LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 346 users in the forums

Bears player punches Rachal in the face after a fumble (video)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
Apparently this guy wasn't even fined! Battle got fined for a face-mask call and this guy doesn't even get fined for a punch? It's not like nobody saw it, it was pretty obvious.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/20/four-players-fined-in-bears-49ers-game/
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Was it a punch or a shove?
  • Adman
  • Veteran
Is the right video linked? At 2:47 the 49ers are on defense and they have no clip of a fumble in the video. What are you guys watching?
Originally posted by Adman:
Is the right video linked? At 2:47 the 49ers are on defense and they have no clip of a fumble in the video. What are you guys watching?

It's supposedly in that fracas that occurred when Frank fumbled. But in that vid there is no damning evidence imho. I watched this thing 3 times and unless there is something available showing another angle the Bears will get away with one. Not like they didn't anyway.

But as I said I saw an illegal hands penalty that was ticky tack if the Refs had decided to throw it.

I just can't get over the fines for Battle and Brown of 5k each for Facemasking() and Brown for Taunting() because Battle didn't get flagged for the call that I recall(though I was watching on JTV.com, so could have missed when the league shut down channels) and Brown's flag you can't even see or hear him taunting the player which made it completely laughable.

Goodell needs to be run out of NFL HQ on a rail imho. I don't mind him being proactive. But fines for 2 minor "offenses"?!? Makes you wonder who else got fined through the course of the season and whether or not these fines were even worth the time to levy on the players.

~Ceadder
  • Adman
  • Veteran
Still don't see it. Oh well. This is football. Be prepared to get hit.
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
It's not on the highlight video. After the Gore fumble Rachal came in to pull people off the pile and one of the Bears' defenders got up and punched him in the face. It was pretty blatant but it's been left out of the highlight videos.
Originally posted by Adman:
Still don't see it. Oh well. This is football. Be prepared to get hit.

I didn't see it either. Apparently, you and I are just seeing the Jay Cutler interceptionthon and not the other video.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
That's old school football. I think NFL is becoming to pussified.
who cares, his happens all the time lol
  • Sulla
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
That's old school football. I think NFL is becoming to pussified.

Originally posted by King49er:
who cares, his happens all the time lol

word. i mean c'mon, did gore get penalized for this punch at 4:27

(btw, i made that video 3 years ago)
You guys sure you aren't seeing things in that video that aren't there (like the Cowboy fans here when they give me excuses for their lame QB)...?
And Rachal did nothing. He is soft, do you think Kevin Gogan or even a Ray Brown or Kirk Scrafford would do nothing after being punched in the face...
Maybe Singletary should punch him so he blocks better. Or maybe we can get Harvey Dahl to teach him a thing or 2 about toughness.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
And Rachal did nothing. He is soft, do you think Kevin Gogan or even a Ray Brown or Kirk Scrafford would do nothing after being punched in the face...

You want to criticize the guy for not being penalized? Maybe that's the result of having discipline, which goes back to our HC.
[ Edited by B650 on Nov 22, 2009 at 12:35 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone