Originally posted by Goldtimer:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Originally posted by valrod33:
one thing i am mad at though is crabtree needed to make that catch near the goal line on 3rd down right before nedney missed that FG

Yup that's a catch playmakers make.

The kid is a playmaker. That throw was horrible. Behind and outside, while he was running deep and inside with no safety to be seen.

Have you seen the catches he's made on the sideline? The first play of the game for example, which I was convinced he had reeled in?? The kid has hands!

I think that ball hit him squarley between the one and the five, that was a perfect throw.

You are right... I thought he meant the deep throw that was intercepted for some reason...

You were wrong, once again proving you calling someone a dumb ass irrelevant.

So sue me!

Brandon Lloyd!

You really don't get it huh? I used Lloyd as an example of someone that also was making great catches which is something you guys seem to AW about. The subject is about forcing the ball to someone not eliminating him from the gameplan. Also it would be best for the team if we did use him as a decoy in some of our plays, to possibly take shots downfield or just to keep the ball moving.

the niners were using lloyd as a decoy on that play
one thing i am mad at though is crabtree needed to make that catch near the goal line on 3rd down right before nedney missed that FG

The kid is a playmaker. That throw was horrible. Behind and outside, while he was running deep and inside with no safety to be seen.

Have you seen the catches he's made on the sideline? The first play of the game for example, which I was convinced he had reeled in?? The kid has hands!

I think that ball hit him squarley between the one and the five, that was a perfect throw.

You are right... I thought he meant the deep throw that was intercepted for some reason...

So sue me!

Brandon Lloyd!

You really don't get it huh? I used Lloyd as an example of someone that also was making great catches which is something you guys seem to AW about. The subject is about forcing the ball to someone not eliminating him from the gameplan. Also it would be best for the team if we did use him as a decoy in some of our plays, to possibly take shots downfield or just to keep the ball moving.

Lloyd sucks. Crabtree has been impressive and has impressed damn nearly every credible NFL source. He still has alot to show and prove. He needs to show that he can get seperation. I don't think we are forcing him the ball. he is our number one so he is going to get the ball. He is about to be the leading wr on the team. and since he has signed he is the one guy i see consistently make first down catches.

So sue me!

Brandon Lloyd!

Exactly, you know nothing about football thanks for the confirmation. If that's all you can come up with. Show me a GIF of Crabtree scoring a TD or getting more than 10 yards of YAC.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

So sue me!

Brandon Lloyd!

Lloyd sucks. Crabtree has been impressive and has impressed damn nearly every credible NFL source. He still has alot to show and prove. He needs to show that he can get seperation. I don't think we are forcing him the ball. he is our number one so he is going to get the ball. He is about to be the leading wr on the team. and since he has signed he is the one guy i see consistently make first down catches.

Well stated, my friend!

So sue me!

Brandon Lloyd!

Exactly, you know nothing about football thanks for the confirmation. If that's all you can come up with. Show me a GIF of Crabtree scoring a TD or getting more than 10 yards of YAC.

So sue me!

Brandon Lloyd!

Again me bringing up Lloyd was only because of all the hype about Crabtree's catches. I'm not saying Crabtree sucks, only pointing out that we may be forcing the ball to him when there could be better options.

[ Edited by Goldtimer on Nov 13, 2009 at 14:45:42 ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
that first catch was a thing of beauty! Called incomplete or not, it was beautiful the way he grabbed it and managed to touch both feet in bounds. Stupid refs.

that was a catch

Agree.

So sue me!

Brandon Lloyd!

Again me bringing up Lloyd was only because of all the hype about Crabtree's catches. I'm not saying Crabtree sucks, only pointing out that we may be forcing the ball to him when there could be better options.

I don't think so. The only other better option would be vd. Although maybe it isn't forcing as much as it is the decision making of the qb. It could be the oline. There are a lot of excuses for everything though.
I think all the balls that could be considered forced were also catch-able. I think its just a matter of time and tweaks. probably some oline upgrades and qb growth and those balls that look forced will suddenly just disappear. I do expect those balls to be more spread out as alex gets more playing time since its been so long. Alex is on a short leash. This is his yr or he is gone i hope.

So sue me!

Brandon Lloyd!

I don't think so. The only other better option would be vd. Although maybe it isn't forcing as much as it is the decision making of the qb. It could be the oline. There are a lot of excuses for everything though.
I think all the balls that could be considered forced were also catch-able. I think its just a matter of time and tweaks. probably some oline upgrades and qb growth and those balls that look forced will suddenly just disappear. I do expect those balls to be more spread out as alex gets more playing time since its been so long. Alex is on a short leash. This is his yr or he is gone i hope.

Ok now were talking. Someone who gets what I'm trying to say after explaining it to him one time. All those factors are true and of course has plenty to do with the decision the qb makes, but why not make someone else the first read in the progression once in awhile. I like Crabtree but if defenders are keying on him, I think it would be easy to find someone with less focus on them. This of course depends on what the protection gives at that moment.

[ Edited by Goldtimer on Nov 13, 2009 at 14:57:55 ]
I've noticed ever since he got here, they've been really trying to get the ball to him. So my question is. Was this part of his signing, did his contract have anything stating he must get so many looks per game? Are they trying to meet his incentives? To me it just seems odd, I'd rather see the ball spread out. The pick last night, Josh Morgan was wide open on the post. Also a pump fake here and there would help us out a lot. Thoughts?

NOT B!TH ASS SMITH!

If Crabtree is supposed to be our franchise WR a la Moss or Andre Johnson, then I would certainly hope that we're gonna force him the ball when there are man-to-man defensive alignments out there. Unfortunately, Smith and Crabs were on the wrong page on that play, but, hopefully, going forward they'll build that chemistry and Crabs will come down with those jump balls and one-on-one confrontations.
Originally posted by DShanghai69er:
If Crabtree is supposed to be our franchise WR a la Moss or Andre Johnson, then I would certainly hope that we're gonna force him the ball when there are man-to-man defensive alignments out there. Unfortunately, Smith and Crabs were on the wrong page on that play, but, hopefully, going forward they'll build that chemistry and Crabs will come down with those jump balls and one-on-one confrontations.

Man to Man coverage is not forcing a ball, that throw should happen. But the defender had a big cushion at least 10 yards. The defender also had an advantage due to the route that was ran (it was just a straight route), I would've liked to see a pump fake Crabs way and hit the other WR that also had man coverage with no safety help on a post route.
Share 49ersWebzone