There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Did Shaun Hill do/say something wrong?

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Now -- before you get excited -- hear me out kids. Yes, indeed, I am sober this morning and thinking somewhat rational thoughts. This is not another "bash Alex" thread nor is it a "I love Shaun's jockstrap" thread.

In the space of less than eight games -- he went from clear #1 to not even so much as a mention. To me? That's seems strange. It just doesn't smell right.

Which makes me wonder.... What -- if anything -- did he do wrong? He's been awfully quiet lately. No Hill quotes that I've seen.

Am I dreaming? Or is there smoke there?

Hill said something about how it was a mistake to cut rossum.
Originally posted by fister30:
Now -- before you get excited -- hear me out kids. Yes, indeed, I am sober this morning and thinking somewhat rational thoughts. This is not another "bash Alex" thread nor is it a "I love Shaun's jockstrap" thread.

In the space of less than eight games -- he went from clear #1 to not even so much as a mention. To me? That's seems strange. It just doesn't smell right.

Which makes me wonder.... What -- if anything -- did he do wrong? He's been awfully quiet lately. No Hill quotes that I've seen.

Hill said something about how it was a mistake to cut rossum.

LOL are you guys really searching for a conspiracy theory pointing to why Hill got benched? That Sing didn't like him? You guys are grasping at straws here. The reason Hill got benched is HE SUCKS, his ARM SUCKS, he CAN'T back off the defense, it KILLED our running game, and he's NOT just a winner, he has a record of 3-3 this season and lost 3 of his last 4. You want to say Alex sucks? Fine. But atleast he can make more throws and open up the running game. Hill got benched because HE COULDN'T DO ANYTHING. There was no alterior motives. Hill is a nice guy, a smart QB, but physically he's awful. There's no alterior motives here. Sing has nothing against him. He just realizes Hill doesn't give this team the best shot to win.
No, he didn't say anything wrong. He got an opportunity and it was painfully obvious to anyone who knows anything about football that he is not a starting NFL QB. Putting it lightly, his arm is extremely limited. Good backup cause he doesn't make many mistakes and could be a stopgap. The coaching staff wants to go with someone who at the least can attempt most NFL throws.
Originally posted by sacniner:
No, he didn't say anything wrong. He got an opportunity and it was painfully obvious to anyone who knows anything about football that he is not a starting NFL QB. Putting it lightly, his arm is extremely limited. Good backup cause he doesn't make many mistakes and could be a stopgap. The coaching staff wants to go with someone who at the least can attempt most NFL throws.

[/thread]
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
Maybe Singletray really means it when he says that Alex is playing because he gives us the best chance to win. I would agree with him.

Our offense was terrible the first few four games of the season, minus some Gore highlights. At least it's entertaining now.
Matt Barrows agrees with Singletary's assessment that Alex Smith had a good game.
  • B650
  • Veteran

He also went fishing on his bye week while Smith was throwing passes to our new toy.
Originally posted by B650:

He also went fishing on his bye week while Smith was throwing passes to our new toy.

Yeah I never understood that.

It could be that Smith was already the guy, but if so why even Start Hill against Houston?

For a guy that is supposed to be a leader he sure as hell wadn't actin like one. Yeah you gotta take your breaks when you can get em, but when your team is trying to bring a Rookie 1st string WR along, you take a pass on fishing an instead help get the guy up to speed.

In any case I think Shaun saw the handwriting on the wall.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Nov 14, 2009 at 15:50:17 ]
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

It could be that Smith was already the guy, but if so why even Start Hill against Houston?

For a guy that is supposed to be a leader he sure as hell wadn't actin like one. Yeah you gotta take your breaks when you can get em, but when your team is trying to bring a Rookie 1st string WR along, you take a pass on fishing an instead help get the guy up to speed.

~Ceadder

I remember reading something where Hill said something along the lines of Crabtree has to get used to him and not the other way around.

Maybe he was joking but just putting it out there.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Matt Barrows agrees with Singletary's assessment that Alex Smith had a good game.

Oh but but Barrows is a Alecks luveening homer dood!
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
In all fairness to Hill he doesn't live in the Bay area and Alex Smith does. Smith's wife was taking classes or some such thing and he wasn't going anywhere anyway.

It's nice that he came in to work instead of sitting at home playing Madden 10, but it wasn't that big a sacrifice for him.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Plain and simple, not going to happen because Hill cannot make the throws for those plays to be called. His throws hang up in the air for so long Mark Roman could pick him off. Hill is likely done as a 49er, there isn't one team in the NFL he could start for except maybe Cleveland.

He wouldn't start for the Raiders?

Yes, he did do something wrong. He played like complete garbage in all but two quarters through 5.5 games this season. It's simple.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

~Ceadder

I remember reading something where Hill said something along the lines of Crabtree has to get used to him and not the other way around.

Maybe he was joking but just putting it out there.

Not when you average 150 yards per game and throw floating ducks. Crabtree is doing just fine with Alex, and I bet that's what Crabtree wanted all along. When you don't have talent, you have to go out of your way to make things happen. Put in extra work, cancel fishing trips, etc.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Plain and simple, not going to happen because Hill cannot make the throws for those plays to be called. His throws hang up in the air for so long Mark Roman could pick him off. Hill is likely done as a 49er, there isn't one team in the NFL he could start for except maybe Cleveland.

He wouldn't start for the Raiders?

Davis loves the vertical game. Heyward-Bay wouldn't be lighting it up as much with a QB like Hill.