There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

With an All-Pro Offensive Line Next Year, Do You Want Smith as Starter ?

With an All-Pro Offensive Line Next Year, Do You Want Smith as Starter ?

Member Milestone: This is post number 1,000 for Dajanksta.
Originally posted by NickV:
The whole team played like horse crap

and a bulls**t call by the refs doesn't help. f**k THE REFS THAT WAS ONE OF THE WORST CALLS IVE SEEN BECAUSE IT WAS SO OBVIOUS. f**k
[ Edited by Dajanksta on Nov 22, 2009 at 1:32 PM ]
Originally posted by ZRF80:
I mean.......what are we waiting for right ? Give the guy an extension; slot him in as starter for next year. Forget that he was inept the entire first half (thus putting us in position to lose). NO, NO, NO........it was all Raye and his sorry ass playcalling. But once we started spreading the offense, Alex shined like he was Tom Brady.

I mean......this is what you guys think right ? You dont think it has anything to do with the Packers softening up a bit on defense in the second half. It was pure Alex the Phoenix Smith.....finding ways of keeping our team in the game.

Did you listen to the broadcast at all? Brian Billick is not known to hold back his comments and he flat out said that Dom Capers does not go conservative, and that Smith did that against a real D.

Go ahead and keep spewing your Smith hatred, though.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Nov 22, 2009 at 1:33 PM ]

Indeed.

Why don't they use the spread formation in the first half? Why don't to they utilize Smith's supposed strength in the beginning?

I mean.......what are we waiting for right ? Give the guy an extension; slot him in as starter for next year. Forget that he was inept the entire first half (thus putting us in position to lose). NO, NO, NO........it was all Raye and his sorry ass playcalling. But once we started spreading the offense, Alex shined like he was Tom Brady.

I mean......this is what you guys think right ? You dont think it has anything to do with the Packers softening up a bit on defense in the second half. It was pure Alex the Phoenix Smith.....finding ways of keeping our team in the game.

they didn't soften up. they were still blitzing and playng agressive. they backed off a little after harris went down. but at that point alex was already playing well out of the spread.
b/c sing is as stubborn as mike nolan

Forget that he actually put us in a position to win it at the end

Originally posted by horsecore:

Indeed.

Why don't they use the spread formation in the first half? Why don't to they utilize Smith's supposed strength in the beginning?

because that would make sense. Not only does it play to Smith's strengths but to our #1 WR Crabtree's strengths as well.
  • iohk
  • Veteran
Cant blame him for today's loss..
Regardless if they softened or not, the Packers knew the pass was coming every play in the 2nd half and was still unable to stop it. A bunch of people said it before, Alex lined up under center in a two back formation sucks. Alex in the spread, money. How about the touch on some of those passes. The whole first half we tried to run it and it failed miserably. The Oline played way better in the second half, and what do you know? Smith lights it up....again. I blame this game a little on Smith, more so on Raye. IT WAS RAYE'S FAULT.
Everything ZRF posts on Alex Smith is sheer stupidity and retardedness. I wish all his Alex Smith thread would be merged into one!

I knew it!!!!! The MHSM is here to stay!!!!!
Originally posted by DonJulio:
Everything ZRF posts on Alex Smith is sheer stupidity and retardedness. I wish all his Alex Smith thread would be merged into one!

I second that
Originally posted by DonJulio:

we can call it the retardedness thread

So Billick was wrong when he said the Packers didnt soften up their defense?

But of course you fvcking know everything right? Whatever man. You've got to be one of the most irritating posters.

You're incredibly insightful in the parking lot. In Niner Talk...