LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Not a Sexy topic....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gollita you are spot on. It is obvious that the offensive line and OL coaching means nothing to McCloughan and the rest of the Niner coaching staff and management. Warhop had a horrible record as a OL Coach prior to Foerster taking over. McCloughan said he will never overpay for a guard , that they are a dime a dozen. Well, we know now that they are not all created equally. Nolan, who did not know offense from squat hired Foerster from his Raven pipeline to assist Warhop, talk about the blind leading the blind. And 49er management did nothing. Just take a look at Foerster record as OL coach prior to Niners. Can you spot a trend? This is shameful and undeniable. Get rid of McCloughan, Foerster and Raye, all losers in their careers.

Year Team NFL Off. Rank

1996 Bucs 28
1997 Bucs 29
1998 Bucs 22
1999 Bucs 28
2000 Bucs 21
2001 Bucs 26
2005 Ravens 24
2006 Ravens 17
2007 Ravens 22
Rachal is especially poor. Does he realize that he needs to use his legs to block. He's all arms. His technique is terrible, that falls on the line coach.
our o line is basically played with a bunch of backups..

LT- Staley is Legit, very solid
LG- Baas is horrible, backup at best
C- Heitman is worse than what people give him credit for
RG- Rachal is inconsistent at best, and his game is full of melt downs
RT- Snyder is having a bad season, we've seen better from him

Sims- actually playing better than expected
Wragge- should get some PT, why not??
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chico:
I miss Bobb McKittrick....Please! I miss you Bobby

He was the best, if we only had someone with half his coaching ability, that would be nice.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Our guard play!

I am 44 years old and have been following football pretty much all my life, as you some of you may know my father was a sports writer, I grew up with this stuff.

I have never seen worse play from a pair of guards ever at any level in my life!

I have coached pee wees with better technique.

The poor pad level, the lack of aggression, and poor foot work was appalling.

Gregg Forester should walk out behind the blocking sled and blow what is left of his brains out!

Singletary needs to do something about this clown NOW!

ma man good post... i think we cant really blame alex until this is through
Originally posted by SDDAVE:
Gollita you are spot on. It is obvious that the offensive line and OL coaching means nothing to McCloughan and the rest of the Niner coaching staff and management. Warhop had a horrible record as a OL Coach prior to Foerster taking over. McCloughan said he will never overpay for a guard , that they are a dime a dozen. Well, we know now that they are not all created equally. Nolan, who did not know offense from squat hired Foerster from his Raven pipeline to assist Warhop, talk about the blind leading the blind. And 49er management did nothing. Just take a look at Foerster record as OL coach prior to Niners. Can you spot a trend? This is shameful and undeniable. Get rid of McCloughan, Foerster and Raye, all losers in their careers.

Year Team NFL Off. Rank

1996 Bucs 28
1997 Bucs 29
1998 Bucs 22
1999 Bucs 28
2000 Bucs 21
2001 Bucs 26
2005 Ravens 24
2006 Ravens 17
2007 Ravens 22

Nice work on the stats!
Sign Larry Allen!!!
Originally posted by AC49er:
Sign Larry Allen!!!

Larry Allen is what 40 by now? probably approaching 450lbs.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Sign Larry Allen!!!

And still better than what we have.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Sign Larry Allen!!!

And still better than what we have.

sad....we should sign Jon Runyan though. Snyder sucks at RT

I think it's fair to say that Baas is a 2nd round (33rd overall) bust!
I agree. Even with the best coaches, they are still either really bad, or seriously underperforming. I have never seen worse OL play in 20 years of watching football. (I think DET had a really bad OL but this has got to be the worst i have seen). How can BAAS and RACHAL be so so bad. they were both 2nd round picks and i think the second best in that draft class, and they still are horrible.

Our center is good but can't get any push or pass block well either.

Staley is the only good OL but even he isn't that good.

This one falls mostly on the players and little on the coaches.

It just shows how good Gore Davis and even our QB's are to do well or even average with our OL. Even Brady would look like crap with our OL.
They suck. What can you do? You can't fix it until the offseason. But this is what we say every year.
our OL has been bad since steve young went down years ago. it was ok 1 year under garcia but even then garcia avoided alot of sacks and we had some great wr's and a rb that could bail the ol out.

Now we have a great rb and te and we look like we may have a #1 wr, but our OL is so bad, the worst in the league, so we look a lot worse than we really are.
Originally posted by elguapo:
our OL has been bad since steve young went down years ago. it was ok 1 year under garcia but even then garcia avoided alot of sacks and we had some great wr's and a rb that could bail the ol out.

Now we have a great rb and te and we look like we may have a #1 wr, but our OL is so bad, the worst in the league, so we look a lot worse than we really are.

I agree. I don't think we are as bad as we look if you fix the offensive line.
Share 49ersWebzone