There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith and the home field Disadvantage

• irief
  • Veteran
Is it just me or does AS just play worse at home in front of Niner fans? I'll need see how he does in the remaining road games, but I just have this impression that he's kind of uptight and traumatized when playing at candlestick, and that he plays more loosely and with more confidence when on the road.

This doesn't mean I'm jumping on or off of the AS bandwagon, but it's just an observation.
If Alex Smith has ever logged on here.......that could explain it.

"My God, they all KNOW....well most of them anyway"
I was thinking this too, after the Titans game. It seems he has the fans in the back of his mind when he plays at home. Maybe he's trying so hard not to mess up in front of us that it just gets him out of the game completely.
Alex Smith sucks at home and on the road.
Yeah, he plays better on the road for now. He looks a lot more comfortable. That will go away eventually I think.
Another Alex thread...
Lately he seems a little worse at home and better on the road. I can't say there is anything to it. You are looking at a very small sample size. It is possible he feels less pressure away from home. The home fans have really gotten on him sometimes. In an away environment everybody is against you so maybe he feels he has nothing to lose and for that reason it's less pressure.

But we could be reading too much into this. Singletary said he called a conservative game plan. That had as much to do with it as anything.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Lately he seems a little worse at home and better on the road. I can't say there is anything to it. You are looking at a very small sample size. It is possible he feels less pressure away from home. The home fans have really gotten on him sometimes. In an away environment everybody is against you so maybe he feels he has nothing to lose and for that reason it's less pressure.

But we could be reading too much into this. Singletary said he called a conservative game plan. That had as much to do with it as anything.

Good post. See how he finishes the year off.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

this
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

this

Great input.

-9fA
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Another Alex thread...

seriously......
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Another Alex thread...

seriously......

The AlexSmith virus is spreading faster then the Swine flu.