Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by TheCatch:
Originally posted by crzy:
Interesting stats

Peyton Manning threw for 300+ yards in his NFL start
Tom Brady threw for 300+ yards in his 4th NFL start
Tim Couch threw for 300+ yards in his 17th NFL start
David Carr threw for 300+ yards in his 21st NFL start

Alex Smith has 33 starts so far without a 300 yard passing game.

I hear its not his fault.

How many does Hill have?

Shaun Hill had a 300+ yard passing game last year in his 5th NFL start.

Just saying.

How'd that turn out for him?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by TheCatch:
Interesting stats

Peyton Manning threw for 300+ yards in his NFL start
Tom Brady threw for 300+ yards in his 4th NFL start
Tim Couch threw for 300+ yards in his 17th NFL start
David Carr threw for 300+ yards in his 21st NFL start

Alex Smith has 33 starts so far without a 300 yard passing game.

I hear its not his fault.

How many does Hill have?

Shaun Hill had a 300+ yard passing game last year in his 5th NFL start.

Just saying.

How'd that turn out for him?

turned out great for him, I hear he is the starter on the scout team
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Why is 300 yards your definition of QB success?

Because it's an obvious measure of a quarterback's ability to move his football team down the field.

It's no surprise that the three quarterbacks with the most 300 yard passing games are named Marino, Manning, and Favre.

I find it equally interesting that these passing queens have 2 Superbowls betwixt the three of them. Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, Tom Brady won more often when it counted. To me, passing titles are kinda meaningless without the hardware. Marino: the greatest QB who never won a Superbowl. Or was it Fran Tarkenton? Actually, WGAS?

Now before the knee jerking begins, I'm not a big AS supporter. I just want a QB who can win us games. And yeah it would be nice to see a 48-13 victory once in a while-just to know the team can kick some ass when it wants to. Is AS that guy? It looks more and more likely that he probably isn't. I guess it softens the blow a little that at least he isn't a Class A douche bag.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by TDilvr:

Because it's an obvious measure of a quarterback's ability to move his football team down the field.

It's no surprise that the three quarterbacks with the most 300 yard passing games are named Marino, Manning, and Favre.

I find it equally interesting that these passing queens have 2 Superbowls betwixt the three of them. Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, Tom Brady won more often when it counted. To me, passing titles are kinda meaningless without the hardware. Marino: the greatest QB who never won a Superbowl. Or was it Fran Tarkenton? Actually, WGAS?

Now before the knee jerking begins, I'm not a big AS supporter. I just want a QB who can win us games. And yeah it would be nice to see a 48-13 victory once in a while-just to know the team can kick some ass when it wants to. Is AS that guy? It looks more and more likely that he probably isn't. I guess it softens the blow a little that at least he isn't a Class A douche bag.

I agree with you, but I think you should read between the lines a little. The point here is that guys like Montana, Brady, and Bradshaw had the ability to throw for 300 yards when they needed to. Could you say the same for any of our QBs since Jeff Garcia ?
Originally posted by ZRF80:

I agree with you, but I think you should read between the lines a little. The point here is that guys like Montana, Brady, and Bradshaw had the ability to throw for 300 yards when they needed to. Could you say the same for any of our QBs since Jeff Garcia ?

It Never Stops!!!!!!!!!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

It Never Stops!!!!!!!!!

Those guys had OLs and excellent coaches.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

It Never Stops!!!!!!!!!

Those guys had OLs and excellent coaches.

Are you calling Raye a horrible coach
its probably best to start Hill... bench him after 3snaps.. put in alex.. have him throw 3-4tds... then replace him with Hill in the 4rth quarter for the best QB play this team can get! lol
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Noob:
I find it equally interesting that these passing queens have 2 Superbowls betwixt the three of them.

Joe Montana passed for 40,000+ yards and had 39 career 300+ passing games, including a record 6 300+ yard passing games in the postseason (tied by Peyton Manning).
[ Edited by crzy on Nov 17, 2009 at 12:13 AM ]
Just bumping this just in case.

he actually lost yardage on he last two throws
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Just bumping this just in case.

We'll never pass for 300 yards unless we're losing the whole game and we actually start with the spread.

He was on pace to do it today but with the lead we started to turtle up again.
Maybe it would be more appropriate to bump the Alex "Rise of Phoenix" thread today.
Originally posted by 49erWill:

Nothing like running 2 yd passes the ENTIRE second half. Looks like Rays balls shriveled up in the seconds half.

Oh well. He will get 300 Yds soon. Just glad the Alex haters are nice and quiet today, wondering why the voodoo dolls aren't working. probably forgot to change the batteries. lol.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
He didn't get it today but no one can complain about his first half performance. It remains to be seen whether or not it was a fluke though.
Share 49ersWebzone