There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith 33 starts without a 300 yard passing game

This just in: When WRs RUN after the CATCH, those yards are included in a QB's passing total.

Little to no RAC = lower passing numbers.

[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Nov 14, 2009 at 09:32:50 ]
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Steve young played in over 40 games before he had a 300 yd game!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

STARTS

Starts, played in...

It was more than 33 starts! I think it was about 36-37.

even so, Young is a rarity. By that logic fans should support every bad QB for 40+ starts because he could be just like Steve Young. With an attitude like that amongst our franchise leaders....you better get use to season endings in december.
April 20, 1984

In an otherwise meaningless game in the second season of the fledging United States Football League, Young makes history by becoming the first player in pro football to rush for more than 100 yards and pass for more than 300 yards in the same game.
Keep in mind that in recent years the rules have been changed to favor the passing game. Only a s**tty qb would go as long as Smith has without a 300 yard game. I believe his only hope of reaching 300 would be if our opponent gains a large lead and then goes to a prevent defense.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
April 20, 1984

In an otherwise meaningless game in the second season of the fledging United States Football League, Young makes history by becoming the first player in pro football to rush for more than 100 yards and pass for more than 300 yards in the same game.

The USFL was a semi pro league as far as talent went. They tried to sign some big time players for name recognition but the talent level was not up to par with the NFL.
Smith is f**ken garbage...plain and simple.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by TheCatch:
Originally posted by crzy:
Interesting stats

Peyton Manning threw for 300+ yards in his NFL start
Tom Brady threw for 300+ yards in his 4th NFL start
Tim Couch threw for 300+ yards in his 17th NFL start
David Carr threw for 300+ yards in his 21st NFL start

Alex Smith has 33 starts so far without a 300 yard passing game.

I hear its not his fault.

How many does Hill have?

Shaun Hill had a 300+ yard passing game last year in his 5th NFL start.

Just saying.

Under Martz' system. O'sullivan also had a 300 yard game last year. I dont think its an issue. Smith needs to finish up the year. If he sucks, the team moves on. At least they will know.

I don't buy this. Alex threw forty times last week and still couldn't get 300.
Keep in mind that in recent years the rules have been changed to favor the passing game. Only a s**tty qb would go as long as Smith has without a 300 yard game. I believe his only hope of reaching 300 would be if our opponent gains a large lead and then goes to a prevent defense.

excellent point
Originally posted by Gelder:
Jay Cutler threw for over 300 yards against us.

That worked out well.

Yeah cutler was thinking the same thing.
And who exactly Was Smith suppose to be throwing these 300 yd games too? Cause we have been so stacked at WR he should have had ten 300 yd games by now right?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

This.

Forget 300 yards. Smith rarely throws for over 200 yards!

Let's look at his starts so far this season. I exclude the 2nd half of the Texans game becuase the Texans were clearly not as aggressive on defense in the 2nd half with that huge lead and had not game planned for Smith. For that reason I'm looking only at the games Smith started.

Colts game: 198 yards passing

Titans game: 286 yards passing. That includes an 80 yard garbage time drive that happened in the final 3 minutes of the 4th qtr AFTER the Titans had put the game away by taking a two td lead.

Bears game: 118 yards passing

Summary: Smith sucks.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

This.

Forget 300 yards. Smith rarely throws for over 200 yards!

Let's look at his starts so far this season. I exclude the 2nd half of the Texans game becuase the Texans were clearly not as aggressive on defense in the 2nd half with that huge lead and had not game planned for Smith. For that reason I'm looking only at the games Smith started.

Colts game: 198 yards passing

Titans game: 286 yards passing. That includes an 80 yard garbage time drive that happened in the final 3 minutes of the 4th qtr AFTER the Titans had put the game away by taking a two td lead.

Bears game: 118 yards passing

Summary: Smith sucks.

You don't know that. He needs 7 years before we can even start to judge him
Some qbs have a signature move. Montana had his arms raised td celebration. Farve has his jump around like a f*g after a TD. Smith has two signature moves.

#1 Roll right and throw the ball out of bounds.

#2 Throw the ball 6 feet above the wrs head if there is any passrush or if the game is on the line..

[ Edited by nflguy49 on Nov 14, 2009 at 09:52:47 ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
He threw for 206 in 2 quarters at Houston . . . so if you extrapolate you could say he's had one 400 yard game . . .

Singletary let him loose that's why. Smith has been playing with one arm tied behind his back ever since.

How will we know if he can be a franchise quarterback if the coaching staff doesn't let him hang it all out? Their playing him way to careful.