There are 173 users in the forums

Takeo Spikes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • KevMoWong
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I love Spikes...easily one of my favorite players

Seriously... if we get rid of Spikes next year, who else left on the roster will be able to intimidate the other team just by the shear size of their neck?

I love me some Spikes... he's been great for this team.
i will cry when spikes leaves this team..he's like willis' big brother and can dance..it will be a sad day when i don't see 52 and 51 running out of the tunnel side by side
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
i will cry when spikes leaves this team..he's like willis' big brother and can dance..it will be a sad day when i don't see 52 and 51 running out of the tunnel side by side

lol ima miss his dancing esp...
TKO will definitely be back,after that maybe it's time to find his replacement!
Man, I LOVE Takeo Spikes! Takeo Spikes is a bada** moth*****ker and I appreciate his mad game! I love his intensity (have you ever heard of him taking a play off?), and the way he plays off of Patrick Willis (Hey, I got an interception for a touchdown What You Got??)! I hope he will start for us next year and be a role model for the next ILB in line, if he finishes the season, I don't know. Such is life in the NFL!
[ Edited by 666SF666SF on Dec 28, 2009 at 11:50 PM ]
i think he has another year left on his contract and his play hasnt dropped off so i think he'll be back next year. if not, he better teach willis all his dance moves before he leaves
Originally posted by susweel:
One of the better signings that McClueless has made.

Great pick up!!! Pat Willis loves him too! Make sure Patrick is happy!!
  • BrickWillis
  • Info N/A
Spikes and Willis have been great clogging the middl together. keep it goin
Spikes has been great for this team, I wish he was 3 years younger, we would have the best LB corps in due time.
I love spikes too, he has done well for our team and i think he still has a good year maybe even 2 left in him. But i think if Rolando Mcclain should fall to us with our first pick we should get him. He will be the best insurance plan and i think he also is one of the best mlb prospect to come along since willis.

Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Give the guy a break, he's old. He's been great for the Niners, so I hope he can keep playing.

Right! To add to your point, Ray Lewis is older and just made the pro bowl again. I'm not saying Spikes is Ray Lewis. What I am saying is that Spikes is still a playmaker and can still get it done.
[ Edited by kemp_j on Dec 30, 2009 at 5:02 AM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:

I was SOOOOOO Wrong about Takeo....his first year here, he was missing tackles and taking the wrong angles, giving up 1st downs....and I was b*tching like crazy....felt the game had passed him by.

but no, he has made a believer out of me, he has played some outstanding football... I was asking someone if they also thought that maybe playing along side Willis has made him a better football player.....like it has installed a new desire or has somehow elevated his game to new proportions....

its probably both the coaching and the energy he and Patrick feed off each other.

the way he played yesterday with the angles he took, the push he got on blockers, to that play where he knocked down that TE and then ran after the QB....its like he is a totally different player than he was in recent years with the Eagles/Bills.

Dude has been a beast the last 3-4 weeks, the last 2 weeks really stand out.
Spikes is everything you want in a veteran players. He is highly productive, a team leader and a mentor (Particularly to the best player on our team). I hope the guy stays around.
Originally posted by Hawaii49erfan:
I love spikes too, he has done well for our team and i think he still has a good year maybe even 2 left in him. But i think if Rolando Mcclain should fall to us with our first pick we should get him. He will be the best insurance plan and i think he also is one of the best mlb prospect to come along since willis.

I think Spikes is too important to this young defense to replace him wih a rookie. He is the only real vocal veteran leader on our defense. Like Singaltery, it comes natural to him.

Have you ever watch video of Willis trying to pump the team up with a speech...
It's almost sad.
Share 49ersWebzone