounder on a RT. In fact I'd rather pick up an experienced one through FA and use our draft picks on our secondary and/or QB if it's obvious that Alex Smith isn't panning out by the end of the year.
West Coast Offense. Good enough for the SeaCocks, good enough for the FudgePackers. At least TRY to look like the great 49er teams; Crabtree on a slant, VDavis on a curl route, ASmith running headfirst for 22 yards...
If this was MY Offense I would shoot myself in the head...

Actually I would put Staley in the RT slot because Sims held up pretty well against the Bears Defense.

Then I would still run the double T set to give myself an extra blocker in either Walker OR Davis.

Then I would Run Crabs and Hill down their throats with Morgan and Battle spelling them.

Run lots of crossing routes, screens, draws and delays to keep the Defense on their heels.

And THAT is what we should be running. Run Run Run is great great great, but if it doesn't get the Defense on their heels with this porous Line you're toast more often than you're golden.

~Ceadder
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 666SF666SF:
West Coast Offense. Good enough for the SeaCocks, good enough for the FudgePackers. At least TRY to look like the great 49er teams; Crabtree on a slant, VDavis on a curl route, ASmith running headfirst for 22 yards...

We need to talk Steve Young out of retirement. That'll fix all of our problems, right? He's only 8 years older than Favre . . .

We need to talk Steve Young out of retirement. That'll fix all of our problems, right? He's only 8 years older than Favre . . .

Nah, too old...

Ummmmm you guys know what's missing for the WCO?

No what's REALLY missing?

A small versatile Offensive Line that can move past 5-9 yards down field in a quick amount of time that can run counters and traps and push guys off the Line using their weaknesses.

THAT's whats missing. I really hate when people seem to think that the WCO would be a great fit with this team. This ain't yor daddy's 49ers. And won't be so long as we have HUGE guys on the Line who get 4-5 yards downfield and are gassed.

The other important part we are missing? Another Bob McKittrick to be the lead General for that unit.

~Ceadder
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A

Nah, too old...

Funny thing is, Favre looks like he's 50 while Young looks like he's 30.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
No one posting here knows enough about pro football to make this kind of call. That is unless I am mistaken and we have some people posting here that have been in the NFL in some capacity or another.

This post right here ^^^ should have been the end of the thread, but here we are 3-pages later. LOL
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Ummmmm you guys know what's missing for the WCO?

No what's REALLY missing?

A small versatile Offensive Line that can move past 5-9 yards down field in a quick amount of time that can run counters and traps and push guys off the Line using their weaknesses.

THAT's whats missing. I really hate when people seem to think that the WCO would be a great fit with this team. This ain't yor daddy's 49ers. And won't be so long as we have HUGE guys on the Line who get 4-5 yards downfield and are gassed.

The other important part we are missing? Another Bob McKittrick to be the lead General for that unit.

~Ceadder

Agreed, but I would still love to see it...

Nah, too old...

Funny thing is, Favre looks like he's 50 while Young looks like he's 30.

BWAAAAHAAHAAHHH!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone