LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Takeo Spikes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anyone here concerned about the durablilty of Takeo. He has been getting injured quite frequently. Many feel this may be his last year (link ). Will this be his last year as a starting MLB for the niners? If so, how many of you have faith in Scott McKillop
Originally posted by asu49ers:
Anyone here concerned about the durablilty of Takeo. He has been getting injured quite frequently. Many feel this may be his last year (link ). Will this be his last year as a starting MLB for the niners? If so, how many of you have faith in Scott McKillop

this will not be his last year....he's a captain and a great mentor to Patrick Willis. Besides that Spikes signed a 2 year deal this offseason at reasonable $. I don't trust most of what ESPN reports, sure he's 32 and has had a couple injuries but they are minor injuries and he is still a very good supporting ILB that wants to be a 9er.

I do not have faith in Scott McKillop yet, and neither does the coaching staff as evidence yesterday when he was pullled in favor of Wilhem? well whoever #57 is that's from the chargers. Spikes needs to be allowed to atleast play out his contract here.
Give the guy a break, he's old. He's been great for the Niners, so I hope he can keep playing.
Originally posted by matt49er:

this will not be his last year....he's a captain and a great mentor to Patrick Willis. Besides that Spikes signed a 2 year deal this offseason at reasonable $. I don't trust most of what ESPN reports, sure he's 32 and has had a couple injuries but they are minor injuries and he is still a very good supporting ILB that wants to be a 9er.

I do not have faith in Scott McKillop yet, and neither does the coaching staff as evidence yesterday when he was pullled in favor of Wilhem? well whoever #57 is that's from the chargers. Spikes needs to be allowed to atleast play out his contract here.

Yeah, I saw that #57 is Wilhem from the chargers. i dont know who is Wilhem.. So Wilhem look good play better than mckillop or Spikes.. I think too well
meh hes only had a shoulder sprain and strained hammy right? missed one game? that's natural for football
He was injury prone before they signed him. It was expected.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by matt49er:

Yeah, I saw that #57 is Wilhem from the chargers. i dont know who is Wilhem.. So Wilhem look good play better than mckillop or Spikes.. I think too well

wilhem played well but he is not as good as spikes
I agree with what most of you are saying. ILB is a tough position to play. They get hit almost every play so it must be hard on his body. He'll be fine. Its not like he's had any major injuries and he's still managed to play well and be a good leader for us. Let him play out his contract because he's been a good player for us
The middle of the defense of Spikes/Willis and Smith/Franklin/Sopoaga is one of the best in football and probably the best out of the 3-4's.

Spikes will be here next year too.
The guy is old at a tough position, injuries happen.

Originally posted by Schulzy:
The middle of the defense of Spikes/Willis and Smith/Franklin/Sopoaga is one of the best in football and probably the best out of the 3-4's.

yeah too bad our pass rushers suck
Mike Sando mentions Bernard Berrian in his article.

He's been a Viking going on three seasons.

I know that sopoaga look great in practive than real games.. it is different compare it... Sopoage played well in real games.. Lawson is played well.. Haralson is played well.. the defenses got lack with sacks!

I wasn't looking at his neck, man.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

I know that sopoaga look great in practive than real games.. it is different compare it... Sopoage played well in real games.. Lawson is played well.. Haralson is played well.. the defenses got lack with sacks!
Lawson is starting to get media love each and every week.
Share 49ersWebzone