LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

Takeo Spikes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
The middle of the defense of Spikes/Willis and Smith/Franklin/Sopoaga is one of the best in football and probably the best out of the 3-4's.

Spikes will be here next year too.

I know that sopoaga look great in practive than real games.. it is different compare it... Sopoage played well in real games.. Lawson is played well.. Haralson is played well.. the defenses got lack with sacks!
Lawson is starting to get media love each and every week.

sure has but he needs to quit stopping just before getting to the qb. don't get me wrong I really like dudes play.
He is going to be 33 in December. Its definately time to start looking for a long term solution.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
He is going to be 33 in December. Its definately time to start looking for a long term solution.

rolando maclain
last year with the team.
Finally! A player who slammed down a potential receiver once the QB was out of the pocket!

This needs to happen more often but with DBs. There was another game I saw yesterday where the DB pushed down the receiver once the QB was in his rollout.

WR and QB were clamoring for PI or Illegal Contact but as most don't know, it's all up for grabs once the QB leaves the pocket.

We are a much better defense with Spikes in the game and I hope he has a few more years in him before he slows down.
I love Spikes...easily one of my favorite players
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
One of the better signings that McClueless has made.
He should go on Dancing with the Stars with his dancing talents
Originally posted by susweel:
One of the better signings that McClueless has made.

I was SOOOOOO Wrong about Takeo....his first year here, he was missing tackles and taking the wrong angles, giving up 1st downs....and I was b*tching like crazy....felt the game had passed him by.

but no, he has made a believer out of me, he has played some outstanding football... I was asking someone if they also thought that maybe playing along side Willis has made him a better football player.....like it has installed a new desire or has somehow elevated his game to new proportions....

its probably both the coaching and the energy he and Patrick feed off each other.

the way he played yesterday with the angles he took, the push he got on blockers, to that play where he knocked down that TE and then ran after the QB....its like he is a totally different player than he was in recent years with the Eagles/Bills.

^^ Same here. I was very skeptical of him when he was first signed.

I'm really glad to see that he's become a big part of not just the defense, but the team.

-9fA
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by asu49ers:
Anyone here concerned about the durablilty of Takeo. He has been getting injured quite frequently. Many feel this may be his last year (link ). Will this be his last year as a starting MLB for the niners? If so, how many of you have faith in Scott McKillop

this will not be his last year....he's a captain and a great mentor to Patrick Willis. Besides that Spikes signed a 2 year deal this offseason at reasonable $. I don't trust most of what ESPN reports, sure he's 32 and has had a couple injuries but they are minor injuries and he is still a very good supporting ILB that wants to be a 9er.

I do not have faith in Scott McKillop yet, and neither does the coaching staff as evidence yesterday when he was pullled in favor of Wilhem? well whoever #57 is that's from the chargers. Spikes needs to be allowed to atleast play out his contract here.

Yeah, I saw that #57 is Wilhem from the chargers. i dont know who is Wilhem.. So Wilhem look good play better than mckillop or Spikes.. I think too well

wilhem played well but he is not as good as spikes

Wilhelm is a solid backup nonetheless.
yea i hope spikes stays at least another year to groom his replacement we get in fa or da draft, not including mckillop
i like spikes & i KINDA hope he stays but he looked slow in the philly game. him & lewis will be liabilities next year when we play a team with real speed & not just football speed. IMO
Originally posted by calinig4life:
i like spikes & i KINDA hope he stays but he looked slow in the philly game. him & lewis will be liabilities next year when we play a team with real speed & not just football speed. IMO

Are you saying that other players from other teams carry around Meth with them during the games?
Share 49ersWebzone