LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

14 POINTS!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Before last night's win this is the lost difference between us being 7-2 leading the West and everybody loving Alex Smith and us having a really great chance of making the playoffs. WOW!!!!!
Explain please.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Explain please.

Loss by 3 to Minny

Loss by 3 to Texans

Loss by 4 to Colts

Loss by 7 to Titans

That's 17 points, excluding the 35-point loss in the Falcons game. We've had alot of close losses this season....This team is alot better than we give it credit for sometimes....A lot of heart on this squad....
he is saying that 14 points is all that seperated us from being 7-2

Titans we lost by 7
Texans we lost by 3
Colts we lost by 4

Total 14 points.
Close only counts in "horseshoes and handgernades" as they say. It's actually 17 points in those 4 losses.
Vikings -3
Texans -3
Colts -4
Titans -7

Yay for keeping games close but close still = a loss anyway you look at it
We are the Maxwell Smarts of the NFL. "missed it by that much"
Originally posted by Stevec9932:

Titans we lost by 7
Texans we lost by 3
Colts we lost by 4

Total 14 points.

Sorry I should have broke it down like you Stevec9932 but you got what I was thinking. If we played a little better we would be 7-2. I pretty much left out the Vikings game because we should have learned from that heart breaking lost how to close out tight games.
Most games in this league are decided by 7 or fewer points.
  • flow
  • Veteran
You lose some you thought you should win and vices versa...
Originally posted by Eastcoast49er:

Titans we lost by 7
Texans we lost by 3
Colts we lost by 4

Total 14 points.

Sorry I should have broke it down like you Stevec9932 but you got what I was thinking. If we played a little better we would be 7-2. I pretty much left out the Vikings game because we should have learned from that heart breaking lost how to close out tight games.

I would have counted the vikes game b/c that was won by a favre prayer at the end and i probably wouldn't count the texans game because they were blowing us away and it would have taken a favre type play to come back and win that one.

Originally posted by brucesf49:
Originally posted by Eastcoast49er:

Titans we lost by 7
Texans we lost by 3
Colts we lost by 4

Total 14 points.

I would have counted the vikes game b/c that was won by a favre prayer at the end and i probably wouldn't count the texans game because they were blowing us away and it would have taken a favre type play to come back and win that one.

Because we were leading in the Vikes, Colts & Titans games.
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Most games in this league are decided by 7 or fewer points.

Actually this season has seen more blow-outs than any other season. The fact that we've been keeping games close shows that although we aren't an elite team that is wining blow-outs, we aren't a crappy team that's getting blown-out.

I still remember the good old days when Mooch got fired because he JUST got us to the playoffs and couldn't win us a ring.
somebody alert me when close loses mean anything besides that you lost.
My thing is this the good team find a way to win the close games like Indy if we want to be good we have to find a way to win them. The last three before the Bear I feel we should have won because the chance was there. It appears we did not learn anything from the close lost to the Viking, playing good Defense and Offense when it counts.
Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Explain please.

Loss by 3 to Minny

Loss by 3 to Texans

Loss by 4 to Colts

Loss by 7 to Titans

That's 17 points, excluding the 35-point loss in the Falcons game. We've had alot of close losses this season....This team is alot better than we give it credit for sometimes....A lot of heart on this squad....

It's actually 21 points...because you do have to score more points to win.
Share 49ersWebzone