LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 314 users in the forums

playcalling vs alex smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
so the play calling is pathetic! and we could all see that but have you guys ever wondered! the reason why we run the ball with 9 minutes left and only up 10-6 is WE DON'T TRUST ALEX SMITH THROWING THE BALL? that just might be the case?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
35 plans ran after his INT

20 run plays 15 pass plays

9 runs 3 pass plays on the drive that killed 6:07

3-8 was a pass play but no one was open so he ran and picked up a couple yards

find something else to cry about
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
so the play calling is pathetic! and we could all see that but have you guys ever wondered! the reason why we run the ball with 9 minutes left and only up 10-6 is WE DON'T TRUST ALEX SMITH THROWING THE BALL? that just might be the case?

We absolutely don't trust Alex Smith with the ball.
Nor should we.
They made the right choices (play calling) to not lose the game last night.

Cutler was giving the game away and we didn't want to let Alex give it back.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

sooooo hmmmmmm.... i aint even gonna blog anymore! everyone is so high and mighty off alex smith! 3 years of play, and 4 games this year! he has one ugly game under his belt! and his last win was 2 years ago! ya! lets be happy that he's the future! I'M SO HAPPY!
The playcalling was fine. I'd prefer to see us mix in a long ball with Vernon or Morgan, but overall I blame execution over playcalling this week.
Raye just doesn't know when to change or stick with something. For example: Most games this season, we couldn't run the ball, but we kept throwing and failing. Against Tennessee, we ran the ball pretty well, but threw it way too much. Raye seems to call plays backwards.
Originally posted by BAD_AL:

We absolutely don't trust Alex Smith with the ball.
Nor should we.
They made the right choices (play calling) to not lose the game last night.

Cutler was giving the game away and we didn't want to let Alex give it back.

Exactly Smith's play is the main reason for the play calling. We saw last week wht happens when they let him toss the ball around a lot. Turnovers. There were a few terrible calls last night though that had nothing to do with Smith

[ Edited by lamontb on Nov 13, 2009 at 09:46:42 ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

sooooo hmmmmmm.... i aint even gonna blog anymore! everyone is so high and mighty off alex smith! 3 years of play, and 4 games this year! he has one ugly game under his belt! and his last win was 2 years ago! ya! lets be happy that he's the future! I'M SO HAPPY!

WTH are you talking about your comment was they didn't let him pass many people have said that today but the play calling was rather =

many people just like to cry about stuff without actually knowing what they are trying to cry about

WTH are you talking about your comment was they didn't let him pass many people have said that today but the play calling was rather =

many people just like to cry about stuff without actually knowing what they are trying to cry about

i was at the game first hand! seen every play! don't you think IF they trusted him they woulda thrown atleast once with "9" minutes left and a 10-6 lead... just like they say in the radio! we're playing not to lose! then more to win! ya... i don't know what i'm talking about! that's why every single throw he made was never down field except for one to vernon davis! and the rest were dump offs to gore or short screens to crabtree! thanks for trying to make me feel like i made no sense! BUT NO THANKS!

i was at the game first hand! seen every play! don't you think IF they trusted him they woulda thrown atleast once with "9" minutes left and a 10-6 lead... just like they say in the radio! we're playing not to lose! then more to win! ya... i don't know what i'm talking about! that's why every single throw he made was never down field except for one to vernon davis! and the rest were dump offs to gore or short screens to crabtree! thanks for trying to make me feel like i made no sense! BUT NO THANKS!

and to top that off! WHO ARE THE BEARS SECONDARY??? thanks for making sense at all! ohhh is the bears secondary the ones who is worse then ours? oh ya that's who they are!

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Oh my bad you were at the game well I saw every play on tv what the difference?

Did you miss the 3 pass plays on the drive?

3-8 play was a pass play the OL held up for about a second and a half the Smith scrabled and picked up a couple yards. Had the Line held up maybe he finds an open receiver in the endzone.

You can’t pass downfield if you only have 2 seconds to throw the ball WR can’t get open downfield in 2 seconds.

You have to go for plays that are open and what the D gives you or you can just force passes downfield and get picked every time
Share 49ersWebzone