There are 253 users in the forums

Alex Smith 33 starts without a 300 yard passing game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
First Smith's performances are due weak second half defenses. Now it is due to weak first half defense. You Smith haters refuse to just admit that Smith isn't he problem.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by backontop:
First Smith's performances are due weak second half defenses. Now it is due to weak first half defense. You Smith haters refuse to just admit that Smith isn't he problem.

I think the answer to everyone's question (haters + supporters) is CONSISTENCY. Now we found anf offensive scheme that Alex can excel in. Time to put it to the test. We have every opportunity to make the playoffs this season, and we all know that the gameplan from now til the end will be Spread 'em offense.

Lets see if Alex can split Ds that come prepared for this scheme.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by 49ersking:
While I'm enjoying this win, the question also lingers: how much of Alex's stats are due to a weak Jaguars secondary?
The OLINE performed really well today, which is a bit odd as well.

I guess as Alex has good games, "consistently", these doubts would probably go away automatically. Until then, part of being a QB under scrutiny.

i have yet to see alex smith play well in 2 consecutive games. we'll see

He had a 5 td stretch in consecutive wins back in 06 but yeah, performances can't be measured on pure numbers. I'm hoping he can put together 6 consecutive good starts lol
Originally posted by crzy:
Interesting stats

Peyton Manning threw for 300+ yards in his NFL start
Tom Brady threw for 300+ yards in his 4th NFL start
Tim Couch threw for 300+ yards in his 17th NFL start
David Carr threw for 300+ yards in his 21st NFL start

Alex Smith has 33 starts so far without a 300 yard passing game.

33 games with crzy on suicide watch.

~Ceadder

Yes he is. He's always been the problem of the team the City the State and the Nation.

When will you people learn that Alex Smith is the blight on humanity.

Okay sorry bout that guys I was channeling ZRF80 there for a second. But I'm back to my normal lovable self.

~Ceadder
Interesting stats

cant pass for that much yards when you play marty/raye ball
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by dave1003:
I am watching his post-game question and answer right now, and he seems more confident every week when answering. And the columnists are giving him some love. The only thing, the only little thing I would change if I were him... his shirts. He wears the same damn shirt every week after the game. Oh well, lets focus, because we may still have a shot at making the playoffs. Go 9ers!

the fact that you've noticed that worries me a little

I am just sayin... dude looked like a k mart special ad..

I am watching his post-game question and answer right now, and he seems more confident every week when answering. And the columnists are giving him some love. The only thing, the only little thing I would change if I were him... his shirts. He wears the same damn shirt every week after the game. Oh well, lets focus, because we may still have a shot at making the playoffs. Go 9ers!

Hey man, players have game day rituals. Win or Lose they NEVER break from it. Alex's is that shirt. Let the man have that much will you?

~Ceadder
Originally posted by ZRF80:

I think the answer to everyone's question (haters + supporters) is CONSISTENCY. Now we found anf offensive scheme that Alex can excel in. Time to put it to the test. We have every opportunity to make the playoffs this season, and we all know that the gameplan from now til the end will be Spread 'em offense.

Lets see if Alex can split Ds that come prepared for this scheme.

You are right, playing this offense Alex knows well, we will see at the end of the year what we got in a quarterback.

Interesting stats

If you could compare their dropped pass stats I'd be more interested.

If we had some better screen plays, he might reach 300.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Hey man, players have game day rituals. Win or Lose they NEVER break from it. Alex's is that shirt. Let the man have that much will you?

~Ceadder

I was kidding... But I hope he can duplicate what he did today against the hawks.

Go 9ERS!
I hope they play as well as they did this week - i have tickets to the game and it is really going to suck to be in my normal jersey - scarf hat and sweater and LOOOSE to the SeaPigeons
Isnt it inside a dome? Or am I mistaken? Just had a brain fart..
Share 49ersWebzone