There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We have No killer instinct

The Bears played alot of single deep safety in the middle. Why not send 2 wrs deep and force the safety to shade over to one side with a pump fake. Then throw to the other side with no safety help. I am no offensive genius but this is elementary.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
The Bears played alot of single deep safety in the middle. Why not send 2 wrs deep and force the safety to shade over to one side with a pump fake. Then throw to the other side with no safety help. I am no offensive genius but this is elementary.

Two reasons:

1.) Our line can't create a pocket long enough to let deep routes develop
2.) Our WRs don't have the speed to gain the necessary downfield separation
Originally posted by GoFD74:

Two reasons:

Not to mention our QB is very un-reliable.
Originally posted by susweel:

Two reasons:

Not to mention our QB is very un-reliable.

Smith throws a pretty decent downfield ball, but he can't sit in the pocket long enough to actually let those routes develop. I bet we've tried to get the ball deep a number of times since Smith has taken over, but it falls apart up front.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Give it time people. We have a new Qb, reciever and a revamped OL. Give the guys a chance to mesh. At least we're competitive and not getting blown out every game anymore.

Two reasons:

Well it only takes about 4.5 seconds to run 40 yds. And the ball would be in the air for about 1.5 - 2 seconds. That means you let it fly at 3 seconds. We dont have a very good line but we have been getting 3 sec. Those are just excuses, not reasons.

Two reasons:

Well it only takes about 4.5 seconds to run 40 yds. And the ball would be in the air for about 1.5 - 2 seconds. That means you let it fly at 3 seconds. We dont have a very good line but we have been getting 3 sec. Those are just excuses, not reasons.

If you're looking for actual reasons, you'll have to ask Jimmy Raye. Failing that, all you'll get here is excuses since none of us on this forum know the actual answer.

maybe its bc ray is our oc and your even a better oc than he is
I disagree with no killer instinct...What about the 4th and 1 in the 4thQ where we tried to QB sneak (bad call) but we were trying to put the dagger in the heart. The problem that keep rearing its head again and again IS NO OFFENSIVE LINE...If we get the 1 yard we can get a FG at worst and sustain the drive...Our RT is a guard, and our RG isnt playing at the same level he finished left season. We can only do so much with the pieces we have on the OL.

IT ALL STARTS AND ENDS WITH THE OL PLAY PERIOD
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame
agreed should have shanked Cutler in the first quarter
OL
Originally posted by Ninerwinner:
I disagree with no killer instinct...What about the 4th and 1 in the 4thQ where we tried to QB sneak (bad call) but we were trying to put the dagger in the heart. The problem that keep rearing its head again and again IS NO OFFENSIVE LINE...If we get the 1 yard we can get a FG at worst and sustain the drive...Our RT is a guard, and our RG isnt playing at the same level he finished left season. We can only do so much with the pieces we have on the OL.

When ever your QB throws for only 118 yds, that is a lack of killer instinct on the offense. All of these super short throws is what is killing us. Other teams have a 3rd and 15 and they go for the first. We have 3rd and 15 and we run a draw. Thats not the oline thats our lack of killer instinct.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninerwinner:

When ever your QB throws for only 118 yds, that is a lack of killer instinct on the offense. All of these super short throws is what is killing us. Other teams have a 3rd and 15 and they go for the first. We have 3rd and 15 and we run a draw. Thats not the oline thats our lack of killer instinct.

why is everyone saying this today?

on third and long they called a pass play the WR downfield were never open

why can't people understand this?
Its the OL/Playcalling on O, Need more speed on D and a stud OLB that can put constant pressure on the opposing QB....

also IMO we shouldnt be playing this conservative style of O until we have atleast a 14 point lead.

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Nov 13, 2009 at 10:38:54 ]
We haven't had much of an offense since Mooch and Jeff Garcia left, but every year we hear the same thing....it's Erickson's fault, it's Ted Tollner's fault, it's Mike McCarthey's fault, it's Norv Turner's fault, it's Jim Hostler's fault, it's Mike Martz's fault, now it's Jimmy Raye's fault.

Does anyone see a pattern here?

WE DON'T HAVE A f**kING QB, AND UNTIL WE DO, WE WILL NOT BE A GOOD OFFENSE NO MATTER WHO THE OC IS.