There are 287 users in the forums

What we need to do to win the west

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Looking at both our remaining schedule and the cardinals', i can see the cards winning 10 games (that is with them winning games they will be favored in and losing to us and the vikes), they finish the season with a real soft schedule....

i see us needing to go 6-1 the rest of the way, possible....the only game that i dont give us a big chance is in philly, the other 6 are very winnable games, we just have to show up and its going to be very difficult....i think we are still a year and a healthy offensive line away

of course we all know that cards are capable of laying an egg against some bad teams
what we need? A complete cardinal meltdown.
go undefeated in the nfc west
win 10 games atleast will get us a playoffs spot, thats enough for atleast a wildcard. that means we can lose 1, im predicting at eagles.

[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Nov 13, 2009 at 08:45:53 ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

this is the only answer, or go undefeated.. which wont happen.
  • JC49
  • Veteran
If the Seahawks can do us a favor this weekend and beat the Cardinals we might have a chance at the division. Everything would be tightened up into a three horse race with us holding the divisional record advantage. Even going 6-1 I don't see us getting a wildcard spot. We need to go one better than the Cards for the remainder of the season and beat them when we meet. Arizona has been very inconsistent. Let's hope that continues and they don't get hot like last year.

It sucks to be wishing and hoping when we had things in our hands. Last nights display was so pathetic I need to see bettter before it's worth getting worked up about. To be given five interceptions and score ten points is really sad.
We need to win out, and we need the Vikes to beat the Cards the week before we play them.
With a fairly week final seven games and a win already over the Cardinals, the 9ers are close to being completely in control of their own destiny. Of course that presupposes a win over the Cardinals at home. If the 49ers lose that game, then it's pretty much all over.
If we can't solve our offensive line problems we won't make the play-offs, no way.

Win 6 of the next 7, possibly 5 of 7 if we win all games against NFC West opponents. Lambeau Field is a big hurdle. Winning late in the season against a playoff contending Philadelphia will be a tall order. Beating Arizona at home with possible division implications will be a stiff test. Winning in Seattle isn't easy.

At this point, with the offense retreating into its shell, I don't like our odds. If we can pull it together and eliminate the mistakes, epand the playbook...it's possible. We could get hot. We've been in every game since Atlanta.

My prediction: 9-7. Hardest part of the schedule is behind us, but we are too mistake prone and we will regret that loss to Tennessee.
Originally posted by superman49er:
Looking at both our remaining schedule and the cardinals', i can see the cards winning 10 games (that is with them winning games they will be favored in and losing to us and the vikes), they finish the season with a real soft schedule....

i see us needing to go 6-1 the rest of the way, possible....the only game that i dont give us a big chance is in philly, the other 6 are very winnable games, we just have to show up and its going to be very difficult....i think we are still a year and a healthy offensive line away

of course we all know that cards are capable of laying an egg against some bad teams

I dont understand your logic.

You dont see us beating phili but beating the superior cards???

With the way we are playing that is the sad truth ....... we need a Cardinal meltdown.
I don't care how, but we just need to keep winning! Ugly or super fly status, don't care how, just frickin' win!!!!!

C'mon Seahawks! Yea right...

Hey...any given Sunday!

We can't win the west without beating Arizona in our next meeting. We win that game and we're essentially a 1/2 game behind them.
Share 49ersWebzone