There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

From "Craps" to "Crabs"...eating crow...mmm.

Originally posted by MadMartz:
Crabs did screw up on that INT though. He over ran the route and then fell down. He needs to do a better job of tracking the ball in the air.

I totally agree with you there. He has caused a few of Alex's picks which were very catchable throws. Those are the little mistakes that will go away with experience and adjusting to the speed of the NFL. But overall this guy is playing at a very high level for a rookie that missed all of training camp. I can't wait till he reaches his full potential!!!
Fly15, i would agree with you except for 2 things: one, regardless of who our QB has been last 5 yrs, our OL pass blocking has been non-existent, and it would take a magician to be a good or even serviceable qb under those conditions...and the pass blocking hasn't just been bad, it has been inexcusably inept.
Two, in 5 yrs here, alex has had 5 OCs, none of them particularly outstanding, and some of them downright dreadful. QB coaches have changed also like a swinging door. What's worse, one OC who is lousy for 5 yrs... or 5 OCs who are mediocre to poor with a new guy coming on every yr. That is no way to give a QB confidence, let alone how to play the position. No question alex has not been a standout, but everything he needed to succeed was taken from him, or just never there.

For me, the fault lies initially with noln, but also with scot, who is, for cripes sakes, the GM, but is actually serving more as a scout than the guy who oversees everything, which includes getting good coaching for the qB, not to mention an OL that can protect him.
I totally agree with u, but 4 example, Rodgers and Cutler-- those guys lose but still end up with over 300 yrds!! and rodgers if im not mistaken he has a worst OL than us. Alex had no more than 80 yrds by the end of the 2nd qtr against bears. hope he does better next week, but still cant wait to c our rookie QB.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Fly15, i would agree with you except for 2 things: one, regardless of who our QB has been last 5 yrs, our OL pass blocking has been non-existent, and it would take a magician to be a good or even serviceable qb under those conditions...and the pass blocking hasn't just been bad, it has been inexcusably inept.
Two, in 5 yrs here, alex has had 5 OCs, none of them particularly outstanding, and some of them downright dreadful. QB coaches have changed also like a swinging door. What's worse, one OC who is lousy for 5 yrs... or 5 OCs who are mediocre to poor with a new guy coming on every yr. That is no way to give a QB confidence, let alone how to play the position. No question alex has not been a standout, but everything he needed to succeed was taken from him, or just never there.

For me, the fault lies initially with noln, but also with scot, who is, for cripes sakes, the GM, but is actually serving more as a scout than the guy who oversees everything, which includes getting good coaching for the qB, not to mention an OL that can protect him.

How dare you use logic and facts to make a point around here.
Originally posted by Goldtimer:
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Originally posted by Goldtimer:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Crabs is going to be a VERY GOOD wide receiver for us for a long time. I'm hesitant -- however -- to put him in the Jerry Rice category at this time. Rice is the greatest QB to ever play this game, period, end of discussion. Crabs has a long way to go.

Plus -- Rice had some very good QB's throwing to him. Crabs doesn't -- yet. Shaun Hill really couldn't get him the ball. And Alex Smith couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in broad daylight at ten paces if his life depended on it.

The QB who will be able to get the ball to Crabs on a consistent basis is still playing on Saturdays. He will arrive next year in the form of a QB rich draft.

Lord help us if we draft yet another spread QB in the form of Tebow.

But -- I do agree that we've struck gold in Crabtree. We're slowly adding a piece here and there. We're just missing a couple of key pieces now. A good QB and a nice pass rusher would fit the bill just fine. Perhaps a right tackle might help too.

Dang I missed the season where Rice was the QB. LOL, anyways you are way out of bounds to even mention Crabtree and Rice in the same sentence.

We know you don't like Crabtree, we get it by this point.
However yes, I agree, Crabs in no Rice.
But he's the best since TO. Yeah, he's gonna be better than Bryant and is already better than Lloyd.

You know I don't like Crabtree? Hmm, the only thing I don't like is us forcing the ball to him. He's made some good catches, and had he been here from the get go, the team would probably being doing a lot better as whole.

Yes I know you don't like Crabtree ... I'm bored at work so I clicked your name and looked at your previous posts, and every Crabtree post you've made is negative.
Which is why I never felt the need to talk sh*t about the kid - knowing he would eventually be a contributor for us.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Make sure you eat all your veggies too.
i don't like him for what he did , but HE IS BETTER THAN: Brandon " i get one highlight catch every other game" Lloyd, a.lelie , Jacobs, j. Morton, c. Conway, a. Bryant( he gets a pass cause he was productive )and all those bums smith had in 2004-2007 ,after Sunday he is literally going to be our leading receiver for wrs (not counting Vernon Davis )
Through Week 10- 6 catches 96 yards hahaha, good pick Al

compared to 18 catches 215 yards in 4 games

too bad he started for us late but he is a player.
Originally posted by fly15:
I totally agree with u, but 4 example, Rodgers and Cutler-- those guys lose but still end up with over 300 yrds!! and rodgers if im not mistaken he has a worst OL than us. Alex had no more than 80 yrds by the end of the 2nd qtr against bears. hope he does better next week, but still cant wait to c our rookie QB.

If you would rather have Cutler ............. I would say go to the "Jeff George" highlight reel. Cutler has 17 INT's this season .......... 300 yds + 5 picks = Ryan Leaf/George/Tony Banks .......... C'mon Flyguy ......... wait and see what happens with a couple/few good receivers and a little continuity. -Please ..... Alex will be a little better than adequate ....... !