LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

Has Balmer done anything.......?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
yes. he's cost us a nice chunk of change and taken up a roster spot.

a nice chunk of change? 1.5 mil this year and 991,000 next season, wayyy to much money.

Demetric Evans makes more than him yet i dont hear whining about his lack of production. Balmer gets 10-15 snaps a game, he is a solid backup and production does not fall off when he is in the game.

That, to me, is a problem. I didn't know you draft 1st-rounders to be solid backups.

29th overall? its not he is a top 10 pick thats a backup.
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
So he is getting playing time right? Is he doing anything!? The only plays that I can think of is when a team does a squib kick, he always seems to recover it. Maybe we should have him return punts instead of Brandon Jones?

who is kentwan balmer ? is he on our team ? making some contribution i wouldn't be aware of ?

All I can say is WOW, no love for the guy that was in the mix for the time he had on the field. No love whatsoever. If I were Kentwan an read this garbage I would be looking to put a hurt on some foos.

Let's hope that the other team are the poor foos that get the hurt put on em. I would hate to have to send get well cards to 9er fans unless it's a Cold.

I don't know what you guys want from him. Linemen typically take 3 to 4 years to "get it" Sometimes longer. Look at Icebox. He's been here since Donahue was our GM. An how many were all over that guy?

Yeah that's what I thought. Quit wiggin out over a bunch of nadda.

~Ceadder
Bill Walsh traded down and passed on Anthony Muuoz. It's easy to pick a perfect draft class in hindsight. Ozzie Newsom, who does very well at the draft, passed on Desean Jackson too. Think the WR starved Ravens wish they could have a do-over on that one?

Balmer has shown almost nothing but they knew he was very raw when they drafted him. He wasn't exactly a reach. Kipper had him going at the bottom of the first. DE is one of the harder positions to transition into from college to the pros. I'll give him till next year before I completely write him off. If he can learn any technique at all he has the physical tools to be a dominate player.
Originally posted by Thizz415:
he is playing very well. He's probably our best return man.

• dj43
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Maybe we should've played like Balmer early before he was ready ala Rachal because Chilo has been amazing.

Balmer comes in to give somebody a rest or on goalline situations.

Guess who was on the field for the goalline stand when Aubrayo got his int? Balmer....

So how did he do on the 3 plays on the goalline: something positive on every play.

I rewatched the goalline stand again....and here's what he did.

First play: Bears run directly at him. What does he do? Holds the point of attack and creates the pile so Spikes can come over the top to stop Forte....exactly what a DT is supposed to do..

Second play: Bears run to Sopoaga's side. What does Balmer do? Slams inside of Kreutz and gets into the backfield to prevent any chance of Forte of cutting it back.

Third play: Cutler's INT to Aubrayo. Balmer bull rushes Kruetz and gets great penetration and chases Cutler backwards. He actually closes the left passing lane forcing Cutler to throw directly at Franklin.

So to answer your question- Has Balmer done anything? Yes, usually when he steps onto the field he does something positive.

On one of Forte screens, he was the only the DL to actually read the screen. He obviously wasn't fast enough to catch him running but he still played discipline football.
Hey, it is not fair to actually cite evidence that shows a guy is playing well when given the opportunity.
D Line take some time to develop! Not every draft pick is an instant success! Look at a lot of top 10 d line picks, how many have done much lately?? Balmer will come around next year, when he gets more playing time! At least we aren't hearing about his poor play or anything. Stats are overrated for 3-4 lineman!
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
yes. he's cost us a nice chunk of change and taken up a roster spot.

a nice chunk of change? 1.5 mil this year and 991,000 next season, wayyy to much money.

Demetric Evans makes more than him yet i dont hear whining about his lack of production. Balmer gets 10-15 snaps a game, he is a solid backup and production does not fall off when he is in the game.

That, to me, is a problem. I didn't know you draft 1st-rounders to be solid backups.

29th overall? its not he is a top 10 pick thats a backup.

Even top picks dont always get on the field when a team is good at his position. I don't know if Balmer is a DE or NT in the 3-4 but who do you want him to replace right now. It's OK to have a late 1st rounder not crack the starting lineup (especially when there are only 2 DE spots for him to start in), it just means the guys starting in front of him are playing at a pretty high level...
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by Jigga:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
He won't make a difference at this point the way Smith, Franklin, and Soap are playing.

He was a reach anyway in the draft.

*cough cough* Desean Jackson *cough*

*cough cough* he plays for the Eagles *cough*

*cough cough* and was passed up on for Balmer *cough*

what's up with all this coughing? pass the blunt this way!
"Purple Power" or "Grape Ape"?? Ukiah, Mendocino, Califas!!
Share 49ersWebzone