There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

5 picks turn into 216 yards of total offense

We had 216 yards of total offense. 5 picks turned into 216 yards!? How can we not be concerned about this!? I was feeling better after the loss vs. the titans than I am after a win against the Bears. How are we supposed to be a "playoff team" that can only score 10 points when a team throws 5 picks!?
P.S: A look at Cutler's interceptions....

On the first pick, Cutler threw it into coverage, and if Franklin didnt pick it off, Willis would have.
The second pick: Hester fell down.
Third pick: Referee got in the way and made the receiver change his route.
4th pick: We were lucky that we didnt get a PI call because Roman hit the receiver before the ball reached him.
5th pick: Horrible throw that was forced.
I have been proud of our defense all year, but I think that we are lucky that Cutler played so horrible.
i think EVERYONE except for Raye is concerned about this.
216 yards = WIN.
10-6=WIN
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
216 yards = WIN.

agreed.

btw, isn't this thread the same thing as the 5 INT, 10 Points thread?
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by FourNine49:
216 yards = WIN.

agreed.

lol yes it is
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Bears defense got fired up becuase of Vernon comments I think, they did have a good game, we need to account for that too.
Originally posted by Luca:
Bears defense got fired up becuase of Vernon comments I think, they did have a good game, we need to account for that too.

They did. A win is a win right now.
yeah, this is a bit concerning that we have not really capitalized on turnovers. it would be a scary thing if this offense produced at the same time the defense got turn overs. if we turn another one of those picks (other than gore's td run) into 7, we all would have had lower blood pressure last night.

i know it is the cliche' thing to say, but i really think it is just this team being young and raye being somewhat too cautious. what i have a feeling about is that our coach DOES NOT think we can overcome turnovers, so they ten to play very "careful" football.
Originally posted by valrod33:
10-6=WIN

ha I knew I was gonna get some responses like this. But lets be honest: If we can only achieve 216 yards of total offense when our opponent throws 5 picks, we are in trouble.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
216 yards = WIN.

agreed.

You dont need to respond to the post.If you feel like it has already been states, just dont respond. Sorry "Forum Police".
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
We had 216 yards of total offense. 5 picks turned into 216 yards!? How can we not be concerned about this!? I was feeling better after the loss vs. the titans than I am after a win against the Bears. How are we supposed to be a "playoff team" that can only score 10 points when a team throws 5 picks!?

On the first pick, Cutler threw it into coverage, and if Franklin didnt pick it off, Willis would have.
4th pick: We were lucky that we didnt get a PI call because Roman hit the receiver before the ball reached him.
I have been proud of our defense all year, but I think that we are lucky that Cutler played so horrible.

I'm not going to defend the lack of production and conservative offensive game plan, but the premise is a little misleading on the turnovers. The pick to Lewis was the last play of the game. The pick by Franklin left us at our 11 yard line. The pick by Brown, returned to the Bears 14 yard line, we scored the next play. I think you're confusing the failure to produce on offense with a failure to convert on turnovers.
Originally posted by valrod33:
10-6=WIN

ha I knew I was gonna get some responses like this. But lets be honest: If we can only achieve 216 yards of total offense when our opponent throws 5 picks, we are in trouble.

. . . . yet when we threw for almost 300 yards, we lost.

Crabs gets the call on the first play of the game and catches that other slant and we are not having this conversation, IMO.

That, and Gore's hundy, are why this 216 does not bother me.

You must be a problem solver by nature. Maybe there is a reason cutler didnt do well. It would appear every issue you site in this one would have us believe none of the 9ers good defensive play was actually good play. I wonder if you don't realize we put huge pressure on them, or if you are just stirring up negativity? Embrace the win man.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Could be posted here