There are 227 users in the forums

With an All-Pro Offensive Line Next Year, Do You Want Smith as Starter ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

With an All-Pro Offensive Line Next Year, Do You Want Smith as Starter ?

well after next year peytonmanningand tom brady are FAs, i say we sign both. after all you always need a good backup QB.
MORE Smith bashing? How many different ways do you have to say the same thing?

This is just plain weird. Smith Derangement Syndrome is a serious issue with some of the Zoners.

What a strange and odd condition.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
MORE Smith bashing? How many different ways do you have to say the same thing?

This is just plain weird. Smith Derangement Syndrome is a serious issue with some of the Zoners.

What a strange and odd condition.

Its just like the few guys on here who said, "I just dont like the way he looks/acts I just wanna hit him..." etc. Yeah its weird. The only time I feel like that about another guy is because I'm extremely jealous or I thought my gf could be attracted to him. I mean lets not be shy here.

The only reason one could "personally" hate someone without knowing them is because they represent someone in their life or someone who WAS in their life that caused them serious pain. Maybe a hot shot jock boned their gf when they were in school, who knows. It happens. I wouldnt hate on them for it. Just admit it though.

***I'll admit it: I NEVER liked JTO because he reminded me of a douchebag boss I had when I was in college. Real smug, condescending, but "edgy" which for some god forsaken reason caused everyone to gravitate towards him.

See?
[ Edited by LambdaChi49 on Nov 16, 2009 at 6:40 PM ]
  • TDking876
  • Info N/A
hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES!!!
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Buddy, im not an A.Smith hater, but he SUCKS!!!! Give some credit to our OL, please. (rodgers has the worst OL and HE beat the cryboys) i had some hope after the texans game, but he seems to b the same old smith. He even had a chance to even the score and he blew it, AGAIN!!! hopefully he can prove me wrong, give Nate a chance....

Rodgers did not beat the Cowboys, the Green Bay Packers did.

Not only that if you wanted to make the point that it was all about Rodgers in that game you'd be 100% wrong. He had a very average game and they had only scored a total of 3 points over the first 3 quarters. The GB offense was average at best yesterday, it was the GB defense that won that game.

Ok, let me retype---THE GREEN BAY PACKERS won the game, and your right. But the guy did good, if smith was their QB they would of lost 4 sure!! and i care less if hes a good QB (rodgers) or not "but the cryboys lost" and thats what matters to me. Where i live, im the only one with a 9er jersey that has #15, the other 300 fans r wearing a blue n white jersey w a star on it--give me a break...

If Smith was their QB he would have been brought up right and not been thrown into the fire by a coach that should write a book on how to ruin a #1 draft pick. You are right about the important part though...the cowb***hes suck!

Yes, cause the only way to ruin a draft pick is by letting them play.

Damn Z, you are beginning to look pathological man...let it go.

It is a great way to ruin a draft pick, throw him into the grinder with minimal talent. Man you are sounding really desperate now man, your poll shows that you are part of a small minority when it comes to who would rather have Smith than Hill. You are to the point of making yourself look like a fringe lunatic with your wild claims and ridiculous attempts to rationalize why Hill should still be out there. The plain fact is Smith is better for the team than Hill, the coaches see it, the majority of the fans see it, and they fans that don't seem to just be bitter to the point that Smith will never please them or bitter because that were foolish enough to think Hill was going to get this team to the playoffs. We have likely seen the last of Hill starting for the niners, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he isn't on the team next year unless we can't find a third stringer with a better arm.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Buddy, im not an A.Smith hater, but he SUCKS!!!! Give some credit to our OL, please. (rodgers has the worst OL and HE beat the cryboys) i had some hope after the texans game, but he seems to b the same old smith. He even had a chance to even the score and he blew it, AGAIN!!! hopefully he can prove me wrong, give Nate a chance....

Not only that if you wanted to make the point that it was all about Rodgers in that game you'd be 100% wrong. He had a very average game and they had only scored a total of 3 points over the first 3 quarters. The GB offense was average at best yesterday, it was the GB defense that won that game.

Ok, let me retype---THE GREEN BAY PACKERS won the game, and your right. But the guy did good, if smith was their QB they would of lost 4 sure!! and i care less if hes a good QB (rodgers) or not "but the cryboys lost" and thats what matters to me. Where i live, im the only one with a 9er jersey that has #15, the other 300 fans r wearing a blue n white jersey w a star on it--give me a break...

If Smith was their QB he would have been brought up right and not been thrown into the fire by a coach that should write a book on how to ruin a #1 draft pick. You are right about the important part though...the cowb***hes suck!

It is a great way to ruin a draft pick, throw him into the grinder with minimal talent. Man you are sounding really desperate now man, your poll shows that you are part of a small minority when it comes to who would rather have Smith than Hill. You are to the point of making yourself look like a fringe lunatic with your wild claims and ridiculous attempts to rationalize why Hill should still be out there. The plain fact is Smith is better for the team than Hill, the coaches see it, the majority of the fans see it, and they fans that don't seem to just be bitter to the point that Smith will never please them or bitter because that were foolish enough to think Hill was going to get this team to the playoffs. We have likely seen the last of Hill starting for the niners, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he isn't on the team next year unless we can't find a third stringer with a better arm.
  • ZRF80

Forget Hill. If Smith is still on this squad after what he's done for us lately, God help us.............

Forget Hill. If Smith is still on this squad after what he's done for us lately, God help us.............

Why not go be a Colts or Patriots fan. I hear they are in the market for more bandwagon fans.
  • B650
  • Veteran

What has he done lately? Rallied the 49ers from 21 points down because of Hill, lost to an undefeated Colts team by 4 points, lost at home to Tennessee by a touchdown, and beaten the Bears on national television.

Yeah, cut him now.

Originally posted by B650:

What has he done lately? Rallied the 49ers from 21 points down because of Hill, lost to an undefeated Colts team by 4 points, lost at home to Tennessee by a touchdown, and beaten the Bears on national television.

Yeah, cut him now.

but but he threw 6 INT's while 4 of them came from tipped passes by WR's. I can't take it anymore cut him now please
If Hill is on this roster next season I'll be disappointed. Time to let him go.

Matt said the likely starter for next year is probably Smith unless he shows otherwise these next games. I'd give him next year with all pro offensive line. what the f**k do I know I just don't trust any of the "top rated" qb prospects this season
  • ZRF80
I mean.......what are we waiting for right ? Give the guy an extension; slot him in as starter for next year. Forget that he was inept the entire first half (thus putting us in position to lose). NO, NO, NO........it was all Raye and his sorry ass playcalling. But once we started spreading the offense, Alex shined like he was Tom Brady.

I mean......this is what you guys think right ? You dont think it has anything to do with the Packers softening up a bit on defense in the second half. It was pure Alex the Phoenix Smith.....finding ways of keeping our team in the game.

• NickV
  • Veteran
The whole team played like horse crap
Imagine what his stats would have been if the play calling wasn't that to hinder the offense in the first half.
Share 49ersWebzone