LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Deferring the kickoff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
I think we are still the only team in the NFL that hasn't allowed a score by the opposing team during there first drive.

I believe this is true.

it is true
Take the wind
defer every time.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
I think we are still the only team in the NFL that hasn't allowed a score by the opposing team during there first drive.

I believe this is true.

it is true

problem is, we're probably the only team in the league to never score a TD on our first drive.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
We have done this twice in as many weeks now. I really like this strategy and the fact we get the ball after halftime. If we are down we get a chance to narrow the gap and if we are up we get a chance to put a lil more distance between us.

What do you guys think? deffer or receive?

I don't think it makes a difference. We go three and out anyway either at the beginning of the game or at the beginning of the 2nd half.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
defer every time.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
defer every time.
defer, i trust our defense to get the job done more than our offense
Originally posted by MadMartz:
We have done this twice in as many weeks now. I really like this strategy and the fact we get the ball after halftime. If we are down we get a chance to narrow the gap and if we are up we get a chance to put a lil more distance between us.

What do you guys think? deffer or receive?

With an average NFL Net punt being about 35 yards, if you hold the opponent inside their own 45 before forcing a punt its a success. If you force a 3-and-out you'll get it at midfield.
Nobody has scored a point on us on the first drive this year. That's why we like our defense out there first.

49ers have not given up a point on opposing teams 1st drive.

Defer
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Nobody has scored a point on us on the first drive this year. That's why we like our defense out there first.
Share 49ersWebzone