There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Did Shaun Hill do/say something wrong?

Not saying or reading anything into it, but I saw Nate Davis with the clipboard, standing near Sigletary last thursday, that is generally the job of the Back-up QB.
Slept with his daughter
he failed to fool ALOT of idiots and get himself somehow talked about as a viable 1st pick candidate.

thats what he did wrong.

All Alex has is Utah......and complete morons are riding that until the wheels fall off.

Kind of like Delhomme and that great Super Bowl performance.....he has been pimping that illusion forever
Originally posted by danimal:
he failed to fool ALOT of idiots and get himself somehow talked about as a viable 1st pick candidate.

thats what he did wrong.

All Alex has is Utah......and complete morons are riding that until the wheels fall off.

Kind of like Delhomme and that great Super Bowl performance.....he has been pimping that illusion forever

Hill got benched with a 77.6 passer rating, Alex gets a vote of confidence with a 77.5 WTF, they both suck, the only thing Smith has over Hill is that he is still learning and MIGHT improve, while Hill is what is Hill is and will pretty much be what he is.

Three things

1) Get a real NFL QB (Alex might be one)
2) Get one good Guard
3) Fire Gregg Forester
That would make this offense a good NFL offense!
While I'm at it
We are one great Safety and a half way decent pass rusher away from a dominating Defense!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

thats what he did wrong.

Hill got benched with a 77.6 passer rating, Alex gets a vote of confidence with a 77.5 WTF, they both suck, the only thing Smith has over Hill is that he is still learning and MIGHT improve, while Hill is what is Hill is and will pretty much be what he is.

Three things

2) Get one good Guard
3) Fire Gregg Forester
While I'm at it
We are one great Safety and a half way decent pass rusher away from a dominating Defense!

nvm

[ Edited by danimal on Nov 14, 2009 at 09:50:13 ]
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
It is obvious to almost everyone that Smith is better for the offense than Hill. Hill has been exposed for what he is, a career third stringer. He was never a sure fire starter, there is not one other team in the NFL he could start for. I am not saying Smith will be the guy to lead the niners, he has much to prove to me before I feel comfortable with that. Hill just was in over his head, he is a gutsy guy, but guts aren't all it takes to play quarterback in the NFL. I think the coaches feel that Smith can still be taught how to play in the NFL, and they are going to make sure before they spend another draft pick on a QB and set the teams progress back a couple of more years. I think Smith has the intelligence and work ethic to continue to improve, I do not see why everyone freaks out when a guy coming back from an eighteen month layoff due to a serious shoulder injury seems to struggle a bit. I expected him to struggle, but to continue to show improvement over the course of the year. I do not think it is as unreasonable as those who obviously expected him to come back sharp out of the gate and play at a pro bowl level. He has shown me signs of improving and the mistakes he makes now are more from lack of NFL experience than from lack of talent, some of you guys just deal only in absolutes, so you get disappointed to easily.

Absolutely right, Memphis. Great post. Sometimes I have to remind myself the same thing. The second half of the season is his proving ground. Don't f*ck it up Alex.
Until the oline is rebuilt it does not matter who is the qb cause there is no time to progress through reads. Its three steps and chuck it.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

thats what he did wrong.

Three things

2) Get one good Guard
3) Fire Gregg Forester
While I'm at it

2 guards and a tackle
Any HC that starts a QB, then benches him, then starts him again is asking for a disaster and trust issues with his team.

Bottom line Alex is the better of the two and that's why he's starting.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Alex Smith is completing 64% of his passess. I think he is better than he ever was since he came into the league in 2005. I remember reading somewhere that a play off Qb had to complete 60% of his passess and have more TD's then INTS, the latter is where he has to improve on.

The play calling in the 2nd half was very conservative, compared to the agressiveness that they showed in the first half
Originally posted by 9erReign:
You are seeing what you want to see. Alex has played better than Hill. You see the extra running room for gore? That comes from defenses respecting Alexs arm.

That's not going to last much longer. Once teams realize Smith doesn't throw the ball down field or pretty much anywhere like the second half Thursday night our offense will look even worse.
Bill I think the deceision has come down from management (McClueless) that they want to see Alex play.
Originally posted by tohara3:
The offense was just completely compressed to a short field with Hill's arm strength & the o-line. Smith makes the WR more of a threat to the defense. I don't think Shaun did anything wrong.
Originally posted by susweel:
Bill I think the deceision has come down from management (McClueless) that they want to see Alex play.

So, does this mean that management is calling the shots then? On issues of who starts and who doesn't?

That's pretty ballsy. I'm surprised that Singletary would agree to such a setup. Can you imagine John McVay or Eddie D. telling Bill Walsh who to start and who to bench?

I can imagine imagine Bill's two word response -- starting with the letters of "F" and "Y."

Interesting observation sus. I didn't know that.
  • TFSP
Originally posted by 9erReign:
You are seeing what you want to see. Alex has played better than Hill. You see the extra running room for gore? That comes from defenses respecting Alexs arm.

No, that's coming from the o-linemen being in the spread formation, keeping the defense on its heels(I hope people know that the spread offense doesn't mean 'wrs spreaded out).